Small things that make you frown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2016, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2016 05:45 AM by Anjele.)
RE: Small things that make you frown
Spent a part of yesterday and today at the local nursing home. My son-in-law's grandmother took a sudden turn for the worse and was placed on Hospice care. My daughter and son-in-law are useless in serious health situations...still...they completely bailed on me when I was sick. I suppose I hoped they had grown up a bit in the last six years...not so much.

I sat at the home with SIL's mother and grandmother yesterday and was back there this morning as the grandmother died in her sleep around nine. SIL and daughter found every reason they could to not be there. I get that it's not easy...but it is a part of life and pretending it's not happening isn't helpful to anyone. Your new phone purchase can wait as can your friend's 40th birthday party. sigh

Her death was a mercy. At least she didn't linger. I am glad I was at least able to be a presence and someone to talk to. I wasn't close to the grandmother and am not close with the mother...but I sure wasn't going to let the mother be alone through this.

It's been a long couple days. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
13-04-2016, 07:58 PM
Facebook post that showed up on my feed because a coworker commented on it...

I am asking for prayers tomorrow I will be have colon surgery. I have so many support that will be there. I won/t tell a story I am a little scare. But I am putting it in the Lords hands I will try to let my family let everyone know how everything is going on . I want to let my family and friends know I love you all.

Facepalm

Nearly impossible to read but I take it this person is putting her colon in the Lord's hands but is still scared about it. Now that's what I call faith!

Perhaps a doctor should be present...just a thought. Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
13-04-2016, 08:12 PM
(09-04-2016 07:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Spent a part of yesterday and today at the local nursing home. My son-in-law's grandmother took a sudden turn for the worse and was placed on Hospice care. My daughter and son-in-law are useless in serious health situations...still...they completely bailed on me when I was sick. I suppose I hoped they had grown up a bit in the last six years...not so much.

I sat at the home with SIL's mother and grandmother yesterday and was back there this morning as the grandmother died in her sleep around nine. SIL and daughter found every reason they could to not be there. I get that it's not easy...but it is a part of life and pretending it's not happening isn't helpful to anyone. Your new phone purchase can wait as can your friend's 40th birthday party. sigh

Her death was a mercy. At least she didn't linger. I am glad I was at least able to be a presence and someone to talk to. I wasn't close to the grandmother and am not close with the mother...but I sure wasn't going to let the mother be alone through this.

Shit just keeps coming! Hug
13-04-2016, 08:13 PM
(13-04-2016 08:12 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(09-04-2016 07:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Spent a part of yesterday and today at the local nursing home. My son-in-law's grandmother took a sudden turn for the worse and was placed on Hospice care. My daughter and son-in-law are useless in serious health situations...still...they completely bailed on me when I was sick. I suppose I hoped they had grown up a bit in the last six years...not so much.

Shit just keeps coming! Hug

2016 officially sucks...and not in a good way. Dodgy

13-04-2016, 08:27 PM
(13-04-2016 08:13 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(13-04-2016 08:12 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Shit just keeps coming! Hug

2016 officially sucks...and not in a good way. Dodgy

the whole year just blows.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

13-04-2016, 08:32 PM
ManlyGirl's 67 yo best friend got pancreatic cancer. That ain't good. Manly promised to keep her dogs. Girly promised to support Manly.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
13-04-2016, 08:42 PM
(13-04-2016 08:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ManlyGirl's 67 yo best friend got pancreatic cancer. That ain't good. Manly promised to keep her dogs. Girly promised to support Manly.

You are a good man. Love to you and to Manly.

13-04-2016, 11:05 PM
Four hours of sleep.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
13-04-2016, 11:13 PM
(13-04-2016 11:05 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Four hours of sleep.

Sorry. Blush
13-04-2016, 11:18 PM
(13-04-2016 11:13 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(13-04-2016 11:05 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Four hours of sleep.

Sorry. Blush
Yeah, why the fuck did you wake me up? That's uncalled for.