Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.4 Average
Yesterday, 07:20 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(Yesterday 07:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(Yesterday 07:10 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Cool. Unfortunately, most good deeds go unrewarded.

It's awesome that a group like that exists to make sure the animals are looked after. But at the same time, their existence is kinda depressing...

It really isn't depressing. They have huge enclosures and pools. Toys and play time to interact with the crew. When you go there in person you realize that it's not a depressing place at all but the best possible solution to someone else's poor decision.

It's depressing to me because they represent a necessity which really should not be.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Yesterday, 07:36 PM
(Yesterday 07:20 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(Yesterday 07:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It really isn't depressing. They have huge enclosures and pools. Toys and play time to interact with the crew. When you go there in person you realize that it's not a depressing place at all but the best possible solution to someone else's poor decision.

It's depressing to me because they represent a necessity which really should not be.

I get that...it's not that much different from all the animals in shelters because people are too stupid to have them fixed or they get a pet and don't follow through on the commitment. Three of our critters are rescues.

Businesses around here donate all kinds of stuff for the cats...one pizza place gives tons of boxes that the crew puts catnip on and other things - like coffee grounds and cinnamon - which they seem to love. They get phone books to tear up, have balls and kids playground equipment. They have a wish list on Amazon where people can buy things like vitamins for the cats and lots of other stuff.

It really is a community effort around here with people donating their time, supplies, and skill on weekends to build and repair enclosures. They hold camp outs with the cats, Easter Egg hunts, and other activities during the year to get people interested and involved as well as educated as to what happens to many exotic animals who are obtained by people unqualified to care for them. They rescue cats from all over the US.

I’m not anti-social. I’m pro-solitude. ~Author Unknown
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
Yesterday, 07:46 PM
(Yesterday 07:14 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(Yesterday 07:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  We have two little black squirrels I feed peanuts to, on the way out the door in the morning. Today they brought their new tiny baby (also jet black) out to show me. Then I see we have a new albino squirrel too. Maybe they'll make striped squirrels ? Rolleyes

are you sure its albino? There are white squirrels in Hendersonville, NC and I think a few other places.

sweet they were letting you meet the baby.

Yeah I think I've seen a white one too. But this one has pink eyes.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist & Levitating Yogi
Sent by Jebus to put the stud back in Bible Study.
Yesterday, 08:55 PM
(Yesterday 07:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(Yesterday 07:20 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  It's depressing to me because they represent a necessity which really should not be.

They get phone books to tear up,

To be fair, what other uses exist for phone books these days?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Yesterday, 08:57 PM
(Yesterday 08:55 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(Yesterday 07:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  They get phone books to tear up,

To be fair, what other uses exist for phone books these days?

I think that's why they get so many. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
Today, 05:52 AM
I have to work today but I will be the only one in the executive area. Everyone else took the day off. I can enjoy the peace and quiet and get stuff done without interruption. Big Grin

The owner might show up but he won't stay long if he does.

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
Today, 09:06 AM
(Today 05:52 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I have to work today but I will be the only one in the executive area. Everyone else took the day off. I can enjoy the peace and quiet and get stuff done without interruption. Big Grin

The owner might show up but he won't stay long if he does.

I wasn't expecting to see you write about work in this thread. Big Grin

"The confidence displayed by idiots is staggering."
Today, 09:25 AM
Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
Running errands with a cute girl in the car. Oh, the cute girl is my ex's sister.

Boy, entropy ain't what it used to be.
Hermeneutics and apologetics are like autotune for the theist mind. Sure, you can change it to match something, but it stills sound like shit.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
Today, 10:21 AM
(Today 09:25 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  Running errands with a cute girl in the car. Oh, the cute girl is my ex's sister.

You should have sex with her.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Today, 10:43 AM
(Today 10:21 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(Today 09:25 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  Running errands with a cute girl in the car. Oh, the cute girl is my ex's sister.

You should have sex with her.
Long story but no. Smile

Boy, entropy ain't what it used to be.
Hermeneutics and apologetics are like autotune for the theist mind. Sure, you can change it to match something, but it stills sound like shit.