Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
31-10-2013, 09:12 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(31-10-2013 08:57 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I really don't see the appeal.

Well I'm not sharing my candy with you then. Dodgy

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
31-10-2013, 09:19 PM
(31-10-2013 09:09 PM)kim Wrote:  

It's kind of like Mardi Gras for Americans.

A lot of it is about the mask; hiding behind it or... finally getting a chance to take it off. Wink

Americans are strange creatures indeed, I really don't get it.

(31-10-2013 09:12 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  

Well I'm not sharing my candy with you then. Dodgy

I don't like candy all that much, so it's not a loss to me.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
31-10-2013, 09:44 PM
(31-10-2013 08:27 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  ... having a shitload of fun once a year

That's the bit that I don't understand.

No

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
31-10-2013, 09:55 PM
(31-10-2013 09:44 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 08:27 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  ... having a shitload of fun once a year

That's the bit that I don't understand.

No

I have a shitload of fun all the time, don't get me wrong. But I can only have "Halloween fun" once a year.......because it only happens once a year.....is what I was trying to.......shut up.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
31-10-2013, 09:56 PM
(31-10-2013 09:19 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I don't like candy all that much, so it's not a loss to me.

You really didn't have a childhood, did you? Consider

~ Umberto Eco
31-10-2013, 09:58 PM
(31-10-2013 09:56 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 09:19 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I don't like candy all that much, so it's not a loss to me.

You really didn't have a childhood, did you? Consider

child... hood...?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
31-10-2013, 10:01 PM
(31-10-2013 09:58 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 09:56 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  You really didn't have a childhood, did you? Consider

child... hood...?

Frusty You're fucking with me now FT. Weeping

How about bacon? If everyone got a shitton of bacon would it be better?

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
31-10-2013, 10:19 PM
(31-10-2013 10:01 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 09:58 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  child... hood...?

Eeeewwwwwwww

Now I'm just imagining kids toting around bags filled with greasy drippy bacon
No
I definitely like candy better.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
31-10-2013, 11:16 PM
(31-10-2013 10:01 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 09:58 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  child... hood...?

Yeah, at the end, I was messing with you; of course I had a childhood, however, I was always a less-then-typical kid (I enjoyed dentist trips, hated candy, didn't speak until 3, first book I remember reading by myself read was a Doctor Who novel and fairly proficiently at that in Yr.3, enjoyed my quiet and was very mature (comparatively.) my father apparently feels a little guilty for me not being a 'normal' child and has said that he wished I was more kid-like when I was a kid.. But that's a story for never.

As for the Bacon... I dunno. Honestly, I only had my first bacon within memory a month or so back and kinda liked it... I'll just have a little, as opposed to a shitton.

[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
31-10-2013, 11:20 PM
(31-10-2013 11:16 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 10:01 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Frusty You're fucking with me now FT. Weeping

Yeah, at the end, I was messing with you; oh course I had a childhood, however, I was always a less-then-typical kid (I enjoyed dentist trips, hated candy, didn't speak until 3, first book I remember reading by myself read was a Doctor Who novel and fairly proficiently at that in Yr.3, enjoyed my quiet and was very mature (comparatively.) my father apparently feels a little guilty for me not being a 'normal' child and has said that he wished I was more kid-like when I was a kid.. But that's a story for never.

As for the Bacon... I dunno. Honestly, I only had my first bacon within memory a month or so back and kinda liked it... I'll just have a little, as opposed to a shitton.

Can I adopt you?

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post