[Image: dw50zm.jpg]

Dork! Dodgy Blush Laughat

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post
17-07-2018, 05:33 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
This story. Who's sniffling? I'm not sniffling Blush

On his first day of work at a location nearly 20 miles from his house, a young man in Alabama said he was left with one option to get there: Walk.

After Walter Carr’s car broke down, he was faced with the dilemma of how to get to his job site the next morning -- it was going to be his first day with Bellhops moving company. He decided to leave his house in Homewood at midnight, after sleeping for four hours, and begin the trek to the home of the family he was going to help move.

Along the way, Carr sat down because his legs were hurting and he was stopped by Officer Mark Knighten of Pelham Police Department, the department told ABC News. He told Knighten that he had eight to 10 miles left to go in the journey.

Officers Carl Perkinson and Klint Rhodes pulled up shortly after, the Pelham police added, and all three officers took the young man to breakfast.

He told the officers that he was determined to make the long journey to make it to his first day of work.

On Monday, he told reporters that he was grateful just to have had the job opportunity.

"This was the first job in a long time to give me an opportunity to get hired," he told AL.com.

"I wanted to show them I got the dedication. I said I'm going to get to this job one way or another.

[Image: _102568768_captur76oe.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
19-07-2018, 05:25 AM
The official drink of conversion camps and closeted GOP members. Seen in Taipei, Taiwan.

[Image: ZRNu9I.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
19-07-2018, 05:26 AM
Seeing this thread at the top of the list.

- Jim
19-07-2018, 08:09 AM
Conversation between me and the director of the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute concerning expanding the known range of a particular fish species.

Me: “I suppose this is why there so many religious nuts that say science can’t be trusted since it is always revising itself.”

Director: “I don’t think this info is quite that important…I haven’t heard from the Vatican about it, not yet anyway”

[Image: EM9rl6c.gif?zoom=2]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
19-07-2018, 11:16 AM
I was watching today's attempt at a Seth Andrews Livestream. There was some technical problems and it shut down.
Fun part was Seth read my comment out loud from the chat section.

It was small, insignificant and it made me smile.

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
[+] 2 users Like M. Linoge's post
19-07-2018, 03:08 PM
(17-07-2018 05:33 PM)Vera Wrote:  Who's sniffling? I'm not sniffling

Fuck me! I wish someone'd pay me $74,000 to get my car fixed.   Unsure

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
24-07-2018, 07:03 AM
A software update on my laptop failed with error number 666.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
25-07-2018, 07:57 PM
I got my car back from the shop! It'll be emotional when she finally goes the way of the car lot in the skies. I'm really attached to that damn thing. :'(

My back is feeling alright. When the car's gear shifter took a shit on us Saturday we had to stand around a while waiting for a tow and it stirred up my back issues. But we got a nifty heating pad belt thingy today. Felt my muscles getting tense as I sat on the couch, strapped the heating pad on and they relaxed. Big Grin

Also I got to thinking today about pain and wondered how people with chronic pain do it, and then I thought about how in some ways I like pain, and then my mind wandered to one of the TTA forum talk thingies that Rev was on and when he was talking about the concept of hell and pain there and said "There's nothing the human mind can't fetishize." Tongue

Brain is wandery today. Hobo

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post