Small things that make you frown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2017, 05:38 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2017 05:52 PM by Shai Hulud.)
RE: Small things that make you frown
Ordered Dominos delivered to office...as always when doing this, get a phone call demanding to know where I am because I'm not in either of the open summer dorms. I give the building, "Well where is that?" Tell the guy. Don't mention the following: The building name is on big letters on the side facing the road. It's on the address you were given, both building and office number. The building and office number are in the Special Instructions box along with "NOT THE DORMS". This may be a shock, Dominos guy, but I don't order delivery, when here, to get insulted, then get a text "i'm in the parking lot-dominos", then have to go down 4 flights of stairs, out into 93 degree heat, sign for it, back into the building, and up four more stories again.

Also my Catholic Bronies Facebook group has so many anti-Pride month posts right now...

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2017, 08:30 PM
People who don't listen...

Just keep yammering on and on and don't hear a word that was said.

It's exhausting.

Almost as bad as those people who only focus on negatives and completely disregard anything even remotely positive.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-06-2017, 08:39 PM
(17-06-2017 08:30 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  People who don't listen...

Just keep yammering on and on and don't hear a word that was said.

Did you say something, Mosby? I wasn't listening Angel

Most people seem to only wanna talk *at* others, not *with* them and seem incapable of/ totally uninterested in listening.[Image: ehXrZyV.gif]

I also had a coworker who, whenever we were having a conversation and she wanted to say something even though I was still speaking, would start raising her voice (it was too high-pItched even at the best of times) and keep on raising it until dogs from all around the neighbourhood started gathering outside the office Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
19-06-2017, 09:47 AM
Spent yesterday alternately sweating and freezing. Bad headache...slept a lot. Same today. BLAH! Hoping it's a 24 hour thing that ends soon. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
19-06-2017, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 19-06-2017 11:45 AM by Vera.)
People who apparently need *me* to feel better about their lives. Or something.

Like, calling me to wish me happy birthday (two days after my birthday; after we hadn't spoken for a couple of years) and spending the next two hours whining in a deathly tone about how miserable you are, how much better I have it, and how fucking sad you are. You know, cupcake, some of us have struggled with depression and an assortment of other lovely things their whole lives (and you never had any idea) and we have ugly shit going on in our lives, too, but we at least have the decency not to dump it on you and then proceed to tell you how lucky you are and how our problems are so much graver than yours. Fuck's sake!

Or, calling me several months later, supposedly to meet up (am in a different hemisphere, fat chance. But even if I weren't...)... but really, to brag that you've met a *rare* person and are so very happy. If you're so very happy why do need to shove it in my absolutely uninterested face?

Go play in the sun and leave me the fuck alone, you emotional vampires! Angry

[Image: tumblr_lsxtg0cU2K1qh2z47o1_250.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
21-06-2017, 12:08 AM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2017 12:48 AM by Aliza.)
I have been so incredibly discontent for like a solid month now. I came off the last semester with straight A's, and Yay! Yay! for me, but then I suddenly realized that I had nothing else to do. I didn't sign up for summer courses because I didn't want to think about it until later, and by the time "later" rolled around, there were no more courses to sign up for (that were worth signing up for). So I'm stuck for the summer with very little intellectual stimulation.

I need something to do. Some new challenge, or something.

Frustrated. Confused

Edit: I suck at typing, okay? Even after fixing it, there's still probably stuff that I overlooked. I hate post anxiety! Dodgy
21-06-2017, 12:23 AM
(21-06-2017 12:08 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I have been so incredibly discontent for like solid month now. I came off the last semester with straight A's, and Yay! Yay! for me, but then I suddenly realized that I had nothing else to do. I didn't sign up for summer courses because I didn't want to think about it until later, and by the time "later" rolled around, there were no more courses to sign up for (that were worth signing up for). So I'm suck for the summer with very little intellectual stimulation.

Frustrated. Confused

Coursera? It's how I keep myself out of mischief...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
21-06-2017, 12:42 AM
(21-06-2017 12:23 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(21-06-2017 12:08 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I have been so incredibly discontent for like solid month now. I came off the last semester with straight A's, and Yay! Yay! for me, but then I suddenly realized that I had nothing else to do. I didn't sign up for summer courses because I didn't want to think about it until later, and by the time "later" rolled around, there were no more courses to sign up for (that were worth signing up for). So I'm suck for the summer with very little intellectual stimulation.

Frustrated. Confused

Coursera? It's how I keep myself out of mischief...

Oooooh.... Good tip. Thanks. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
21-06-2017, 08:50 PM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2017 09:39 PM by CleverUsername.)
Found out my grandfather with a bad knee is trying to get it treated with acupuncture.

So in other words he's not getting treated for it at all and is just wasting time and money.

I feel I need to bring up that subject, but...the reason I'm at his house is for my grandmother/his wife's funeral (definitely not a "small" thing that makes me frown) and I'm sure he doesn't need more on his mind.Confused

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
21-06-2017, 08:57 PM
(21-06-2017 08:50 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Found out my grandfather with a bad knee is trying to get it treated with acupuncture.

So in other words he's not getting treated for it at all and is just wasting time and money.

I feel I need to breach that subject, but...the reason I'm at his house is for my grandmother/his wife's funeral (definitely not a "small" thing that makes me frown) and I'm sure he doesn't need more on his mind.Confused

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your grandmother.

The knee thing can wait a bit. Confused

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF