Small things that make you frown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2017, 06:38 PM
RE: Small things that make you frown
So yeah, a local church back home provided meals for each of the teachers this week in the elementary school my mom is long term substituting at in her retirement. They did it for National Teacher Appreciation Week, and while she and her coworkers are thrilled, I'm more of the "this doesn't sit well with me" line of thought.

(05-05-2017 02:31 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(05-05-2017 02:21 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Oh no Sad What happened? *hugs*

Just... I've kinda kept quiet about it but I've been in a relationship for the past little while - quite a long while really - and it's kinda... ending. Maybe.

I'm sorry man Hug

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
06-05-2017, 02:37 AM
(05-05-2017 06:38 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  So yeah, a local church back home provided meals for each of the teachers this week in the elementary school my mom is long term substituting at in her retirement. They did it for National Teacher Appreciation Week, and while she and her coworkers are thrilled, I'm more of the "this doesn't sit well with me" line of thought.

Don't put a gift pie in the mouth so to speak?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
06-05-2017, 09:11 AM
(06-05-2017 02:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(05-05-2017 06:38 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  So yeah, a local church back home provided meals for each of the teachers this week in the elementary school my mom is long term substituting at in her retirement. They did it for National Teacher Appreciation Week, and while she and her coworkers are thrilled, I'm more of the "this doesn't sit well with me" line of thought.

Don't put a gift pie in the mouth so to speak?

You're right. It just seems to smack of ingratiating for another purpose, at least to me. Like apparently two of the church's members are going to become "volunteer aides" next year. I'm probably just reading too much into it because one of the books I'm juggling right now is about the Good News Club and how they infiltrate America's schools slowly and then try to indoctrinate kids with their version of Evangelical Christianity (Catholics, Methodists, Mormons, Presbyterians, Episcopalians, Lutherans, etc. need not apply...in fact they brag about how they try to convert Hispanic kids away from Catholicism and how to lie to their parents about it).

06-05-2017, 03:39 PM
So in the small things that make you smile thread I wrote about how I treated myself to some fresh flowers.

They make me sneeze!

*just can't fucking win*

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-05-2017, 10:41 PM
Okay, finals are over. I have nothing to do.

... I'm bored out of my mind.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
06-05-2017, 10:48 PM
(06-05-2017 10:41 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Okay, finals are over. I have nothing to do.

Go to a......bird convention.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
07-05-2017, 12:48 PM
Having a small crisis. I don't know what I want to do now. Hobo

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
08-05-2017, 12:00 AM

Hang out at the forum Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
08-05-2017, 06:23 AM
(08-05-2017 12:00 AM)morondog Wrote:  

Hang out at the forum Smile

Or she can come up here and give my Finals this week...the thought of grading them all makes me frown.

[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
08-05-2017, 08:14 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2017 09:29 AM by Vera.)
"If we only accepted to be humble enough to simply relearn the old ways...and relearn the wisdom of being one with our planet" - on a freaking science site of all freaking places! Censored What old ways? The ways of spending three hours grinding the flour for a single loaf of bread? The ways of dying after you pricked your finger on a rose thorn? The ways of dragging a woman by the hair to your cave? The ways of dying in childbirth at 13?

Our planet isn't some paradisiacal place endowed with magic and deep hidden meaning that we only have to listen very carefulyl and "commune" with animals and plants, and fungi, and mould in order to be enlightened and transformed, and transcend our "unhumble" crappy humanity. Our planet is staggeringly beautiful and staggeringly cruel and life is a desperate fight for survival, where everything wants to kill and/or to avoid being killed, so that it can survive long enough to pass on its genes. That's ALL there is to it.

Jesus fuck! Censored

Yo, moron - that was brilliant, btw Thumbsup

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post