Small things that make you frown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2016, 05:39 AM
RE: Small things that make you frown
(15-03-2016 05:22 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  So I like my new boss, she very nice BUUUT... she a jesus freak. She has a board in her office with a lot of religious stuff pinned to it (at least it's not all over everywhere, just on the corkboard) and a few times a day when something goes right she gives jebus a shout out with, "praise jebus!"

I hope this will not be an issue. Sad

I am already practicing my standard, "I don't discuss religion, sex or politics at work, ever."

Maybe when stuff goes wrong you should shout "Fuck, Jesus!"

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
15-03-2016, 05:49 AM
(15-03-2016 05:22 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  So I like my new boss, she very nice BUUUT... she a jesus freak. She has a board in her office with a lot of religious stuff pinned to it (at least it's not all over everywhere, just on the corkboard) and a few times a day when something goes right she gives jebus a shout out with, "praise jebus!"

I am already practicing my standard, "I don't discuss religion, sex or politics at work, ever."
I find that very funny. It's so foreign to me, that I can't help but to laugh. But it can't be fun to be in such a situation.
*hugs*
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
21-03-2016, 09:41 AM
Small things that make you frown
Happened Saturday. Four of us went to the NC Museum of Natural History (Raleigh, NC). Many people, including the extreme mammals display.

Upstairs there were these evolution displays. A little girl (maybe aged 5) asks her parents if they "believe in cavemen." Mother says no, she does not. She goes on to say that evolution is true, but she doesn't understand human evolution so therefore she does not believe we evolved. Father says there's no proof. Little girl says dinosaurs are real but cavemen weren't real!

I had to walk away. Pisses me off.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
08-04-2016, 05:17 PM
Reaching out to a friend only to have them not even acknowledge you. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-04-2016, 05:28 PM
(08-04-2016 05:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Reaching out to a friend only to have them not even acknowledge you. Sadcryface

Hug

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
08-04-2016, 07:10 PM
My older son just "discovered" Rush.

I know I should be smiling over this, but damn it makes me feel old.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

08-04-2016, 07:53 PM
(15-03-2016 05:39 AM)morondog Wrote:  

Maybe when stuff goes wrong you should shout "Fuck, Jesus!"

I will say the corkboard and jesus have left the building. They disappeared after the first week. Yay!

[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
08-04-2016, 09:06 PM
Two houses across the street from me still have their Christmas lights up.
If they don't feel like taking them down then fine, but they turn them on every night.
Facepalm
08-04-2016, 09:13 PM
(08-04-2016 09:06 PM)pablo Wrote:  Two houses across the street from me still have their Christmas lights up.
If they don't feel like taking them down then fine, but they turn them on every night.
Facepalm

Well, there are only 260 shopping days till Christmas. Can't let people forget that.

For future reference... http://www.xmasclock.com/

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-04-2016, 09:26 PM
(08-04-2016 09:06 PM)pablo Wrote:  Two houses across the street from me still have their Christmas lights up.
Facepalm

There are 6 houses within a 4 block range from me who still have their xmas lights on. I like it. I think I'll join them next year. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post