Small things that make you frown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2016, 08:00 PM
RE: Small things that make you frown
(02-02-2016 07:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The search for a job trudges on. Confused Seems like recruiters call me in to fill out paperwork and help them make some sort of quota then they vanish into the never never. Seems rude to me to not respond to follow-up emails.

One wants me to outright lie on my resume'. Ummm, nope.

Had a wonderful interview with a man yesterday...I was so excited. My skills are just what he needs and the environment is perfect for me. Unfortunately, it seems that the recruiter failed to mention that it's a part-time position. I need a full-time paycheck. Sadcryface

Still no word on when my job ends.

I have another interview in the morning but after talking to the recruiter for that one I already know it's not the place for me. UGH! I will go, just in case I am wrong about that but my hopes aren't high. And it's good to practice my interviewing skills.

I guess I will go pout now.

Hug

I could tell you stories that would make you cry. I hate job hunting. I hate interviews. Blarg!

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2016, 12:29 AM
(02-02-2016 07:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Had a wonderful interview with a man yesterday...I was so excited. My skills are just what he needs and the environment is perfect for me. Unfortunately, it seems that the recruiter failed to mention that it's a part-time position. I need a full-time paycheck. Sadcryface

Would it not be worthwhile to take the job anyway - any job is better than none? And there might be a possibility of going full time?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
03-02-2016, 06:49 AM
(03-02-2016 12:29 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-02-2016 07:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Had a wonderful interview with a man yesterday...I was so excited. My skills are just what he needs and the environment is perfect for me. Unfortunately, it seems that the recruiter failed to mention that it's a part-time position. I need a full-time paycheck. Sadcryface

Would it not be worthwhile to take the job anyway - any job is better than none? And there might be a possibility of going full time?

He was going to go over some figures to see if he could swing a full time position...I haven't abandoned all hope. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
03-02-2016, 08:57 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2016 10:19 AM by carol.)
(29-08-2014 12:24 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  When I have a stop sign, and the cross street doesn't, and they stop and wait for me to go. WTAF?!? What backwards country are these people from?

Maine...they are most likely from Maine... it is more neighborly, don't lose your shit over it...we find it fun to slow things down. Evil_monster

In all likelyhood they have rarely seen stop signs that are not four way, are used to country driving on unlit streets with no signs at all on roads that are weather beaten and have different names in different towns (according to local legend) but have no signs posted. They drive 70 MPH till they see some little town and assume it to be a four way stop and 35MPH. They have accomodated by stopping any place where some motherfucker could smash into them...they do not trust other people to stop...

Ah, rural drivingHeart
03-02-2016, 09:29 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2016 03:50 PM by carol.)
My dog Ty is a border collie. I like training dogs, and he was just so happy to learn. He was in agility and was so brilliant-just an amazing dog...now he is old and confused and mostly blind and sore from arthritis...still my sweet old guy and still happy, but he gets up to pee now at 3 am and forgets why he goes outside, and this once intelligent dog is not able to remember much at all-he is in his decline and I miss him already.Sadcryface2Blush
03-02-2016, 03:58 PM
(03-02-2016 09:29 AM)carol Wrote:  My dog Ty is a border collie. I like training dogs, and he was just so happy to learn. He was in agility and was so brilliant-just an amazing dog...now he is old and confused and mostly blind and sore from arthritis...still my sweet old guy and still happy, but he gets up to pee now at 3 am and forgets why he goes outside, and this once intelligent dog is not able to remember much at all-he is in his decline and I miss him already.Sadcryface2Blush
It's hard to see loved one go that way be they human or not.

*Huuuugs*
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
03-02-2016, 04:07 PM
HugHug
(03-02-2016 03:58 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 09:29 AM)carol Wrote:  My dog Ty is a border collie. I like training dogs, and he was just so happy to learn. He was in agility and was so brilliant-just an amazing dog...now he is old and confused and mostly blind and sore from arthritis...still my sweet old guy and still happy, but he gets up to pee now at 3 am and forgets why he goes outside, and this once intelligent dog is not able to remember much at all-he is in his decline and I miss him already.Sadcryface2Blush
It's hard to see loved one go that way be they human or not.

*Huuuugs*

Hug
thank you, love the old fella
03-02-2016, 04:32 PM

Sad Hug

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
03-02-2016, 04:51 PM
(03-02-2016 06:49 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 12:29 AM)morondog Wrote:  Would it not be worthwhile to take the job anyway - any job is better than none? And there might be a possibility of going full time?

He was going to go over some figures to see if he could swing a full time position...I haven't abandoned all hope. Undecided

I think the head hunters get a commission as a percentage of your annual pay. If you take the part time position the employer's obligation ends with the commission based on your part time pay. Then you can work on turning it into a full time position and save the boss some cash.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-02-2016, 06:06 PM
(03-02-2016 04:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 06:49 AM)Anjele Wrote:  He was going to go over some figures to see if he could swing a full time position...I haven't abandoned all hope. Undecided

I think the head hunters get a commission as a percentage of your annual pay. If you take the part time position the employer's obligation ends with the commission based on your part time pay. Then you can work on turning it into a full time position and save the boss some cash.

I called the recruiter today and he said they are negotiating lower fees to try to get me on full time. I am cautiously optimistic. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post