Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-09-2017, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2017 08:18 PM by Shai Hulud.)
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
They've figured out what the Voynich Manuscript is!! Sort of....after 100 years following its discovery, it turns out the text is... *drumroll* shorthand medical notations. They've managed to figure out some of the books it's been lifted from and identified some of the shorthand.

[Insert joke about doctor handwriting here.]

Still no exact translation, so right now, we're around this point:

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
09-09-2017, 10:30 PM
Midnight doing her guard-dog thing. She doesn't bark unless she hears people within close-ish range of the apartment but when she does, it's that loud, big-dog, get-the-fuck-outta-here bark. Hobo Tongue

Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
09-09-2017, 11:03 PM
My warm comforter from the dryer.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
10-09-2017, 02:22 PM
Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
My kitty wanting lap time. (Again.) [Image: 0fa62e96ab025ae982619c41fd92b938.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post
10-09-2017, 02:24 PM
(10-09-2017 02:22 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  My kitty wanting lap time. (Again.) [Image: 0fa62e96ab025ae982619c41fd92b938.jpg]

Aw Smile
11-09-2017, 12:00 AM
(10-09-2017 02:22 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  My kitty wanting lap time. (Again.) [Image: 0fa62e96ab025ae982619c41fd92b938.jpg]

Dat focus

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
11-09-2017, 12:14 PM
(11-09-2017 12:00 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Dat focus

That was the best I could get, but not bad. It was kind of dark, so my colors are all messed up. Confused
11-09-2017, 04:32 PM
I logged into my computer at work today to try to get some things done...it's painfully slow going but I want to get some things done. My connection dropped and I couldn't sign back on. I called my boss and he fixed the software issue from there.

He told me to take it easy and I told him that I had overdone it Saturday and am trying to be more careful. He asked if I needed him to disconnect me at 2:00. Big Grin I told him I would behave and would sign off myself.

I think I may go in for a couple hours tomorrow just to download some things. I can do a lot more faster there without going through so many gateways. Then I can work on stuff from home with direct connections.

Nice to know that he is worried about me and wants me to build up my stamina slowly. And, I don't think he wants me to die on his watch. Tongue

I am so bored that I decided to work.

(05-06-2017 04:14 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Are you as ugly as you post? ...
And you can come get my guns if you'd like to try. I'll take you to the range and give you three rounds headstart.
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
12-09-2017, 02:22 AM
(11-09-2017 12:14 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(11-09-2017 12:00 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Dat focus

That was the best I could get, but not bad. It was kind of dark, so my colors are all messed up. Confused

It was a compliment. Personally I love photos close up, darker, and in super sharp focus.

[Image: 1VPhcyg.jpg?1]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
12-09-2017, 02:45 AM
Watching the birds in the backyard. We have regulars - same time, every day.
[+] 1 user Likes Sushisnake's post