Small things that make you frown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2017, 09:19 AM
RE: Small things that make you frown
(09-07-2017 04:58 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(08-07-2017 06:54 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Your video reminded me of this one:

Oh god, JoeCartoon.

Hey kids, remember when AtomFilms.com, HampsterDance.com, AOL trial discs, and Flash animations were a thing? Remember the iMac? Remember AOL Instant Messenger? Remember when e-mail actually took time to send!?

[Image: keyboard_surfing_the_internet2-406x450.jpg]

re: remembering, I sure do remember that dial-up internet sound. And with my internet provider, my emails still can take some time to send. Not as bad as it used to be but sure not like it should be. And I am old enough to remember the celebration when they installed the second stoplight in the town where I was raised. 2014 census says there are more than 155,000 people there now. And from what I see when I go back, they never share a car and all drive like fools.

Sadly, Joe Cartoon has stopped doing the usual style of those cartoons and now does strictly music videos like this one: I won't imbed it here, you can choose for yourself whether or not to see elderly partial nudity (cartoon style) and blurry "graphic" stuff. Click on it or not. You've been warned.

http://joecartoon.com/watch/G2bbbc/Joe_T...Old_Ladies

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2017, 10:10 AM
(09-07-2017 04:58 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(08-07-2017 06:54 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Your video reminded me of this one:

Oh god, JoeCartoon.

Hey kids, remember when AtomFilms.com, HampsterDance.com, AOL trial discs, and Flash animations were a thing? Remember the iMac? Remember AOL Instant Messenger? Remember when e-mail actually took time to send!?

Remember the flying toaster screen saver software?

And the paperclip in Microsoft Office programs?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
09-07-2017, 11:25 AM
(09-07-2017 10:10 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(09-07-2017 04:58 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Oh god, JoeCartoon.

Remember the flying toaster screen saver software?

And the paperclip in Microsoft Office programs?

The flying toasters were cool!

That dumb ass paperclip was the first thing I turned off when I got a new work computer. Then the "grammar" and spell check got the axe. I had a lot of technical words to put into the dictionary, too.
12-07-2017, 10:30 PM
I told a customer at work today that I liked her shirt. She looked at me long enough to make it clear she heard then walked away.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
16-07-2017, 04:33 PM
Told my mother George A Romero died. She didn't know who he was.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
16-07-2017, 06:19 PM
My key for the house locks was worn to the point that I had to buy a kit to redo them with new pins. The kit came with 3 keys, but I need 4. So I went and had the 4th one made. After reworking the locks, and then replacing my family's keys on their rings, I discovered that I only had 3 keys (one of which is the duplicate, so I know I didn't lose that one, or forget it at the store or something). Huh I had 4 sitting on the table when I started. So I had to go and buy another key. It isn't the $3, it's the fact that I had to go back and get another. I turned the stuff on the table upside down, to no avail. You just watch. Give it time and that key will turn up.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
16-07-2017, 07:40 PM
Have you checked the fridge? I hate to admit it but that's the last place I lost mine. Unloading groceries into the fridge with it in my hand apparently. Still trying to live that one down in this house.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
16-07-2017, 08:59 PM
(16-07-2017 07:40 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Have you checked the fridge? I hate to admit it but that's the last place I lost mine. Unloading groceries into the fridge with it in my hand apparently. Still trying to live that one down in this house.

Thing is, that is the only thing I brought home from the hardware store. It isn't even the duplicate key that got lost, it's one of the originals! Laughat
19-07-2017, 07:12 AM
So stressed mentally yesterday that I am physically unwell today.

Boss said that I analyze things too much and pay too much attention to detail. Blink I'm a bookkeeper. WTF

Wanted to know what was taking me so long to get a new client set up...well, I have to download bank and credit card statements for fourteen accounts starting with January 1, 2016. And I still cannot access other accounts for this client as I don't have the logins. All this information has to be entered and assigned to accounts and each month for each bank and credit card account reconciled. I was just assigned this last Thursday and was pulled from it to work on other things.

He did say that I have really learned a lot on a particular process for some of my clients.

I told him that I felt like everything I do is subpar. He said he was trying to build me up though he added he wasn't doing a very good job of it.

It seems there is some hazy goal I am supposed to meet but I don't know what it is and it seems to keep changing.

I am home...feeling like crap...near tears for the second day in a row. Stomach is swirling and head hurts.

Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
19-07-2017, 08:09 AM
(19-07-2017 07:12 AM)Anjele Wrote:  So stressed mentally yesterday that I am physically unwell today.

Boss said that I analyze things too much and pay too much attention to detail. Blink I'm a bookkeeper. WTF

Wanted to know what was taking me so long to get a new client set up...well, I have to download bank and credit card statements for fourteen accounts starting with January 1, 2016. And I still cannot access other accounts for this client as I don't have the logins. All this information has to be entered and assigned to accounts and each month for each bank and credit card account reconciled. I was just assigned this last Thursday and was pulled from it to work on other things.

He did say that I have really learned a lot on a particular process for some of my clients.

I told him that I felt like everything I do is subpar. He said he was trying to build me up though he added he wasn't doing a very good job of it.

It seems there is some hazy goal I am supposed to meet but I don't know what it is and it seems to keep changing.

I am home...feeling like crap...near tears for the second day in a row. Stomach is swirling and head hurts.

Sadcryface

Sad Hug Heart

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post