Small things that make you frown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2016, 12:32 PM
RE: Small things that make you frown
(23-04-2016 11:54 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Due to the storm damage that has affected every home in our neighborhood, there are strangers everywhere...construction crews, AC companies, insurance adjusters, guys in trucks and vans with tools and poor English skills.

While doing some outside cleanup we found that someone started to remove a solar screen from the front of the house (where there is no damage). These screens are screwed into the window frame. It's a pretty obvious attempt by someone to try to gain entry. There are some neighbors who are not living in their homes right now so thieves probably figure the area is target rich.

I am tempted to put a sign out that says some to the effect of 'We support the Castle Doctrine'.

It's bad enough to have to deal with unscrupulous construction crews but now we have to look out for those who will break and enter. Dodgy

Also, keep an eye on your dogs. Pet theft happens as well. Sad

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
23-04-2016, 01:02 PM
(23-04-2016 12:32 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 11:54 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Due to the storm damage that has affected every home in our neighborhood, there are strangers everywhere...construction crews, AC companies, insurance adjusters, guys in trucks and vans with tools and poor English skills.

While doing some outside cleanup we found that someone started to remove a solar screen from the front of the house (where there is no damage). These screens are screwed into the window frame. It's a pretty obvious attempt by someone to try to gain entry. There are some neighbors who are not living in their homes right now so thieves probably figure the area is target rich.

I am tempted to put a sign out that says some to the effect of 'We support the Castle Doctrine'.

It's bad enough to have to deal with unscrupulous construction crews but now we have to look out for those who will break and enter. Dodgy

Also, keep an eye on your dogs. Pet theft happens as well. Sad

Good reminder...mine are house dogs and now that Ziggy has taken up swimming Dodgy they are always accompanied when in the yard.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-04-2016, 01:44 PM
When customers try to make a joke but are overly creepy about it.

Like sir, I get that you pulled your chip card out too soon, I don't need to know about what you did 50 years ago with your willy!

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
23-04-2016, 01:53 PM
I've got a small caffeine related headache.

This tells me I need to drink more coffee or not sleep so late on weekends.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-04-2016, 01:40 PM
A friend just said something imminently quotable, but at the same time, it made me frown:
Quote:It's shows how much the world has changed. Thirty years ago science said there was a problem with the environment and ,regardless of political ideology, people listened and went to work saving the ozone. Now? The science is attacked as liberalism; as if liberals wouldn't prefer to live on overconsumption and exploiting the environment like everyone else.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-04-2016, 02:17 PM
My town collects trash every week - recyclables only every other week. This is not exactly encouraging people to recycle. My bet is on those off weeks everyone's got just as much plastic, glass, and paper in their trash as I do.
[+] 3 users Like Mr. Boston's post
25-04-2016, 06:52 PM
(25-04-2016 02:17 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  My town collects trash every week - recyclables only every other week. This is not exactly encouraging people to recycle. My bet is on those off weeks everyone's got just as much plastic, glass, and paper in their trash as I do.

To be fair, if your city is anything like major cities around here, "recycling" isn't actually "recycling". It's super expensive to recycle shit. You have to sort it, clean it and all that which takes a lot of man power. And the amount of money in recycling is going down. So it's far more cost effective to simply landfill the shit. So that's what a lot of cities are sneakily doing.

[Image: oscar.png]
25-04-2016, 06:58 PM
I wish peanut butter really could fix everything. Sometimes I just need something a little (a lot) harder.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
25-04-2016, 10:53 PM
(25-04-2016 06:58 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I wish peanut butter really could fix everything. Sometimes I just need something a little (a lot) harder.

Um. I don't know if peanut butter is gonna solve *that* problem...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-04-2016, 11:04 PM
(25-04-2016 06:58 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I wish peanut butter really could fix everything. Sometimes I just need something a little (a lot) harder.

There must be a peanut butter schnapps.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces