Small things that make me cry.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2014, 12:49 PM
Small things that make me cry.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-09-2014, 04:18 PM
RE: Small things that make me cry.
(28-09-2014 12:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Just sat with my wife, we watched it together, and cried together...her mom is on the next to last stage of Alzheimer's... breaks our heart, her mom and her talk on the phone for hours every day...dont know what she will do when her mom no longer knows who she is, or when she is gone...dying a slow physical death is horrific, dying slowly not knowing who you or anyone else is around you is horrific for your loved ones..Thanks for sharing this video.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
28-09-2014, 06:21 PM
I just went to visit my great grandmother today. She is going to be observed/tested for Alzheimer's tomorrow. She has been staying with one of her daughters, but it's been a tough thing. We went to her old house where we'd gone every summer during my childhood, where my great grand daddy had spent his last days. Being in that house brought tears to my eyes, and knowing it might be the last time I see my grandmama has been weighing heavy on me this evening. *sigh*

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
28-09-2014, 06:34 PM
(28-09-2014 04:18 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(28-09-2014 12:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Just sat with my wife, we watched it together, and cried together...her mom is on the next to last stage of Alzheimer's... breaks our heart, her mom and her talk on the phone for hours every day...dont know what she will do when her mom no longer knows who she is, or when she is gone...dying a slow physical death is horrific, dying slowly not knowing who you or anyone else is around you is horrific for your loved ones..Thanks for sharing this video.

It's horrific for the patient too, they have completely lucid moments for a very long time and know exactly how miserable their life has become.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-09-2014, 07:54 PM
(28-09-2014 06:34 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(28-09-2014 04:18 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Just sat with my wife, we watched it together, and cried together...her mom is on the next to last stage of Alzheimer's... breaks our heart, her mom and her talk on the phone for hours every day...dont know what she will do when her mom no longer knows who she is, or when she is gone...dying a slow physical death is horrific, dying slowly not knowing who you or anyone else is around you is horrific for your loved ones..Thanks for sharing this video.

It's horrific for the patient too, they have completely lucid moments for a very long time and know exactly how miserable their life has become.

ya my memory already sux and I dont have it, at least i dont think, strokes and Alz runs in my wifes family, and that worries me to no end though.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)