Small things that make you frown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2017, 09:00 AM
RE: Small things that make you frown
(16-09-2017 11:36 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(16-09-2017 05:55 PM)Aliza Wrote:  .... And apparently one beer makes me very, very tipsy. It's been a long week, I guess.

Are things OK in your area of Florida now? Is everything trashed or is life returning to normal?

We're not back to normal, but we're getting there. My immediate neighborhood is looking great and is mostly back to normal, but the region I've been assigned to is overall, still in recovery mode. We still have a lot of people without power, and some restaurants and shopping plazas are closed or are operating with limited menus because they can't get food trucks to make their deliveries quickly enough.

Immediately after the storm when people were trying to return to their homes further south and southwest, they were discovering that they couldn't find hotel rooms to stay overnight. The government had the highway communication system directing travelers to stay in emergency shelters, but many of them just pulled their car alongside the highway and slept on the side of the road (which is obviously terribly dangerous).

A lot of the neighborhoods were affected by flooding, and not just flooding with ocean or brackish water, but flooding with sewage. Adding to that, many of the homes that got flooded were the same homes affected in Hurricane Matthew, and they weren't even finished being rebuilt from that storm. (But on the plus side, many people learned from Matthew and stored their valuables up high and balanced their furniture on stilts to keep it dry from the flood waters.)

Some of the neighborhoods smell of sewage and no one in those areas can flush their toilets. There are still people living in the emergency shelters because their homes were washed out and they have no where else to stay. A lot of folks lack the financial resources to travel to friends and family to stay elsewhere or their friends and family are also in distress, because this storm affected the entire state.

Never-the-less, I'm seeing signs of recovery starting to take place, so that's good!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Aliza's post
17-09-2017, 01:27 PM
My tailbone really, really hurts and I've no idea why. Maybe I got even more sozzled last night than I thought I did... At least this would explain why I got a marriage proposal. Blink

Also, I Have No Gas (in the house Dodgy ) and I Must Cook

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
18-09-2017, 06:47 AM
The bags at Wal-Mart self-checkout. Every other self-checkout, you pull the bag and it comes right apart, but Wal-Mart uses the thinnest and cheapest plastic known to humanity. Much more and I'd think they were involved in research as to how to create some form of plastic nanotubes. I have to wet my finger on my tongue to get them to come apart so stuff can be put in them.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-09-2017, 08:36 AM
Glad you are doing well, Aliza. I feel awful for the people who lost so much Sad I was reading a story about recovery and it sounds like only 15% of the population has insurance to cover such an event. Those with total loss face such an uphill battle. It's just so sad.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
18-09-2017, 09:05 AM
We just finished talking about Slenderman case because it's local.
Me: Anyone else have any interesting news or anything before we start?
Student: I saw a thing on YouTube and wondered if it was true.
Me: Oh cool, what is it?
Student: Does urine on a wound really reduce scarring?
Me: ...you may want to Google that.
Me mentally: This is gonna be a long day... (and that's not even due to the fact my last class ends at 9pm)

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-09-2017, 09:11 AM
Siiiiiick. Sadcryface2 Day two of the plague over here. I'm supposed to be out doing stuff and instead I'm stuck in bed.

[Image: 5644125f088e31d1085cb24d346bc023--surviv...edness.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
19-09-2017, 09:24 AM
(19-09-2017 09:11 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Siiiiiick. Sadcryface2 Day two of the plague over here. I'm supposed to be out doing stuff and instead I'm stuck in bed.

[Image: 5644125f088e31d1085cb24d346bc023--surviv...edness.jpg]

Fuck, I could use that flu survival kit next time I get pole-axed, that looks like a great idea. Sorry you're sick Hug Get better soon. Flu is one of *the* shittest diseases...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
19-09-2017, 09:51 AM
I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. Angry

**Feel better soon Aliza.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
19-09-2017, 10:16 AM
Chemotherapy is giving me flatulence... No
28-09-2017, 05:13 PM
Bloody fed up with being in bed... but apparently lying down is the only position in which my head doesn't hurt and I don't feel like I'm about to fall... At least my forehead and freaking eye-sockets/brows stopped hurting excruciatingly (and only hurt very mildly now). Thank somebody for small mercies, eh? Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."