Ultra vain Superstars
Being placed on hold.
[Show Results]

Small annoying Things.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2014, 09:58 PM
RE: Small annoying Things.
I don't let much get to me, but I can't help but be extremely annoyed when the headline for the day is "Breaking News: Miley Cyrus does another embarrassing dance!" and then a bunch of people being killed makes a 4 by 4 inch box on the 5th page.

Another thing which annoys me too actually on that note; nobody has ever bothered to bind newspapers in any way so they just fall to pieces if you don't hold them absolutely correctly.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2014, 10:03 PM
(18-10-2014 09:58 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I don't let much get to me, but I can't help but be extremely annoyed when the headline for the day is "Breaking News: Miley Cyrus does another embarrassing dance!" and then a bunch of people being killed makes a 4 by 4 inch box on the 5th page.

Another thing which annoys me too actually on that note; nobody has ever bothered to bind newspapers in any way so they just fall to pieces if you don't hold them absolutely correctly.

There's a reason they do that.
18-10-2014, 10:17 PM
(18-10-2014 10:03 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(18-10-2014 09:58 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I don't let much get to me, but I can't help but be extremely annoyed when the headline for the day is "Breaking News: Miley Cyrus does another embarrassing dance!" and then a bunch of people being killed makes a 4 by 4 inch box on the 5th page.

There's a reason they do that.

Aye, it's so they can be used for other things without little staples ruining things, but I don't know why they haven't come up with a method using technology that won't scratch your windows, like the glue they use in notebooks or something.

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
18-10-2014, 10:19 PM
(18-10-2014 09:45 PM)small and annoying Wrote:  At least I'm not large and annoying, like Hughsie. Drinking Beverage

He reminds me of a scrotal itch that just wont go away. Angel

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
18-10-2014, 10:28 PM
(18-10-2014 10:17 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  
(18-10-2014 10:03 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  There's a reason they do that.

Aye, it's so they can be used for other things without little staples ruining things, but I don't know why they haven't come up with a method using technology that won't scratch your windows, like the glue they use in notebooks or something.
I don't know the official reasons but think of this. Have you or anyone in your family wanted to read a particular section of the paper while someone else wants to read another? You can't do that if it was bound. That alone is such a common practice to justify it, plus its faster and cheaper to print that way. Learn to hold a paper, it ain't changing.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
18-10-2014, 11:07 PM
(18-10-2014 10:28 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(18-10-2014 10:17 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Aye, it's so they can be used for other things without little staples ruining things, but I don't know why they haven't come up with a method using technology that won't scratch your windows, like the glue they use in notebooks or something.
I don't know the official reasons but think of this. Have you or anyone in your family wanted to read a particular section of the paper while someone else wants to read another? You can't do that if it was bound. That alone is such a common practice to justify it, plus its faster and cheaper to print that way. Learn to hold a paper, it ain't changing.

I always assumed that it was so the paper could be put to good use without anything getting in the way. Here it's used for wrapping up fast food, cleaning things up and for lining areas to stop them getting messy.
It wasn't so bad before they started hiding tiny books and coupons in the newspapers, now if you stand up with it you get a kilogramme of stuff flying out all over the room Tongue

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
18-10-2014, 11:22 PM
(18-10-2014 11:07 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  
(18-10-2014 10:28 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  I don't know the official reasons but think of this. Have you or anyone in your family wanted to read a particular section of the paper while someone else wants to read another? You can't do that if it was bound. That alone is such a common practice to justify it, plus its faster and cheaper to print that way. Learn to hold a paper, it ain't changing.

I always assumed that it was so the paper could be put to good use without anything getting in the way. Here it's used for wrapping up fast food, cleaning things up and for lining areas to stop them getting messy.
It wasn't so bad before they started hiding tiny books and coupons in the newspapers, now if you stand up with it you get a kilogramme of stuff flying out all over the room Tongue
Don't forget paper mache!

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
19-10-2014, 03:12 PM
I voted road rage; I was responding worse than the ragers and it was becoming dangerous.
Had to learn to back right off.
19-10-2014, 09:32 PM
(18-10-2014 10:19 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(18-10-2014 09:45 PM)small and annoying Wrote:  At least I'm not large and annoying, like Hughsie. Drinking Beverage

He reminds me of a scrotal itch that just wont go away. Angel

I sense a great friendship in the midst. You've just got to let it happen.
19-10-2014, 09:40 PM
People complaining about forum Rep... Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post