Small suggestions that don't deserve their own thread.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2014, 01:22 PM
Small suggestions that don't deserve their own thread.
I didn't see a general suggestion thread for small suggestions that don't really need a dedicated thread. So I'm making this. Will it get used? Who knows.

My idea is for this to mainly be for suggestions that you aren't passionate about, or don't want to fight over.

Exclamation

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2014, 01:27 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2014 01:34 PM by Adrianime.)
RE: Small suggestions that don't deserve their own thread.
Exclamation Suggestion: On the user profile page, I would find it helpful if there was a "Find all Threads posted in" link.

For example we can add it to the "Total Posts" sublist of links, which currently has: (Find All ThreadsFind All Posts).
Possibly change this to: (Find All Threads CreatedFind all Threads Posted InFind All Posts).

Not a biggie, just a suggestion.

[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
03-01-2014, 01:27 PM
Not a horrible idea.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

03-01-2014, 01:45 PM
I would like a button next to each thread that leads to my last post in the thread.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
03-01-2014, 01:53 PM
Is there any way to list other stats on the member list page...such as, reps, likes received, etc.

Maybe a filter to filter out things like banned and unregistered members...it would make it easier to look through.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
03-01-2014, 04:18 PM
(03-01-2014 01:27 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Exclamation Suggestion: On the user profile page, I would find it helpful if there was a "Find all Threads posted in" link.

For example we can add it to the "Total Posts" sublist of links, which currently has: (Find All ThreadsFind All Posts).
Possibly change this to: (Find All Threads CreatedFind all Threads Posted InFind All Posts).

Not a biggie, just a suggestion.

There is a similar function. From your profile, click "find all posts". From there it should be fairly simple to find the threads you've posted in as it is listed on the left side of the screen.

Not that I am opposed to your idea - I just think it would be a huge hassle to add that feature. To accomplish that, I think we'd have to figure out how to code the math of that function, backup the server (just in case), modify the code, and test. And the gain would be minimal. That's my take anyway.

03-01-2014, 04:42 PM
(03-01-2014 01:45 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  I would like a button next to each thread that leads to my last post in the thread.

If you click the little green arrow next to a thread you've viewed, or commented in, it will take you to the the newest stuff in the thread you haven't seen yet. Unless you specifically want one for YOUR last post in a thread, ignore my advice Tongue
03-01-2014, 04:45 PM
I would love to either have more mobile features or maybe even an app Smile

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
03-01-2014, 04:49 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2014 04:59 PM by Adrianime.)
(03-01-2014 04:18 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  There is a similar function. From your profile, click "find all posts". From there it should be fairly simple to find the threads you've posted in as it is listed on the left side of the screen.

Not that I am opposed to your idea - I just think it would be a huge hassle to add that feature. To accomplish that, I think we'd have to figure out how to code the math of that function, backup the server (just in case), modify the code, and test. And the gain would be minimal. That's my take anyway.
Thanks for the feedback! My reasoning is that looking through hundreds of posts is not an efficient way to deduce all threads posted in. And, depending on how the DB is set up, the logic behind it should be similar to the "Find All Threads Liked For" query. If "liked" is a column used in the "where" clause for that query, it would be that same identical query less that portion of the "where" clause. Or perhaps just not joining to the liked table (guessing at structure). But it totally depends on how your MySQL DBs are layed out.

But like I said, it's no necessity, just something I've noticed myself wishing I had multiple times. If it is too much trouble to implement, I'm not gunna fight for it Tongue haha.

03-01-2014, 04:50 PM
(03-01-2014 04:45 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I would love to either have more mobile features or maybe even an app Smile

Personally, I don't use the mobile version of the site, even when viewing the forum from my mobile. That way you get all the features. You have to change your settings in User CP for that.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post