Small things that make you frown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2015, 06:34 PM
RE: Small things that make you frown
(19-06-2015 05:59 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(19-06-2015 05:21 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I was just smoking outside on the back steps, & saw an insect that looked like a wasp carrying what looked like a small grasshopper under his legs!
Thing flew by, and landed on the handle of my push mower!
Not frowning like sad, but frowning like WTF?
Weird.

It was either a heavy bomber, or an aircraft carrier. Tongue

I'm serious, dude! Rolleyes
Laugh out load Tongue
Wasp was dark colored, and the grasshopper was green. Grasshopper's legs were frozen outstretched, so he was prolly dead. And the winged one had that look: head, thorax, and the stinger looking abdomen! Wasp/Dirt-Dobber look.
Don't know their predation habits, but this one was carrying the grasshopper somewhere! Never seen that before.
Weird, but kinda cool, too! Shy

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
19-06-2015, 06:40 PM
(19-06-2015 06:34 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(19-06-2015 05:59 PM)pablo Wrote:  It was either a heavy bomber, or an aircraft carrier. Tongue

I'm serious, dude! Rolleyes
Laugh out load Tongue
Wasp was dark colored, and the grasshopper was green. Grasshopper's legs were frozen outstretched, so he was prolly dead. And the winged one had that look: head, thorax, and the stinger looking abdomen! Wasp/Dirt-Dobber look.
Don't know their predation habits, but this one was carrying the grasshopper somewhere! Never seen that before.

Some wasps will catch large prey like that, take it back to their nest where the queen will lay eggs inside its body. When the eggs hatch, the larvae survive by eating the host body. Kinda grizzly and cool.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
19-06-2015, 08:32 PM
Small things that make you frown
Not looking forward to my trip tomorrow. Charlotte is a nice city, just not excited this time.
19-06-2015, 08:43 PM
Watching a couple deer nibbling on grass out back...

Fun to watch until I saw one shit.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-06-2015, 08:50 PM
(19-06-2015 08:32 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Not looking forward to my trip tomorrow. Charlotte is a nice city, just not excited this time.

Hug Heart I hope it turns out better than expected.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
20-06-2015, 02:05 AM
(19-06-2015 06:40 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(19-06-2015 06:34 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I'm serious, dude! Rolleyes
Laugh out load Tongue

Some wasps will catch large prey like that, take it back to their nest where the queen will lay eggs inside its body. When the eggs hatch, the larvae survive by eating the host body. Kinda grizzly and cool.

Wikipedia Wrote:Wasps of the genus Sphex (commonly known as digger wasps) are cosmopolitan predators of the family Sphecidae that sting and paralyze prey insects. There are over 130 known digger wasp species. In preparation for egg laying, they construct a protected "nest" (some species dig nests in the ground, while others use pre-existing holes) and then stock it with captured insects. Typically, the prey are left alive, but paralyzed by wasp toxins. The wasps lay their eggs in the provisioned nest. When the wasp larvae hatch, they feed on the paralyzed insects.

It's all part of a loving God's plan. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
20-06-2015, 09:36 AM
(20-06-2015 02:05 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-06-2015 06:40 PM)pablo Wrote:  Some wasps will catch large prey like that, take it back to their nest where the queen will lay eggs inside its body. When the eggs hatch, the larvae survive by eating the host body. Kinda grizzly and cool.

Wikipedia Wrote:Wasps of the genus Sphex (commonly known as digger wasps) are cosmopolitan predators of the family Sphecidae that sting and paralyze prey insects. There are over 130 known digger wasp species. In preparation for egg laying, they construct a protected "nest" (some species dig nests in the ground, while others use pre-existing holes) and then stock it with captured insects. Typically, the prey are left alive, but paralyzed by wasp toxins. The wasps lay their eggs in the provisioned nest. When the wasp larvae hatch, they feed on the paralyzed insects.

It's all part of a loving God's plan. Drinking Beverage

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
20-06-2015, 03:32 PM
(20-06-2015 09:36 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(20-06-2015 02:05 AM)Chas Wrote:  It's all part of a loving God's plan. Drinking Beverage

Video blocked in my country. Weeping

But this one works.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
20-06-2015, 08:38 PM
(20-06-2015 03:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  

But this one works.

Welcome to my world, Chas.
Enjoy your region-locked stay...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
20-06-2015, 08:50 PM
(20-06-2015 03:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  

But this one works.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post