Small things that make you frown

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
04-10-2017, 02:55 PM
RE: Small things that make you frown
(04-10-2017 02:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It's official, my job is on the line. I either manage 40 hours a week and endanger my health or I quickly go completely broke.

I am at a loss.

Your employer sucks ass. Angry

My strategy of ignoring my problems until they disappear never seems to work out for me. ...I'll try to get around to dealing with that in the near future.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2017, 07:42 PM
(04-10-2017 02:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It's official, my job is on the line. I either manage 40 hours a week and endanger my health or I quickly go completely broke.

I am at a loss.

That Sucks.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams

"You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." Robin Williams
05-10-2017, 09:43 AM
So sorry, Anj Sad

And.... here we go again: you start living with other people and they start thinking your food is their food. And not just having some of it, but actually opening an unopened bag and putting it with their own stuff. What, you suffer from amnesia or something and don't even remember what you've bought? Dodgy

What I loathe about this it that it forces me to be petty (at least inwardly, if not outwardly) and I hate, hate, HATE even the sniff of pettiness.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2017, 01:26 PM

I am at a loss.

Update -

Talk with boss and second in command this morning went well. I was up half the night trying to figure out how to approach this.

I asked them to keep me at my salary for this month as I moved toward more and more hours at the office. They don't want me dying there and I am really not thrilled about that idea either.

At the end of the month we will talk and I may go to four days a week with my pay altered a bit. As I get stronger I can work my way back up to full time.

So....we'll see how it goes from here on....guess I could ask you all to pray. Angel

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. -JF
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
05-10-2017, 01:44 PM
(05-10-2017 01:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

I am at a loss.

Update -

Talk with boss and second in command this morning went well. I was up half the night trying to figure out how to approach this.

I asked them to keep me at my salary for this month as I moved toward more and more hours at the office. They don't want me dying there and I am really not thrilled about that idea either.

At the end of the month we will talk and I may go to four days a week with my pay altered a bit. As I get stronger I can work my way back up to full time.

So....we'll see how it goes from here on....guess I could ask you all to pray. Angel

Hug That's good news Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
05-10-2017, 02:57 PM
So glad to hear that good news Anjele. I was surprised they had made those threats, considering how cool they seemed to be when you first came back. Glad they came to their senses and seem to "get" what it means to value an employee.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams

"You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." Robin Williams
06-10-2017, 12:59 AM
(05-10-2017 01:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

I am at a loss.

Update -

I just went from 5 to 4 days weeks in July. 15% less work, 10% less net income.

Best decision i have made in the past 50y, and i am only 49. Laugh out load

tl;dr DO.IT.NOW.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
06-10-2017, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2017 12:22 PM by Vera.)
Good news, Anj!

And I will now leave the rest of *my* food for whoever decided it's theirs, to finish it, because I don't want to embarrass them by making them realise they took something that wasn't theirs. (Even though I do want a bowl of cereal right now. Cereal which I bought and barely got to try.)

And yet, I am, apparently, the bad person here, for wanting to take away people's comfort (I don't and have never tried to), for thinking it's strange to believe in ghosts, when you're an educated person and actually know how the world and our bodies work and for - how dare I! - ask a question when subjected to a barrage of nonsense.

Yep, still pissed off Dodgy

Also, when you share the wifi with a bunch of other people and you know it's not good, it behooves any semi-decent and non-selfish person to maybe cut down on the streaming and downloading a teeny tiny bit, no? Well, apparently no Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
06-10-2017, 03:11 PM
Just spent an hour hearing how fucked over this part of the state is by our insurance providers through our Employee Trust Fund.

Need to think of a witty signature.
06-10-2017, 03:34 PM
The bandwagon.

Get your own bleeding hymn book