Small suggestions that don't deserve their own thread.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2014, 04:50 PM
RE: Small suggestions that don't deserve their own thread.
(03-01-2014 01:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Is there any way to list other stats on the member list page...such as, reps, likes received, etc.

Maybe a filter to filter out things like banned and unregistered members...it would make it easier to look through.
I didn't even know we had a members list page Tongue

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2014, 05:01 PM
A bigger shoutbox.in some Mafia games i have to delete pms like crazy

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
03-01-2014, 05:22 PM
(03-01-2014 01:27 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Exclamation Suggestion: On the user profile page, I would find it helpful if there was a "Find all Threads posted in" link.

For example we can add it to the "Total Posts" sublist of links, which currently has: (Find All ThreadsFind All Posts).
Possibly change this to: (Find All Threads CreatedFind all Threads Posted InFind All Posts).

Not a biggie, just a suggestion.
Tapatalk has that feature. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
03-01-2014, 05:23 PM
(03-01-2014 04:49 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 04:18 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  There is a similar function. From your profile, click "find all posts". From there it should be fairly simple to find the threads you've posted in as it is listed on the left side of the screen.

Not that I am opposed to your idea - I just think it would be a huge hassle to add that feature. To accomplish that, I think we'd have to figure out how to code the math of that function, backup the server (just in case), modify the code, and test. And the gain would be minimal. That's my take anyway.
Thanks for the feedback! My reasoning is that looking through hundreds of posts is not an efficient way to deduce all threads posted in. And, depending on how the DB is set up, the logic behind it should be similar to the "Find All Threads Liked For" query. If "liked" is a column used in the "where" clause for that query, it would be that same identical query less that portion of the "where" clause. Or perhaps just not joining to the liked table (guessing at structure). But it totally depends on how your MySQL DBs are layed out.

But like I said, it's no necessity, just something I've noticed myself wishing I had multiple times. If it is too much trouble to implement, I'm not gunna fight for it Tongue haha.
Do you have your settings to automatically subscribe you to a thread you've posted in? If so, when you click on User CP, there should be a section that shows new posts in your subscribed threads. Then, you can click "view all subscriptions" and you get a full list.

Downside, if there aren't any recent posts in your subscribed threads, the section seems to disappear.
03-01-2014, 05:26 PM
(03-01-2014 04:50 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 04:45 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I would love to either have more mobile features or maybe even an app Smile

Personally, I don't use the mobile version of the site, even when viewing the forum from my mobile. That way you get all the features. You have to change your settings in User CP for that.

Yea but then it's so little. And some things like uploading photos from mobile only work on the mobile version. On the full site you have to use photobucket yuck
03-01-2014, 05:28 PM
(03-01-2014 05:01 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  A bigger shoutbox.in some Mafia games i have to delete pms like crazy

There are mafia games here?
03-01-2014, 05:31 PM
(03-01-2014 05:28 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 05:01 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  A bigger shoutbox.in some Mafia games i have to delete pms like crazy

Yes. One will be starting soon...

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

03-01-2014, 05:34 PM
(03-01-2014 05:28 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  

Blink where you been girl? Sign up for Dune, quick! THere might still be time
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-XXII-Dune
03-01-2014, 07:09 PM

Do you mean a bigger inbox for private messages? Contributing members get a larger inbox.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
09-01-2014, 07:09 PM
It'd be nice if there were an option to display your skype username in the 'contact details' section of your user profile. Consider
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post