Small things that make you frown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2015, 05:13 PM
RE: Small things that make you frown
(30-06-2015 05:09 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Son didn't get the house...pretty disappointed. Don't have the details yet. Don't know if he was outbid or what happened.

I hate that he and the girlfriend didn't get it. Back to looking. Undecided

That's a shame, something better will turn up soon. Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
15-07-2015, 02:22 PM
I have to bring proof of a vaccination for my college dorm, and good fuck, I hate seeing that "Except for religious and personal exemptions" thing on there.

I don't get why people are so stupid. These things are so important there's a law mandating them, but you can get out of it just cause, eh, ya feel like it. On what planet does that make sense?

It's like reading a book on driving and coming to the sentence, "All cars must stop at stoplights, unless you really feel you don't have to."

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 6 users Like CleverUsername's post
12-09-2015, 02:46 PM
I'm on vacation at present and got a text from my boss yesterday that I'm being moved out of my current cubicle and into a new one. I'd known this could happen, but it was just a possibility that my boss had posed to me before I went on vacay. But then someone got hired unexpectedly (to replace a girl we'd lost) and so I had to be moved even though I was out.

A little sad. I am losing my window spot. Sad Came up here to work today on a Saturday to try and move a few things myself (boss had said they would move everything on Monday) and lo and behold, boss was here already and they'd gone ahead and moved my stuff already. Feeling a bit violated, somehow. Undecided But am trying to see the positives.

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
12-09-2015, 03:16 PM
(12-09-2015 02:46 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I'm on vacation at present and got a text from my boss yesterday that I'm being moved out of my current cubicle and into a new one. I'd known this could happen, but it was just a possibility that my boss had posed to me before I went on vacay. But then someone got hired unexpectedly (to replace a girl we'd lost) and so I had to be moved even though I was out.

A little sad. I am losing my window spot. Sad Came up here to work today on a Saturday to try and move a few things myself (boss had said they would move everything on Monday) and lo and behold, boss was here already and they'd gone ahead and moved my stuff already. Feeling a bit violated, somehow. Undecided But am trying to see the positives.

Wait... Why do you need to move fore the new-hire?

Can't they just take the place of the of the person they are replacing?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-09-2015, 03:48 PM
(12-09-2015 03:16 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 02:46 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I'm on vacation at present and got a text from my boss yesterday that I'm being moved out of my current cubicle and into a new one. I'd known this could happen, but it was just a possibility that my boss had posed to me before I went on vacay. But then someone got hired unexpectedly (to replace a girl we'd lost) and so I had to be moved even though I was out.

Wait... Why do you need to move fore the new-hire?

It's kind of a complicated answer. Undecided Not too long ago, we had a girl get fired, and after that happened, they needed someone to fill in for the specific type of work she did. I'd been being trained for that kind of work anyway, just as a cross-training type thing. And so, when this girl got fired, it was posed to me that I be the one to basically take on her job duties. Instead of mainly processing new apps that come in ("coding" them is what we call it) I would be working on the step that comes before that (called the "upfront" process).

So really, because I was moved to a new type of work, the new person will (in a manner of speaking) be replacing me. She'll be replacing the type of worker I was, since I essentially replaced the girl we lost. And people who do "upfront" work all sit together in the same large-ish cubicle, so they just moved me over here.

New person will sit by a team leader who can train her. Person who used to sit by *that* team leader moves into my old spot. And little old me moves into the "upfront" section of the New Business Department.

It's a big fuckin' game of musical chairs. Hobo

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
12-09-2015, 04:03 PM
(12-09-2015 03:48 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 03:16 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Wait... Why do you need to move fore the new-hire?

It's kind of a complicated answer. Undecided Not too long ago, we had a girl get fired, and after that happened, they needed someone to fill in for the specific type of work she did. I'd been being trained for that kind of work anyway, just as a cross-training type thing. And so, when this girl got fired, it was posed to me that I be the one to basically take on her job duties. Instead of mainly processing new apps that come in ("coding" them is what we call it) I would be working on the step that comes before that (called the "upfront" process).

So really, because I was moved to a new type of work, the new person will (in a manner of speaking) be replacing me. She'll be replacing the type of worker I was, since I essentially replaced the girl we lost. And people who do "upfront" work all sit together in the same large-ish cubicle, so they just moved me over here.

New person will sit by a team leader who can train her. Person who used to sit by *that* team leader moves into my old spot. And little old me moves into the "upfront" section of the New Business Department.

That sounds like a needlessly complicated system...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-09-2015, 04:06 PM
(12-09-2015 04:03 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 03:48 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  It's kind of a complicated answer. Undecided Not too long ago, we had a girl get fired, and after that happened, they needed someone to fill in for the specific type of work she did. I'd been being trained for that kind of work anyway, just as a cross-training type thing. And so, when this girl got fired, it was posed to me that I be the one to basically take on her job duties. Instead of mainly processing new apps that come in ("coding" them is what we call it) I would be working on the step that comes before that (called the "upfront" process).

That sounds like a needlessly complicated system...

Welcome to life insurance, my friend. Evil_monster

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
12-09-2015, 04:25 PM

That's crappy. No

When I got moved to a new spot the desk was reversed. I spent about three months reaching for things on the wrong side. And I lost my window spot too.

I wouldn't be very happy that they moved my stuff without me there. But, they probably think they were helping and being efficient when your little cube of space was sort of violated.
Hug

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
12-09-2015, 06:01 PM
My freaking shipboard info systems professor won't answer any emails. He said he would respond when we turn things in by email to confirm he got them. I turn something in, he doesn't say anything. So I email to ask if he got it and he hasn't responded. WTF.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
13-09-2015, 02:45 AM
(12-09-2015 06:01 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  My freaking shipboard info systems professor won't answer any emails. He said he would respond when we turn things in by email to confirm he got them. I turn something in, he doesn't say anything. So I email to ask if he got it and he hasn't responded. WTF.

It's almost like he has a life beyond email...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post