Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4 Average
04-10-2012, 08:15 AM
Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
This is a thread for people to post all those little day to day moments that make them stop and smile. Hopefully people will be able to share their smiles with everyone else.

I'm working my way through my Friends extended edition DVD box-set and yesterday I watched the episode where Monica and Chandler get engaged. I love that episode and it really makes me smile.

Another thing that made me smile happened a few months ago at the school where I work. Me and one of the girls were talking about what we'd do if we ruled the world. In addition to usual stuff you'd expect to hear from a child about what they'd do if they ruled the world this girl said she'd abolish religion. I'm not in favour of forcibly making people discard their beliefs but the fact that someone so young can see religion for the scourge on humanity it is really made me smile. Just to clarify there was no prompting from me, she doesn't even know I'm an atheist.

Finally, this link posted by FSM_scot in one of my threads a few weeks ago really made me smile.

Anyone else got anything?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Hughsie's post
04-10-2012, 09:22 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
I'm wondering who will be first to do a knob gag.

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
04-10-2012, 09:28 AM
(04-10-2012 09:22 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm wondering who will be first to do a knob gag.

Probably someone who normally equates the words 'small' and 'knob'.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
04-10-2012, 09:47 AM
(04-10-2012 09:28 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  Probably someone who normally equates the words 'small' and 'knob'.

I look forward to finding out who that will be.

04-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Aw, where is Observer with the positive atheism award? Good idea!

I'll add one for now.

Here it is autumn and I always get kind of anxious during autumn. I become apprehensive about the long dark winter approaching, and I've had bad experiences with things in the autumn (people getting sick or passing away). But, when the leaves turn colours and the air is crisp and I put on a sweater and go for a walk and it's so fresh and beautiful and cozy I can't help but feel good. I think it's a good reminder to sometimes embrace the change instead of fighting it.
[+] 6 users Like LadyJane's post
04-10-2012, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2012 11:23 AM by legendoflink.)
Things that have made me smile today:

1) I dressed up as the social networking site, Tumblr, today for Character day. While I was walking in the hallway this girl came up to me and asked for a hug. She hugged me and the proceeded to skip down the hall smiling.

2) Hughsie, as always, had made me smile through his encouraging words. Also, the thought of us Skyping tomorrow has me SUPER excited.

3) My daddy, Stark, is a sweetheart to me.

4) And I held a 10 minute conversation with a 40-year old man today.. about tea.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes legendoflink's post
04-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Micheal Jackson's greatest hits make me smile everytime! .. and dance in the truck.. almost made traffic bareable this morning.. Big Grin

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
04-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Supposed to 55 here for a high Saturday...I love the fall of the year! Can't wait for it to get here and stay a while. Then I know that Halloween is right around the corner and I need to start digging out all the decor.

Being met at the door by three tail-wagging pups that are so thirlled I am home makes me smile.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
04-10-2012, 11:49 AM
I am content.

For some that might be a "big thing" but for me, it is just a small thing.

Though, the thing that really makes me smile is... maybe, if I were not so content, I might choose to change things and then, I'd be even more content.

So... the small thing that makes me smile: I really have not gotten my shit together.
Actually, it almost makes me laugh. Wink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
04-10-2012, 12:05 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2012 04:01 PM by Bucky Ball.)
My friend Mark's 7 year old. She's blond and has a pony tail, and an impish smile. She also is "content", (as am I, BTW). Just amazing for a 7 year old. (Well, she's stunningly gorgeous, but she doesn't "get" that yet), but she just sits at supper with her impish, mischievous smile, like "hmm, how can I bug my older 'oh so serious' sister" tonight ? That makes me smile. Tongue

GREAT thread idea, BTW !

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Quotes Taken Out of Context Thread Tartarus Sauce 676 13,440 19-07-2014 05:53 PM
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  Why was today a good day thread Hughsie 570 13,172 19-07-2014 04:31 AM
Last Post: Free Thought
  Funny/Random Picture and Video Thread! Im_Ryan 334 6,310 13-07-2014 10:53 AM
Last Post: JDog554
  Another cat thread for Tartarus Ferdinand 124 3,096 30-06-2014 09:27 PM
Last Post: TheGulegon
  Things that you hate. Metazoa Zeke 44 436 30-06-2014 07:34 PM
Last Post: Ferdinand
  The moderator power abuse thread DeepThought 83 1,773 23-06-2014 09:38 AM
Last Post: WitchSabrina
  Official Cannabis Thread Stark Raving 942 34,103 20-06-2014 12:17 PM