Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
28-08-2017, 08:17 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
I want to pet and cuddle that dog. I feel a strong need for dog comfort today

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
28-08-2017, 10:41 PM
(28-08-2017 08:04 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Eeeek - bad picture of me Confused

you're safe, there is dog in the foreground to "aww" over. Big Grin
29-08-2017, 12:26 AM
(28-08-2017 08:17 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I want to pet and cuddle that dog. I feel a strong need for dog comfort today

Hug

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
29-08-2017, 12:30 PM
I *might * have - finally - found a pill (metamizole sodium) that works for the really bad (and debilitating, and days-long!) headaches/migraines/episodes I started having several years ago.

I can still feel the fucking thing coiled in the back of my head, but I can totally function and there's almost no pain.

Would be awesome if it really works...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
29-08-2017, 01:47 PM
(29-08-2017 12:30 PM)Vera Wrote:  ... (metamizole sodium) that works for the really bad (and debilitating, and days-long!) headaches/migraines/episodes I started having several years ago.
Would be awesome if it really works...
I hope it works. It's difficult to find good migraine meds.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
29-08-2017, 02:22 PM
(29-08-2017 01:47 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I hope it works. It's difficult to find good migraine meds.

Thanks. I really hope it does. Not even sure what exactly it is, but right now it's like watching a boxing match between that thing in my head and the pill. Still not clear who'll win though Dodgy

30-08-2017, 07:10 AM
Yet again, spoke too soon and hoped too much...

... and now here I am, with something burrowing in my head, half-poisoned on pills (that didn't work) and too weak to even sit. Dodgy

30-08-2017, 10:24 AM
We just had our pep rally completely secular convocation. It's a mind numbing event, but the new acapella group the school is running is actually pretty good. Plus word we're getting money for infrastructure improvements.

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
30-08-2017, 10:37 AM
When I was driving home yesterday I saw what looked like roadkill up ahead. As I got closer, a big bird (probably a vulture but it was too fast to see details) swooped down and lifted a dead cat up right as I got there - I almost hit him as he was navigating like a drunken sailor because the cat was way too heavy for him. He struggled his way choppily to behind some bushes. Good for him. Sorry for the cat, but at least the street cleaners are doing good work.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
30-08-2017, 08:36 PM
So a whole bunch of stuff happened between that first morning potty run I did with Midnight and the "best buddies" picture that Rev posted...

Later on Friday morning (the morning of the first potty run), Rev messaged me saying that Midnight had not ate or drank anything that morning and that we needed to get her to a vet ASAP. She also seemed to have tapeworms, but that was slightly less worrying than that she'd not ate or drank. So I told my work that I needed to leave right away. I cried on the drive home to pick her and Rev up and go to the vet and wondered what the hell was wrong with me and also decided that I'd gotten attached to this dog way too fast. Tongue

Got her to the vet and they determined she had kennel cough (she had started coughing the day before a bit but we thought that maybe she had like a hairball or just something she was trying to cough up, not that she was sick) - she was running a fever of 104, poor thing. They also got a good look at her ears - the right one was especially bad. She had two bacterial infections and also what they suspected was a fungal infection. They decided to hold off on treating the fungal infection at the time since she had so much else going on. We described the worms to them and they said yeah, sounded like tapeworms.

So, we left there with an antibiotic for her, ear drops, ear wash, cough medicine, and a four-pill dose of de-wormer for the tapeworms to be taken with her first full meal. The doctor said we should cook up some white rice and scrambled eggs for her, just to get her to try and eat (even though she admitted it'd be difficult to get her back on regular dog food afterward - her main concern was that she eat and so she thought that human food might be enough to arouse Midnight's appetite). Doc hoped she would drink some water for us, but wasn't sure she would. Doc also recommended that we get pill pouches to make pill-giving easier.

Got back home and Rev cooked up the rice and eggs for her and I went on back to work. She ended up not eating even that. She was lethargic that night and just not herself at all. Would cough anytime she got excited about anything. Couldn't even lay up on the couch 'cause it'd stir up her cough. We finally figured out that if we told her to drink some water that she would drink a bit so that made us feel better, at least. She kept on improving from there. Smile Started eating again Saturday, so we were able to give her the de-wormer.

Went to her follow-up visit on Monday and they found a marked improvement in her ear. They went ahead and gave her an anti-fungal to help treat that part of the problem. They said that there is nothing they could do surgery-wise or anything else to really restore the ear to what it once was, but we aren't really worried about how it looks - we mostly just want to minimize whatever pain or discomfort it might give her.

There was so much - I hope I didn't leave anything out. Anyway, her cough is much improved - she only does it every now and again. Her energy levels are a lot higher too. She started bringing her rope toy to us to play, and started playing with other toys that we originally thought maybe she just didn't like. She's very excited and energetic when me and the kids come in each afternoon. My morning walks with her have been going good too. She's usually quick about her business, lol. Smile I do want to get back around to being able to have a bowl of hot oatmeal for breakfast again (at home - I enjoy breakfast even more if I can have it at home before work) but if I would actually get my ass up when the alarm goes off, I think I can. So, not the dog's fault.

This was rambly. The smile part is that the dog is feeling better and I cannot believe the attachment I have made to her. I don't know who I am anymore. Hobo

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post