Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
17-06-2018, 03:48 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(17-06-2018 03:12 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Mass here at my parents' was hilarious at the end. Father C. goes, "and we have donuts for dads today in the...erm...." looks around, "Sister M., where did we put the donuts?" She says something, he looks at the cantor, "Do you know?" cantor shakes head no, "Okay so we forgot to buy the donuts, so dads, next Sunday we're going to have Belated Father's Day Donuts..."

I was so proud of myself that I actually had the right week for Father's Day this year...usually I think it's a week earlier and panic because I haven't done anything yet.

We celebrated last night because my husband wanted to take a long bike ride today and my son has a double shift for his first official day of his summer job.

fudge is the only divinity that matters
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
17-06-2018, 09:37 PM
(17-06-2018 03:48 PM)julep Wrote:  
(17-06-2018 03:12 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Mass here at my parents' was hilarious at the end. Father C. goes, "and we have donuts for dads today in the...erm...." looks around, "Sister M., where did we put the donuts?" She says something, he looks at the cantor, "Do you know?" cantor shakes head no, "Okay so we forgot to buy the donuts, so dads, next Sunday we're going to have Belated Father's Day Donuts..."

I was so proud of myself that I actually had the right week for Father's Day this year...usually I think it's a week earlier and panic because I haven't done anything yet.

We celebrated last night because my husband wanted to take a long bike ride today and my son has a double shift for his first official day of his summer job.

Congrats on getting the right week! it sounds like it all went well last night Smile Though definitely good luck to your son on his first double at this summer job!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-06-2018, 10:10 PM
I've turned into my mom. Listening to Chris Isaak while doing the dishes. Only difference is, I can't sing worth a shit. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
17-06-2018, 10:13 PM
And now I listening to Portishead, 'cause I think I'm the only weirdo in this town who listens to Portishead. But their set at Roseland... Heart

21-06-2018, 02:57 PM
I'm perioding and the chocolate muffins I ordered from a bakery are going to be here two days early--meaning today Thumbsup woo hoo!!!! Banana_zorro
21-06-2018, 07:01 PM
If you Google "craigslist kansas city", then click "Free stuff", then click the add labeled "Donked El Camino", you'll see:

[Image: 1t0d1y.jpg]

"I be going to jail in two weeks. Dis whip has a blown motor. No pinky no reg. first cum first take it. My mama wants it out the yard."

Now I don't know the guy, nor do I generally applaud random 'I'm going to jail' announcements, but that made me laugh a little. Laugh out load

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post
21-06-2018, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2018 09:05 PM by Vera.)
Apparently there something deeply wrong with me. Or at the very least, my eyesight.

(Not the thing that makes me smile. Just an edit and an observation, is all)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-06-2018, 06:05 AM
little kittens
cat gifs
23-06-2018, 09:30 PM
Been practicing the piano fairly often of late and tonight reading the notes is getting a lot easier again! Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
24-06-2018, 09:30 AM
Nice morning - sitting out on porch having coffee.. The SO doing some light reading.

A male cardinal up in the tree doing his song -- toowwee tooweeee toweee towreee....

I did it back to him a dozen times - and he kept pausing... Then I lead him on it twice.. He flew down - to see who was competing - and I swear he gave me a dirty look...

He flew off - hasn't made a peep since.

Guess I fucked up his gig...

Big Grin

I'm a double atheist. I don't believe in your god or your politician.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post