Small things that make you frown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2017, 08:12 AM
RE: Small things that make you frown
I have internet service through comcast. I own my internet modem instead of renting their's, so I save a $10 rental fee each month. Last month I received a letter explaining that they had been "forgetting" to charge me for rental of a modem, and were going to start doing so in June. One customer service chat later, I had things straightened out so that I wouldn't be charged the rental fee. So far, so good. This weekend I placed an order for a combo internet and television package. When they sent me the charges, I noted that they included a monthly modem rental fee. So I assumed they were shipping a rental modem along with the set top box. One call to customer service confirmed that they had only shipped equipment for the television service. I hung up on them, and a while later realized the problem. They had assumed that I was renting a modem when they assembled the order and had tacked on the additional $10 per month rental fee. This despite explicitly specifying that I would be using my own internet modem when placing the order. So yet another call to customer service.....

It's all straightened out now, but what a pain in the patootie.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes big green mouth's post
05-06-2017, 08:46 AM
(05-06-2017 08:12 AM)big green mouth Wrote:  I have internet service through comcast. I own my internet modem instead of renting their's, so I save a $10 rental fee each month. Last month I received a letter explaining that they had been "forgetting" to charge me for rental of a modem, and were going to start doing so in June. One customer service chat later, I had things straightened out so that I wouldn't be charged the rental fee. So far, so good. This weekend I placed an order for a combo internet and television package. When they sent me the charges, I noted that they included a monthly modem rental fee. So I assumed they were shipping a rental modem along with the set top box. One call to customer service confirmed that they had only shipped equipment for the television service. I hung up on them, and a while later realized the problem. They had assumed that I was renting a modem when they assembled the order and had tacked on the additional $10 per month rental fee. This despite explicitly specifying that I would be using my own internet modem when placing the order. So yet another call to customer service.....

Oy, I'm sorry. Their customer service is the worst; once had no internet for over a week and several phone calls to customer service...eventually got a repair person sent out, and a whole $10 knocked off my next bill. Keep fighting the good fight with them!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2017, 06:03 PM
Son found out that he's going to have to get two immunizations before he can start 7th grade. Tdap booster and meningitis. Poor thing, he's a little worried. He'll be fine, though. Smile We talked to him about why they're important.

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
05-06-2017, 07:07 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2017 07:25 PM by Anjele.)
(05-06-2017 08:12 AM)big green mouth Wrote:  I have internet service through comcast. I own my internet modem instead of renting their's, so I save a $10 rental fee each month. Last month I received a letter explaining that they had been "forgetting" to charge me for rental of a modem, and were going to start doing so in June. One customer service chat later, I had things straightened out so that I wouldn't be charged the rental fee. So far, so good. This weekend I placed an order for a combo internet and television package. When they sent me the charges, I noted that they included a monthly modem rental fee. So I assumed they were shipping a rental modem along with the set top box. One call to customer service confirmed that they had only shipped equipment for the television service. I hung up on them, and a while later realized the problem. They had assumed that I was renting a modem when they assembled the order and had tacked on the additional $10 per month rental fee. This despite explicitly specifying that I would be using my own internet modem when placing the order. So yet another call to customer service.....

Telecommunication companies are the worst...especially in the areas of communication and customer service.

I contacted our cell phone provider a while back to ask about a new program they had for unlimited data. My son got it for a few bucks a month over his current bill. The CSR I spoke with was saying it was going to up my bill by nearly a hundred dollars a month...I have been with them since I got my first cell phone so it's been a while. Then he went on to say I was already being undercharged. I told him that I wasn't...that was the deal in place and was still under contract as such. Almost immediately after getting off the online chat with him I received and email telling me my bill was going up the amount he claimed I was being undercharged. Facepalm

It took almost two hours to get things straightened out and back to where they were before I contacted them to ask a question.

I also find it odd that it's easier to deal with a phone service via online chat than with an actual phone call.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
05-06-2017, 08:02 PM
Cheating at trivia night by having your phones out.
05-06-2017, 08:09 PM
Constantly cleaning up messes that I didn't make.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
05-06-2017, 08:13 PM
(05-06-2017 07:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I also find it odd that it's easier to deal with a phone service via online chat than with an actual phone call.

I prefer dealing with online chat. I have a mild phobia of phones. Setting up Xfinity streaming app on my computer so that I can follow Twins baseball on the PC while waiting for the set top box to arrive. It won't run on IE or Chrome, and Firefox has performance issues. I figured out a fix for Firefox, but I can't wait for the set top box to arrive.
[+] 1 user Likes big green mouth's post
06-06-2017, 07:08 PM
Can't share some artwork because it has my real name.
08-06-2017, 03:37 PM
Much as I love Brazil and I ain't never leaving, no way, you can't make me, nuh uh, my skin ain't too crazy about their water, apparently. I should probably start bathing in my own tears or something Dodgy

[Image: crybaby.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
08-06-2017, 05:02 PM
My poor mom, she's visiting a friend of longer than I've been alive. The friend ranted about how God has sent Trump to lead our nation out of the darkness and works through him.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user