• 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2017, 09:11 AM
RE: Small things that make you frown
My family of origin. Wait, that's not a small thing. Rolleyes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2017, 02:53 PM
From a fig tree in my back yard, I managed to get 4 good cuttings take. I carefully layered them, transplanted them, and nurtured them. This year, they started to produce figs. They are now chest high. But no, the squirrels and possums got the figs, every last one of them. I did not get one. I need a good recipe for squirrel stew. They won't let me have any cherry tomatoes either. But I have some happy, fat squirrels.

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
22-07-2017, 03:14 PM
(22-07-2017 02:53 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  From a fig tree in my back yard, I managed to get 4 good cuttings take. I carefully layered them, transplanted them, and nurtured them. This year, they started to produce figs. They are now chest high. But no, the squirrels and possums got the figs, every last one of them. I did not get one. I need a good recipe for squirrel stew. They won't let me have any cherry tomatoes either. But I have some happy, fat squirrels.

My dad grew up in rural Minnesota. He'd go hunt them himself. He really liked squirrel gravy. They were po'- 10 kids, and his father died when he was 12. He'd go hunt them himself.
22-07-2017, 08:21 PM
Not sure what to do. Undecided Before the dang news about my job yesterday, I had actually written 1,000 words per day for a couple days there. Was all sucked into the little story I was messing with. But now I can't stop thinking about the job thing long enough to even figure out what I want to do just for fun here on the weekend. Sad Tried to play Skyrim but wasn't feeling it. And writing... I dunno.

22-07-2017, 08:27 PM
(22-07-2017 08:21 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Not sure what to do. Undecided Before the dang news about my job yesterday, I had actually written 1,000 words per day for a couple days there. Was all sucked into the little story I was messing with. But now I can't stop thinking about the job thing long enough to even figure out what I want to do just for fun here on the weekend. Sad Tried to play Skyrim but wasn't feeling it. And writing... I dunno.

Don't give up the writing! A lot of us have little stories we're messing with, hang with it and finish it and give it its little moment in the sun. Even if no one else reads it you'll feel good giving birth to it (I'm going to feel like a total jackass if I'm talking to a published author).
[+] 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
22-07-2017, 08:35 PM
(22-07-2017 08:27 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(22-07-2017 08:21 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Not sure what to do. Undecided Before the dang news about my job yesterday, I had actually written 1,000 words per day for a couple days there. Was all sucked into the little story I was messing with. But now I can't stop thinking about the job thing long enough to even figure out what I want to do just for fun here on the weekend. Sad Tried to play Skyrim but wasn't feeling it. And writing... I dunno.

Don't give up the writing! A lot of us have little stories we're messing with, hang with it and finish it and give it its little moment in the sun. Even if no one else reads it you'll feel good giving birth to it (I'm going to feel like a total jackass if I'm talking to a published author).

lol, no I'm not published Smile

23-07-2017, 04:53 AM
Caught a con plague

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
26-07-2017, 08:42 AM
Other people's crappy crappy music (and voices).

"I have long held the opinion that the amount of noise that anyone can bear undisturbed stands in inverse proportion to his mental capacity and may therefore be regarded as a pretty fair measure of it." - Schopenhauer

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
26-07-2017, 11:07 AM
The guy on the bus sitting two rows down, obliviously carrying on a very loud conversation on his cell phone.
Who repeatedly said "I hafta let you go now"
And kept droning on for my entire 40-minute commute ...

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 1 user Likes Reducetarian's post
26-07-2017, 11:19 AM
(26-07-2017 11:07 AM)Reducetarian Wrote:  The guy on the bus sitting two rows down, obliviously carrying on a very loud conversation on his cell phone.
Who repeatedly said "I hafta let you go now"
And kept droning on for my entire 40-minute commute ...

Was he talking into it as if it were a walkie-talkie? That still mystifies the bejesus out of me Facepalm

[Image: 5760.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post