Small things that make you frown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2017, 11:21 AM
RE: Small things that make you frown
(24-08-2017 11:14 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I feel bad when bumping this thread twice in a row Sad But yeah, the Catholic dating site I'm on where I know 4 couples who met each other there, just suggested someone to me...she:
  • Believes the only Mass one attends should be the Traditional Latin Mass
  • Believes hymns should only be in Latin.
  • Wants a large homeschooled family.
  • Believes firmly in Traditional gender roles and that a woman shouldn't work outside the home.
  • And....her favorite publications she lists for reading material are both classified as hate publications by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Kinda thinking no, dating site, kinda thinking no.

I agree on the first 2 points, at least the bullshit would be interesting being in Latin which is a pretty spoken and chanted language.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2017, 11:47 AM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2017 12:01 PM by Vera.)
You know what? Am done waiting for all the idiots to take the dozens of selfies which are apparently the *only* reason people visit *anything* these days (as opposed to visit in order to actually see and experience something). It's like every fucking thing in the world is their personal fucking photo studio and the rest of the world has to wait patiently until they're done posing and duck-facing and whatever the latest one was called. Also, I am sorry, but using a selfie stick makes you look like a complete and utter twat.

Now move aside, I'm walking here Angry

"If you see me comin', better step aside
A lotta men didn't, a lotta men died..."

[Image: e30612f34e3dcc03c0769c1bcdef4fe3.gif]

And 'cause today''s compulsive, idiotic, self-centred selife-taking was in an aquarium....

[Image: fishes1.jpg?w=1400]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
24-08-2017, 05:38 PM
(24-08-2017 11:21 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(24-08-2017 11:14 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I feel bad when bumping this thread twice in a row Sad But yeah, the Catholic dating site I'm on where I know 4 couples who met each other there, just suggested someone to me...she:
  • Believes the only Mass one attends should be the Traditional Latin Mass
  • Believes hymns should only be in Latin.
  • Wants a large homeschooled family.
  • Believes firmly in Traditional gender roles and that a woman shouldn't work outside the home.
  • And....her favorite publications she lists for reading material are both classified as hate publications by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Kinda thinking no, dating site, kinda thinking no.

I agree on the first 2 points, at least the bullshit would be interesting being in Latin which is a pretty spoken and chanted language.

Latin does make everything sound cooler (or more ominous, depending on how it's done), agreed. But not feeling like messaging any Traddie Catholic anti-Semites...

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-08-2017, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2017 06:15 PM by TSG.)
(24-08-2017 05:38 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(24-08-2017 11:21 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I agree on the first 2 points, at least the bullshit would be interesting being in Latin which is a pretty spoken and chanted language.

Latin does make everything sound cooler ...

Ah, that reminds me of the immortal, beautiful words of Martial. Smile

Quod numquam maribus iunctam te, Bassa, videbam
quodque tibi moechum fabula nulla dabat,
omne sed officium circa te semper obibat
turba tui sexus, non adeunte viro,
esse videbaris, fateor, Lucretia nobis:
at tu, pro facinus, Bassa, fututor eras.
inter se geminos audes committere cunnos
mentiturque virum prodigiosa Venus.
commenta es dignum Thebano aenigmate monstrum.
hic, ubi vir non est, ut sit adulterium.

Don't look up what that means. Trust me. Don't. No

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
24-08-2017, 08:02 PM
(24-08-2017 05:38 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(24-08-2017 11:21 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I agree on the first 2 points, at least the bullshit would be interesting being in Latin which is a pretty spoken and chanted language.

Latin does make everything sound cooler (or more ominous, depending on how it's done), agreed. But not feeling like messaging any Traddie Catholic anti-Semites...

Oh yeah she sounds like a horrible person, but Latin is pretty regardless of her level of horribleness.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
25-08-2017, 06:24 AM
The way some theists talk. No

The friend of a friend has a son who was horribly injured in a boating accident. Here is an update and thank you to people who have helped out. I took the names out...the bolding is mine.

Quote:I have been reminded that the wrong kind of pride is sinful and all that we receive is not by our making but because it has been allowed by the Almighty. My son is loved by so many that want to help & support him and his incredible wife, far be it for me to hinder the great works that God is doing in and through my son and all that are somehow touched or affected by this story. Whether you donate or not, if you are reading this I pray that so many blessings chase you down & tackle you that you can't help but get up and become a light to all you encounter!! May God surround each of you with incredible family & friends as he has us!! With love & gratitude from the depths of our hearts,

Blink

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-08-2017, 06:33 AM
(25-08-2017 06:24 AM)Anjele Wrote:  The way some theists talk. No

The friend of a friend has a son who was horribly injured in a boating accident. Here is an update and thank you to people who have helped out. I took the names out...the bolding is mine.

Quote:I have been reminded that the wrong kind of pride is sinful and all that we receive is not by our making but because it has been allowed by the Almighty. My son is loved by so many that want to help & support him and his incredible wife, far be it for me to hinder the great works that God is doing in and through my son and all that are somehow touched or affected by this story. Whether you donate or not, if you are reading this I pray that so many blessings chase you down & tackle you that you can't help but get up and become a light to all you encounter!! May God surround each of you with incredible family & friends as he has us!! With love & gratitude from the depths of our hearts,

Blink
That's sounds a bit "sexual predator"-y Blink

Re: your previous post, I can't stand people who take selfies in front of things. Just go and look at the thing itself, and enjoy it. My wife often shouts at me as when I go anywhere important or interesting, I won't take a picture at all, as I'm too busy just looking at everything.

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
25-08-2017, 08:59 AM
Anj, that was the dumbest thing I've read recently and I'm currently doing a sex scene with tongues than dance and go walkabouts in other people's mouths, and the whole shebang (well, and hebang, too, I guess. Yeah, yeah. I'll show myself out Blush )

Honestly, before I came TTA I would never have believed it possible for *anyone* to actually talk like this. Sadly, I've once again overestimated people. Story of my life.

(25-08-2017 06:33 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Re: your previous post, I can't stand people who take selfies in front of things. Just go and look at the thing itself, and enjoy it. My wife often shouts at me as when I go anywhere important or interesting, I won't take a picture at all, as I'm too busy just looking at everything.

'Twas me who was bitching about selfies Big Grin

And yeah, it's beyond annoying. Someone was actually blocking the entire freaking way yesterday. Like, completely. Who would've thunk I'd find the little kiddies visiting the aquarium way less annoying than the adults (actually, the kids were cute and one of the groups were all dressed in bright yellow, was like walking through a field of (moving, sentient dandelions ;-))

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
25-08-2017, 09:22 AM
(25-08-2017 08:59 AM)Vera Wrote:  'Twas me who was bitching about selfies Big Grin

And yeah, it's beyond annoying. Someone was actually blocking the entire freaking way yesterday. Like, completely. Who would've thunk I'd find the little kiddies visiting the aquarium way less annoying than the adults (actually, the kids were cute and one of the groups were all dressed in bright yellow, was like walking through a field of (moving, sentient dandelions ;-))

BAH, I knew I should have double checked the thread before committing to a name Laugh out load Sorry Vera Tongue

I went to see Green Day recently, and at one point the singer says "it's great to see people not on their phones, and just enjoying the show", And I look up to see some girl on her boyfriends shoulders going "Wooo, yeah you tell them", whilst recording in her phone Facepalm

Maybe it's a generation thing. I'm 30 next year, and when I was a kid we didn't have phones and all that shite. Mobile phones had just started to take off when I was a teen, but the photo/video quality was shite haha.

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
25-08-2017, 10:01 AM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2017 10:04 AM by BikerDude.)
Every freaking job that I have ever had.
And I am one of the lucky ones.
Nice clean blue collar gig that pays good and every single day I want to pull the covers up and go back to sleep.
I honestly believe that the small frown is the default state of human beings.
We have to find things to make us happy.
That is what moves the entire human race forward.
If the default was being happy we (the royal we. The human race) would be sitting around drawing pictures with a stick dipped in our own shit.
Happiness takes work.
Once you stop kicking you sink.
Sad but true
It's up to all of us to poke our own hole in this veil of tears.
And yes, help others do likewise.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]