Small things that make you frown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2017, 07:08 AM
RE: Small things that make you frown
(12-05-2017 07:04 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Atheist philosophy prof friend (who refuses to watch God's Not Dead)

Wow, wonder what's wrong with him? What a psycho Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-05-2017, 07:11 AM
(12-05-2017 07:08 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-05-2017 07:04 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Atheist philosophy prof friend (who refuses to watch God's Not Dead)

I know right? I need to figure out why he hates God. Tongue Can't be dead mom like Sorbo's character, his Quaker mother is very much alive (and has a great sense of humor).

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-05-2017, 07:27 AM
(12-05-2017 07:08 AM)morondog Wrote:  

Is G-'ds not dead from the chrisitan viewpoint or the atuheist viewpoint?

I could google this my self, but I haven't have my coofffee yet, and I'm too fuzzy-headed to type stright and too tyired to even fix the typos resulting from my non-cafeinted, sleep deprived mind. Dodgy

Waht is this book?
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
12-05-2017, 07:29 AM
(12-05-2017 07:27 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(12-05-2017 07:08 AM)morondog Wrote:  Wow, wonder what's wrong with him? What a psycho Tongue

Is G-'ds not dead from the chrisitan viewpoint or the atuheist viewpoint?

I could google this my self, but I haven't have my coofffee yet, and I'm too fuzzy-headed to type stright and too tyired to even fix the typos resulting from my non-cafeinted, sleep deprived mind. Dodgy

Waht is this book?

Even watching the trailer made me wanna vom. It's the shittest of shitty movies ever shat out by Christian film-makers. Also, 50 points for most defensive title ever Tongue

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
12-05-2017, 07:43 AM
It's a movie that is, as morondog said, pretty shitty. That said, if we go by technical details, it's wonderfully shot and edited compared to most Christian cinema. It's from the Christian viewpoint, with a Christian student Josh Wheaton standing up against his evil atheist philosophy prof who demands that everyone write "God is dead" on a sheet of paper, and when Josh won't, it becomes a debate for the souls of the students. There's also a ton of subplots ranging from two pastors trying to go to Disney but their car keeps dying, an atheist liberal blogger that gets cancer for being an atheist, a girlfriend who exists only to deliver exposition and dump Josh, a Chinese kid who calls home to his dad and one is speaking Cantonese and one is speaking Mandarin, and who can forget the Muslim girl who is beaten by her father for being a secret Christian and then bodily thrown from her house by him in a fit of rage? In the end, Josh manages to prove God's not Dead to the class, the Newsboys perform, there's some Duck Dynasty cameos, and Kevin Sorbo admits he hates God, but once he's hit by a car being driven by evil atheist Dean Cain, accepts Christ right before he dies with his lungs filled with blood, causing an African preacher to say, "Today is a good day." (I did NOT hit every subplot in that run on description.)

[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
12-05-2017, 07:51 AM
(12-05-2017 07:43 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  It's a movie that is, as morondog said, pretty shitty. That said, if we go by technical details, it's wonderfully shot and edited compared to most Christian cinema. It's from the Christian viewpoint, with a Christian student Josh Wheaton standing up against his evil atheist philosophy prof who demands that everyone write "God is dead" on a sheet of paper, and when Josh won't, it becomes a debate for the souls of the students. There's also a ton of subplots ranging from two pastors trying to go to Disney but their car keeps dying, an atheist liberal blogger that gets cancer for being an atheist, a girlfriend who exists only to deliver exposition and dump Josh, a Chinese kid who calls home to his dad and one is speaking Cantonese and one is speaking Mandarin, and who can forget the Muslim girl who is beaten by her father for being a secret Christian and then bodily thrown from her house by him in a fit of rage? In the end, Josh manages to prove God's not Dead to the class, the Newsboys perform, there's some Duck Dynasty cameos, and Kevin Sorbo admits he hates God, but once he's hit by a car being driven by evil atheist Dean Cain, accepts Christ right before he dies with his lungs filled with blood, causing an African preacher to say, "Today is a good day." (I did NOT hit every subplot in that run on description.)

Pity the poor bastards who're about to snuff it in the US. There's probably armies of fresh faced young missionaries desperate to ensure their last moments are spend praising Jesus. I'd rather spend it fucking the missionary*.

*Offer is dependent on gender.

[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
12-05-2017, 08:04 AM
(12-05-2017 07:43 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  It's a movie that is, as morondog said, pretty shitty. That said, if we go by technical details, it's wonderfully shot and edited compared to most Christian cinema. It's from the Christian viewpoint, with a Christian student Josh Wheaton standing up against his evil atheist philosophy prof who demands that everyone write "God is dead" on a sheet of paper, and when Josh won't, it becomes a debate for the souls of the students. There's also a ton of subplots ranging from two pastors trying to go to Disney but their car keeps dying, an atheist liberal blogger that gets cancer for being an atheist, a girlfriend who exists only to deliver exposition and dump Josh, a Chinese kid who calls home to his dad and one is speaking Cantonese and one is speaking Mandarin, and who can forget the Muslim girl who is beaten by her father for being a secret Christian and then bodily thrown from her house by him in a fit of rage? In the end, Josh manages to prove God's not Dead to the class, the Newsboys perform, there's some Duck Dynasty cameos, and Kevin Sorbo admits he hates God, but once he's hit by a car being driven by evil atheist Dean Cain, accepts Christ right before he dies with his lungs filled with blood, causing an African preacher to say, "Today is a good day." (I did NOT hit every subplot in that run on description.)

.... so culturally biased.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
12-05-2017, 11:23 AM
Three emails in a row along the lines of "Why do I have a zero for my attendance?!" Answer: Because I just made the grade item and haven't calculated the grades yet, which I enter all at the same time, and then hit Save.

12-05-2017, 01:14 PM
(12-05-2017 11:23 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Three emails in a row along the lines of "Why do I have a zero for my attendance?!" Answer: Because I just made the grade item and haven't calculated the grades yet, which I enter all at the same time, and then hit Save.

If you have people asking you that a lot maybe mention it during class in future semesters? The explanation doesn't sound particularly obvious to me and I can understand panicking when you see something like that.

You'd probably still get some e-mails from people not paying attention, but it might lower the number.

Unless, of course, you already do that and that's part of why it makes you frown.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 2 users Like CleverUsername's post
12-05-2017, 02:04 PM
(12-05-2017 01:14 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(12-05-2017 11:23 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Three emails in a row along the lines of "Why do I have a zero for my attendance?!" Answer: Because I just made the grade item and haven't calculated the grades yet, which I enter all at the same time, and then hit Save.

If you have people asking you that a lot maybe mention it during class in future semesters? The explanation doesn't sound particularly obvious to me and I can understand panicking when you see something like that.

You'd probably still get some e-mails from people not paying attention, but it might lower the number.

Unless, of course, you already do that and that's part of why it makes you frown.

Yup, already do that and part of why it makes me frown. Sad

Sort of like all the people who emailed and called asking when Finals were. Mentioned the times twice in the Syllabus, it was on their course schedule online through the university, mentioned it and put it on the board each day of class for the two weeks prior to the Finals, and had it as a News item on our online learning platform.

[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post