Small things that make you frown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2017, 02:18 PM
RE: Small things that make you frown
"I'm leaving boo-hoo, talk me out of it cause my feelz were hurt even though I was being a jackass" threads. In the FUCKING support section.

[Image: JT-cry-me-a-river-GIF.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
12-05-2017, 03:23 PM
(12-05-2017 02:18 PM)Vera Wrote:  "I'm leaving boo-hoo, talk me out of it cause my feelz were hurt even though I was being a jackass" threads. In the FUCKING support section.

[Image: JT-cry-me-a-river-GIF.gif]

Laugh out load Remind me to never piss you off! Laugh out load
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
12-05-2017, 03:44 PM
Hehe, Fireball, I've always found most "I'm leaving" threads unbelievably pathetic and manipulative, regardless of who the OP is (doesn't include people just letting us know they'll be busy or they're going through a difficult time in their real lives and things like this. But threads made with sole purpose of boo-hooing because your precious feelz were hurt (through at least SOME fault of yours) are pitiful. Wahwah, make me stay.)

[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]

(I think this might be from The Fall and I loved this show.)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
12-05-2017, 04:15 PM
(12-05-2017 07:43 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  It's a movie that is, as morondog said, pretty shitty. That said, if we go by technical details, it's wonderfully shot and edited compared to most Christian cinema. It's from the Christian viewpoint, with a Christian student Josh Wheaton standing up against his evil atheist philosophy prof who demands that everyone write "God is dead" on a sheet of paper, and when Josh won't, it becomes a debate for the souls of the students. There's also a ton of subplots ranging from two pastors trying to go to Disney but their car keeps dying, an atheist liberal blogger that gets cancer for being an atheist, a girlfriend who exists only to deliver exposition and dump Josh, a Chinese kid who calls home to his dad and one is speaking Cantonese and one is speaking Mandarin, and who can forget the Muslim girl who is beaten by her father for being a secret Christian and then bodily thrown from her house by him in a fit of rage? In the end, Josh manages to prove God's not Dead to the class, the Newsboys perform, there's some Duck Dynasty cameos, and Kevin Sorbo admits he hates God, but once he's hit by a car being driven by evil atheist Dean Cain, accepts Christ right before he dies with his lungs filled with blood, causing an African preacher to say, "Today is a good day." (I did NOT hit every subplot in that run on description.)

Well, being stupid curious enough to read that review, didn't make me frown. Dodgy Laughat

But the knowledge that there is a sequel to this pile of tripe, doesn't exactly make me smile. Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
12-05-2017, 05:32 PM
(12-05-2017 04:15 PM)kim Wrote:  
(12-05-2017 07:43 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  It's a movie that is, as morondog said, pretty shitty. That said, if we go by technical details, it's wonderfully shot and edited compared to most Christian cinema. It's from the Christian viewpoint, with a Christian student Josh Wheaton standing up against his evil atheist philosophy prof who demands that everyone write "God is dead" on a sheet of paper, and when Josh won't, it becomes a debate for the souls of the students. There's also a ton of subplots ranging from two pastors trying to go to Disney but their car keeps dying, an atheist liberal blogger that gets cancer for being an atheist, a girlfriend who exists only to deliver exposition and dump Josh, a Chinese kid who calls home to his dad and one is speaking Cantonese and one is speaking Mandarin, and who can forget the Muslim girl who is beaten by her father for being a secret Christian and then bodily thrown from her house by him in a fit of rage? In the end, Josh manages to prove God's not Dead to the class, the Newsboys perform, there's some Duck Dynasty cameos, and Kevin Sorbo admits he hates God, but once he's hit by a car being driven by evil atheist Dean Cain, accepts Christ right before he dies with his lungs filled with blood, causing an African preacher to say, "Today is a good day." (I did NOT hit every subplot in that run on description.)

Well, being stupid curious enough to read that review, didn't make me frown. Dodgy Laughat

But the knowledge that there is a sequel to this pile of tripe, doesn't exactly make me smile. Undecided

The second one was worse...it was Sabrina the Teenage Witch in her late 30s being taken to court for mentioning Jesus in a completely legal way in her classroom by the ACLU. <.< It devolves into Christian apologists basically summarizing their books on the stand. (Oh and cancer atheist, having found Christ at the end of the last film and prayed for healing with the Newsboys, was healed of her cancer.) And then in a post credits scene, Pastor Dave is arrested for not submitting his sermons to the government when demanded. God's Not Dead 3 comes out next April 18th. Sad

Need to think of a witty signature.
12-05-2017, 05:54 PM
(12-05-2017 05:32 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(12-05-2017 04:15 PM)kim Wrote:  Well, being stupid curious enough to read that review, didn't make me frown. Dodgy Laughat

The second one was worse...it was Sabrina the Teenage Witch in her late 30s being taken to court for mentioning Jesus in a completely legal way in her classroom by the ACLU. <.< It devolves into Christian apologists basically summarizing their books on the stand. (Oh and cancer atheist, having found Christ at the end of the last film and prayed for healing with the Newsboys, was healed of her cancer.) And then in a post credits scene, Pastor Dave is arrested for not submitting his sermons to the government when demanded. God's Not Dead 3 comes out next April 18th. Sad

That movie appears to have more lives than the putative Jesus.
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
13-05-2017, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2017 03:55 PM by Shai Hulud.)
I love Commencement, but....no air conditioning in the gym. Almost 80 out. Worse inside packed with people. Robes were heavy. Then more at reception. So now I've shed my robes, my shirt is plastered to my body with sweat, and I'm sitting in front of two fans and drinking a lot of water and gatorade before I even consider heading home.

[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
13-05-2017, 08:34 PM
Mother's Day is just another day for my oldest to twist the knife a little more.

If I knew then what I know now I would have signed the adoption papers all those years ago. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
13-05-2017, 08:37 PM
(13-05-2017 08:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Mother's Day is just another day for my oldest to twist the knife a little more.

If I knew then what I know now I would have signed the adoption papers all those years ago. Undecided

Hug

[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
14-05-2017, 04:21 PM
Only four countries in the world do not guarantee some paid maternity leave.

Liberia, Swaziland, Papua New Guinea, and ...

the United States of America. Drinking Beverage

Let's keep 'Murika great.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post