Small things that make you frown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2016, 02:36 PM
RE: Small things that make you frown
(04-02-2016 08:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 11:08 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I have really long eyelashes. They are too long for my glasses and they rub on the lenses all the time. It makes it feel pokey and gets my lenses smeary a lot. If I have my glasses out far enough that they don't rub then they are too far down my nose and my bifocals don't work.

I can't see well enough to trim them myself nor do I trust someone else to do it. Sad

(no I'm not plucking them Tongue )

My mother had that problem. Here's the solution:

[Image: expert-tools_eyelash-curler_pack-shot-crop.png]

That looks like something I'd expect to find in a medieval torturer's dungeon.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
05-02-2016, 07:17 PM
(03-02-2016 06:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 06:37 PM)pablo Wrote:  Ask them if you can do the firing. Thumbsup

Wouldn't that be fun?!?!?!?!?! Evil_monster

Bizarre update on the work front.

The new regional manager and HR guy asked the payroll girl if she and I could do the work the CPA currently does. Of course I was doing it before he started there.

They didn't talk with me because I was only at the office a short time yesterday due to the loss of my dog and they didn't want to trouble me with anything too heavy today but told me get rest this weekend and feel better on Monday.

They want to get rid of the CPA really bad. The regional manager wants to meet with me on Monday and HR guy will be back Wednesday.

So now they are considering keeping me?!?!?!!?

This is why I don't drink. Weeks like this one has been would have sent me to the bottom of a bottle by now.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
05-02-2016, 07:30 PM
(05-02-2016 07:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 06:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Wouldn't that be fun?!?!?!?!?! Evil_monster

The new regional manager and HR guy asked the payroll girl if she and I could do the work the CPA currently does. Of course I was doing it before he started there.

They didn't talk with me because I was only at the office a short time yesterday due to the loss of my dog and they didn't want to trouble me with anything too heavy today but told me get rest this weekend and feel better on Monday.

They want to get rid of the CPA really bad. The regional manager wants to meet with me on Monday and HR guy will be back Wednesday.

This is why I don't drink. Weeks like this one has been would have sent me to the bottom of a bottle by now.

Did I never mention my clairvoyance before?
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
05-02-2016, 07:34 PM

I think there are some signatory requirements that only CPAs can sign. Kinda like a notary public. I also think if they opt for you and payroll girl to replace the CPA, they will pay for your CPA. You have 2 employers who are looking into how they could hire you or keep you on. Means you're doing something right. Thumbsup

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-02-2016, 07:36 PM
(05-02-2016 07:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-02-2016 07:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Bizarre update on the work front.

I think there are some signatory requirements that only CPAs can sign. Kinda like a notary public. I also think if they opt for you to replace them, they will pay for your CPA. You have 2 employers who are looking into how they could hire you or keep you on. Means you're doing something right. Thumbsup

There is a CPA at the corporate office in Denver for those requirements, he would be my new boss. I am a notary, for what it's worth. And thanks Girly, I need a pat on the back right now. Blush

And, as to my previous post, I am going to ground a reference...

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
05-02-2016, 07:40 PM

If they ask you to stay, you could make it a condition that payroll girl is let go, or that she reports to you. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-02-2016, 07:49 PM
(05-02-2016 07:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-02-2016 07:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Bizarre update on the work front.

If they ask you to stay, you could make it a condition that payroll girl is let go, or that she reports to you. Consider

I think the question is 'can she do the payroll parts he was doing' and can I do the other stuff. The answer is that I can pull my weight.

We would have different bosses and they would probably move one of us out of the office we share. I have no business in the payroll/HR office if I am working on neither one and the people from the new company are smart enough to know that.

I would basically be my own department.

Guess I will just wait and see. Unsure

05-02-2016, 07:49 PM
(05-02-2016 07:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(05-02-2016 07:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I think there are some signatory requirements that only CPAs can sign. Kinda like a notary public. I also think if they opt for you to replace them, they will pay for your CPA. You have 2 employers who are looking into how they could hire you or keep you on. Means you're doing something right. Thumbsup

There is a CPA at the corporate office in Denver for those requirements, he would be my new boss. I am a notary, for what it's worth. And thanks Girly, I need a pat on the back right now. Blush

And, as to my previous post, I am going to ground a reference...

They want to keep you and payroll girl but get rid of a wasteful level of middle management.

(05-02-2016 07:49 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I would basically be my own department.

I'd ask for a raise.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-02-2016, 01:12 PM
I think I've missed out on a prime opportunity to write my book. The main character lost her mother some time back and that loss is the MC's prime motivator. Right after my dad died, I felt like I knew this character more intimately and could really understand her motives better. But now I've gotten to the point that I don't really cry anymore over my own loss and don't hurt over it like I was hurting in the beginning. I wanted to write while that feeling was fresh and vivid and now it's kind of gone. Undecided

At least I could have produced something worthwhile from the grief, but now I feel I've squandered a good opportunity to do so.

I want to feel passionate about writing again - to have a character consume me to the point that I *have* to write or else go mad. I miss that feeling, and I don't know that it'll ever come back.

08-02-2016, 12:32 AM
(05-02-2016 07:49 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(05-02-2016 07:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  If they ask you to stay, you could make it a condition that payroll girl is let go, or that she reports to you. Consider

I think the question is 'can she do the payroll parts he was doing' and can I do the other stuff. The answer is that I can pull my weight.

We would have different bosses and they would probably move one of us out of the office we share. I have no business in the payroll/HR office if I am working on neither one and the people from the new company are smart enough to know that.

I would basically be my own department.

Guess I will just wait and see. Unsure

As long as the shitheads are out of your life I'd be cautiously optimistic. Where I'd be suspicious is if the same dickheads are promising to mend their wicked ways.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.