Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
16-08-2017, 10:39 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2017 06:52 PM by Clockwork.)
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(stuff)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2017, 11:08 AM
Jumping spiders.

Among all the things creepy and crawly, they are so gorram cute.

[Image: Female_Jumping_Spider_-_Phidippus_regius...jpg.cf.jpg]

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
17-08-2017, 11:09 AM
(17-08-2017 11:08 AM)Loom Wrote:  Jumping spiders.

And so fluffy too!

Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
17-08-2017, 11:16 AM
(17-08-2017 11:09 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 11:08 AM)Loom Wrote:  Jumping spiders.

And so fluffy too!

Thumbsup

I just love watching them look around. They seem so curious!

18-08-2017, 05:52 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2017 06:08 PM by Anjele.)
Usually trips to the grocery send me to the ranting corner...but not today.

I was actually there for the second time because they have moved everydamnthing and I needed to go back for a couple vital items.

In one aisle I came upon a woman with a young boy of about 8. The lady had a service dog with her of unknown origin (I know dog breeds pretty well, I don't even have a guess).

My eyes met hers and I asked what kind of service dog. She said her son is autistic and the dog helps him to stay calm. I didn't approach any of them but smiled and looked at the boy and said, "Dogs are great, aren't they?". He took a couple steps toward me and gave me a big grin and then walked back and put his hand on the dog's back, looked up at me, and back to his dog...smiling the whole time.

It was nice.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
19-08-2017, 01:00 AM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2017 01:07 AM by Free Thought.)
A few small videos I found got me smiling.

I'm off the deep end again.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
21-08-2017, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2017 08:58 AM by Banjo.)
This post is about music. Listener or playing.

If you love it, you know what I mean. Smile

I am in love with rhythm and melody.

For as long as I remember. Hearing the power of the first album I had, released in 1965, a year after my birth. Whipped cream, by Herb Alpert. Little did I know I was listening to a drumming legend named Hal Blaine. My first inspiration. Such a killer band.

Perhaps more so than melody. There's so much rhythm in the world. I hear it everywhere. Huh, I recall a car drive by during a tense scene in a movie. It was like a gorgeous snare drum roll fading into a climax, then fading away into the distance....

That it happened at the perfect time was great. Smile

Today I played drums with an astounding drummer. He was playing and I sat at the kit beside him. He began doing a funky syncopated rhythm, so I just laid down a groove.

He got comfortable realising there was no competition. And there we sat. Locked in a groove.

Bliss.

He said "Man, we never flamed. (when one beat falls slightly behind or in front of another. Hard when double drumming.) We were both dead on. It felt so very nice. What a wonderful experience. Smile

We then spoke of rhythm together for nine hours. He laughed when I mentioned a drummer's job is to make people sweat. "Make them thirsty so they keep buying drinks." Smile

I am very lucky not to have just studied the drum kit. Playing percussion gave me a great idea of what it is like to play with a drummer. If the groove isn't in the pocket, it makes life tough for the other musicians. Sadly I played with a couple of drummers whose time was shaky. Playing with a guy with groove and feel is better than anything. On any drum.

There are all these techniques for each drum, playing a pandeiro is nothing like playing a conga or drum kit. So much development happening naturally over time.

I am listening to this track, there is melody with a huge amount of rhythm weaving within it shared between the entire section, guitar, bass, drums, keys, percussion. A relatively simple beat played by one of the greatest drummers in recording history with a tremendous band.

This. It's so simple. So smooth....

So amazing that a change of drummer would have made this music sound very differently. Neither bad nor worse, simply different.

Anyway I'm just rambling.

It was a good day. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
22-08-2017, 07:05 AM
Today I woke up to see my dog rolling over and wagging his tail to greet me, which always makes me smile. Looking at the sunrise outside and seeing the trees, etc made me smile as well.
[+] 3 users Like 404ReligionNotFound's post
22-08-2017, 08:38 AM
(22-08-2017 07:05 AM)404ReligionNotFound Wrote:  Today I woke up to see my dog rolling over and wagging his tail to greet me, which always makes me smile. Looking at the sunrise outside and seeing the trees, etc made me smile as well.

I love all those little, simpler things in life Smile

22-08-2017, 08:49 AM
This morning I woke up to my dog sandwiched between my wife and I and pressed up against my right shoulder where I have some kind of ongoing problem. The body heat really helps.