Road closed by my house.

I think someone died. Sad

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2017, 11:42 AM
RE: Small things that make you frown
Having a small crisis again over my writing thing and whether I should ever try to put any of my work "out there" or if I should just write for fun or write when I need the release of writing. Which is kind of dumb because I haven't been writing lately and haven't felt the need to and other than the occasional wistful thought of "It'd be nice if I had the urge to write something right now" I haven't been thinking about it all that much and haven't been beating myself up over not wanting to write.

I'm at a certain point in my life now where I am making a conscious effort to look at things like writing the way I look at the bullet journal I use: it is there for me when and if I need it. I am not a slave to the bullet journal and it doesn't make me feel guilty if I don't fill it out everyday because you draw up the thing from scratch. So when I need to plan for a day, it is there. When I don't need it, it isn't hanging over my head, it doesn't have a pre-drawn slot waiting for information to be put there and so I never have that feeling of having wasted space.

I'm looking at my writing more as just one form of creative expression. I have others. The writing is there when I need it, but I have no deadlines or anything external to myself that says I have to write such-and-such many words a day, etc.

I dunno where I was going with this. I walked away for a bit and now have come back and lost my train of thought. All I know is, there is some part of me that wants to share my writing, because when others share their creative endeavors, even though they may themselves think it isn't all that great, that part of me is jealous, envious. How can they be brave enough to share their creations when it's a terrifying thought for me? I wish I didn't want to share my creations at all, but obviously there is some part of me that does. But the fear of putting myself out there is too strong for that sharing part to overcome.

My head is a frustrating place. Undecided

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
25-05-2017, 02:04 PM
Sorry EA Sad Part of me wants to put some 'out there' on a board I'm on, but wouldn't want to deal with the inevitable criticism (the people there are great, until they decide they don't like something, and go full anger mode). Hug

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-05-2017, 04:58 AM
when someone touch me in the crowd
[+] 1 user Likes MuntyJay's post
26-05-2017, 10:40 PM
Can't sleep late tomorrow. Sad

28-05-2017, 07:35 AM
Was going to try to sleep in (been getting about 4-5 hours a night due to stress), was absolutely exhausted, but forgot to turn off my phone last night. So at 5:30am my time, my aunt decided to text "thank you!" for the happy birthday wish I sent yesterday...also phone goes off every 2 minutes when you have a text you've not read, so had to get up, go across the room, etc. Next time, phone, you stay off overnight.

28-05-2017, 07:38 AM
(28-05-2017 07:35 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Was going to try to sleep in (been getting about 4-5 hours a night due to stress), was absolutely exhausted, but forgot to turn off my phone last night. So at 5:30am my time, my aunt decided to text "thank you!" for the happy birthday wish I sent yesterday...also phone goes off every 2 minutes when you have a text you've not read, so had to get up, go across the room, etc. Next time, phone, you stay off overnight.

My phone ringer/notifications is in a constant state of off...the only time I hear my phone ring is when it feeds through in my car for the hands free function. I get most messages well after they were sent.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
28-05-2017, 08:01 AM
(28-05-2017 07:38 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(28-05-2017 07:35 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Was going to try to sleep in (been getting about 4-5 hours a night due to stress), was absolutely exhausted, but forgot to turn off my phone last night. So at 5:30am my time, my aunt decided to text "thank you!" for the happy birthday wish I sent yesterday...also phone goes off every 2 minutes when you have a text you've not read, so had to get up, go across the room, etc. Next time, phone, you stay off overnight.

My phone ringer/notifications is in a constant state of off...the only time I hear my phone ring is when it feeds through in my car for the hands free function. I get most messages well after they were sent.

That is such a good idea, heh. May have to do that.

04-06-2017, 12:49 PM
So, when I converted to Catholicism almost a decade ago, I lost about a full third of my friends from my Baptist childhood overnight when I changed my religion on Facebook. Some job leads also seemed to mysteriously dry up...anyhow, I totally feel for this poor guy who had it worse. The Bible Answer Man (a radio personality who has been hosting a Bible show for three decades) converted to Eastern Orthodoxy this year and lost thousands of online listeners and was dropped by over 100 radio stations because they felt he was no longer a real Christian (see: Evangelical Protestant).

04-06-2017, 05:24 PM
I bought a cheap, used Blu-Ray at a store. The movie's free on OnDemand but I buy the Blu-Rays for the filmmaker commentaries, and I was pretty excited because I thought I was going to need to wait a while to watch it since the rooms with Blu-Ray players (or, rather, X-Boxes that happen to also play Blu-Rays) are usually occupied (or my brother's room, which it just hasn't really occurred to me to use until now), but my family went to some religious thing for my brother's graduation tonight so the family room TV would be free and I thought I'd get to watch it right after buying it.

Neither X-Box can read it. Dodgy I guess that's what I get for buying something used. Or maybe it's my fault, I remember worrying when I realized I was squeezing the case hard enough to feel the disc. Either way, I can't watch it.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.