Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-09-2017, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2017 08:18 PM by Shai Hulud.)
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
They've figured out what the Voynich Manuscript is!! Sort of....after 100 years following its discovery, it turns out the text is... *drumroll* shorthand medical notations. They've managed to figure out some of the books it's been lifted from and identified some of the shorthand.

[Insert joke about doctor handwriting here.]

Still no exact translation, so right now, we're around this point:

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
09-09-2017, 10:30 PM
Midnight doing her guard-dog thing. She doesn't bark unless she hears people within close-ish range of the apartment but when she does, it's that loud, big-dog, get-the-fuck-outta-here bark. Hobo Tongue

Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
09-09-2017, 11:03 PM
My warm comforter from the dryer.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
10-09-2017, 02:22 PM
Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
My kitty wanting lap time. (Again.) [Image: 0fa62e96ab025ae982619c41fd92b938.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post
10-09-2017, 02:24 PM
(10-09-2017 02:22 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  My kitty wanting lap time. (Again.) [Image: 0fa62e96ab025ae982619c41fd92b938.jpg]

Aw Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
11-09-2017, 12:00 AM
(10-09-2017 02:22 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  My kitty wanting lap time. (Again.) [Image: 0fa62e96ab025ae982619c41fd92b938.jpg]

Dat focus

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
11-09-2017, 12:14 PM
(11-09-2017 12:00 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Dat focus

That was the best I could get, but not bad. It was kind of dark, so my colors are all messed up. Confused
11-09-2017, 04:32 PM
I logged into my computer at work today to try to get some things done...it's painfully slow going but I want to get some things done. My connection dropped and I couldn't sign back on. I called my boss and he fixed the software issue from there.

He told me to take it easy and I told him that I had overdone it Saturday and am trying to be more careful. He asked if I needed him to disconnect me at 2:00. Big Grin I told him I would behave and would sign off myself.

I think I may go in for a couple hours tomorrow just to download some things. I can do a lot more faster there without going through so many gateways. Then I can work on stuff from home with direct connections.

Nice to know that he is worried about me and wants me to build up my stamina slowly. And, I don't think he wants me to die on his watch. Tongue

I am so bored that I decided to work.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
12-09-2017, 02:22 AM
(11-09-2017 12:14 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(11-09-2017 12:00 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Dat focus

That was the best I could get, but not bad. It was kind of dark, so my colors are all messed up. Confused

It was a compliment. Personally I love photos close up, darker, and in super sharp focus.

[Image: 1VPhcyg.jpg?1]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
12-09-2017, 02:45 AM
Watching the birds in the backyard. We have regulars - same time, every day.
[+] 1 user Likes Sushisnake's post