Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
31-10-2013, 11:23 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
Wow - I didn't speak until 3, either! And then, it was a complete sentence. I never shut up after that, apparently. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
31-10-2013, 11:45 PM
(31-10-2013 11:20 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 11:16 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Yeah, at the end, I was messing with you; oh course I had a childhood, however, I was always a less-then-typical kid (I enjoyed dentist trips, hated candy, didn't speak until 3, first book I remember reading by myself read was a Doctor Who novel and fairly proficiently at that in Yr.3, enjoyed my quiet and was very mature (comparatively.) my father apparently feels a little guilty for me not being a 'normal' child and has said that he wished I was more kid-like when I was a kid.. But that's a story for never.

As for the Bacon... I dunno. Honestly, I only had my first bacon within memory a month or so back and kinda liked it... I'll just have a little, as opposed to a shitton.

Can I adopt you?

Why on Earth would you want to do that?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
31-10-2013, 11:52 PM
(31-10-2013 11:45 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 11:20 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Can I adopt you?

Why on Earth would you want to do that?

If you can't find any appeal to such a silly thing as Halloween, you have no soul.

Consider

Okay, well you don't have a soul. However, life is too fucking short and too fucking arbitrarily absurd to not be able to appreciate the humor in disrobing oneself from rationality and reason every great once in a while in order to engage in the absolute imagination.

Let's face it, imagination is what we are.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
31-10-2013, 11:58 PM
(31-10-2013 11:52 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 11:45 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Why on Earth would you want to do that?

If you can't find any appeal to such a silly thing as Halloween, you have no soul.

Consider

Okay, well you don't have a soul. However, life is too fucking short and too fucking arbitrarily absurd to not be able to appreciate the humor in disrobing oneself from rationality and reason every great once in a while in order to engage in the absolute imagination.

I'm not good with imagination, I barely have any at all thanks to my tendency to analyse what I see, hear and read (patterns, man). I am fine with barely-functioning escapist mechanisms.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-11-2013, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 12:04 AM by evenheathen.)
(31-10-2013 11:58 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 11:52 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  If you can't find any appeal to such a silly thing as Halloween, you have no soul.

Consider

I'm not good with imagination, I barely have any at all thanks to my tendency to analyse what I see, hear and read (patterns, man). I am fine with barely-functioning escapist mechanisms.

Can I adopt you?

(I can do wonderful imaginative shit with bacon, you'll love it I promise) Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
01-11-2013, 12:59 AM
(01-11-2013 12:00 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 11:58 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I'm not good with imagination, I barely have any at all thanks to my tendency to analyse what I see, hear and read (patterns, man). I am fine with barely-functioning escapist mechanisms.

Can I adopt you?

(I can do wonderful imaginative shit with bacon, you'll love it I promise) Tongue

I don't think you can adopt a person who is already under legal care by biological parents and besides, I can't see myself going to Fuck-Knows-Where, USA in the middle of my education.
However, I can see myself going to the US for a while; I will gladly take your money and perhaps bacon in such an instance... Angel

[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
01-11-2013, 06:03 AM
(31-10-2013 11:58 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 11:52 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  If you can't find any appeal to such a silly thing as Halloween, you have no soul.

Consider

Didn't speak until you were 3. Over-analytical. Lack of imagination. Tendency to take things literally (observed during Skype calls).

Let me guess...
Reclusive?
Not good at interpreting others' facial expressions and moods?
As a child, liked to arrange toys rather than play with them?
-->
Asperger's?

A future internationally renowned, nomadic, expert in best practice processes with a girl in every town/city because you will be good at listening and helping solve their problems?

Dodgy

01-11-2013, 06:38 AM
(31-10-2013 11:23 PM)kim Wrote:  Wow - I didn't speak until 3, either! And then, it was a complete sentence. I never shut up after that, apparently.

"Up until now everything has been satisfactory."

Not really a small thing, but it never fails to make me smile. Wish the English alphabet was at least 60 letters long Big Grin

@Mr. Woof: I think the dog is just fine Wink The man looks sad, though...

... the saddest thing is how much easier.. well, not easier, but less hard... it is not to give anything than it was when I was a child. Innocence's dying in so many ways Undecided

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
01-11-2013, 06:52 AM
Proper fucked before ze germans get there.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
01-11-2013, 07:21 AM
(01-11-2013 06:03 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 11:58 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I'm not good with imagination, I barely have any at all thanks to my tendency to analyse what I see, hear and read (patterns, man). I am fine with barely-functioning escapist mechanisms.

Didn't speak until you were 3. Over-analytical. Lack of imagination. Tendency to take things literally (observed during Skype calls).

Let me guess...
Reclusive?
Not good at interpreting others' facial expressions and moods?
As a child, liked to arrange toys rather than play with them?
-->
Asperger's?

Asperger's was suspected by a psych that tested me at the behest of my school in Yr. 8 but that possibility was never followed up (as a note, the psych did conclude I had 'dyscalculia' though).

(01-11-2013 06:03 AM)DLJ Wrote:  A future internationally renowned, nomadic, expert in best practice processes with a girl in every town/city because you will be good at listening and helping solve their problems?

Dodgy

I don't know about that one, I'd rather be left alone to my own devices than listen to people and their problems, let alone solving them...