Small things that make you frown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2016, 12:20 PM
RE: Small things that make you frown
Damn...

Not sure if this a first world thing or just sad.

Someone sent me a friend request on fb...one of those friend of a friend things..

Before I accept, I went to their profile. First thing I see is a post about how great Sarah palin is and how Donald should pick her as his running mate.

I assume that must be a joke. Right?

Then I see more stuff some just completely wrong or partially wrong....

Like this person posted that the kid who got grabbed by the alligator in Florida was playing on a blanket on the beach. Someone she knew commented that it wasn't true and the person fired back with a link to "blog" that contained some of the most batshit crazy shit...

Articles from everything from American Family Institute and AIG, to vaccines and fluoride combined cause autism.

The kicker was a lengthy "article" about how no Jews were killed in holocaust.

So.....yeah no....we don't get to be friends.

I'm also considering unfriending the people their fb friends with.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-06-2016, 12:36 PM
(17-06-2016 12:20 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Damn...

Someone sent me a friend request on fb...one of those friend of a friend things..

Before I accept, I went to their profile. First thing I see is a post about how great Sarah palin is and how Donald should pick her as his running mate.

Like this person posted that the kid who got grabbed by the alligator in Florida was playing on a blanket on the beach. Someone she knew commented that it wasn't true and the person fired back with a link to "blog" that contained some of the most batshit crazy shit...

Articles from everything from American Family Institute and AIG, to vaccines and fluoride combined cause autism.

nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
17-06-2016, 12:36 PM
Day three after having problem tooth pulled...not doing well with it.

Have been on a heavy duty antibiotic since Saturday and had to get a stronger pain med yesterday. Went to work all three days and had to leave early as the AC is out and the heat index here is over 100.

When I got home yesterday and changed into cooler clothes I spent three hours trembling with chills under a quilt. Today I left a lot sooner. I will go to the office in the morning for a couple hours to get some things done.

After an evening in a tiny room with the whole crew husband cleaned out the garage (stuff from there and most of the furniture is in a POD in the driveway) and hooked up a portable air conditioner so the dogs have a bigger place to hang out during this process. Were I still Catholic I suppose I could take solace in the fact that I am working off some years in purgatory...never mind...they did away with purgatory. Shit...I was hoping for some sort of payoff.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
17-06-2016, 12:44 PM

I posted a meme on about the shootings in FLA being largely due to homophobia.

The mom in SC who had the party house for teens came back with a snide remark. She has become very 'Christian' in the last few years and it slammed her mind shut.

I got a like from a lady from IA who is my parents' age and quite Catholic. She is one of the most open-minded people I have ever met so I let her attempts to lure me back to the church slide. She is good people and she and her husband are two of the funniest people I know.

Funny how people react to things.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
17-06-2016, 12:51 PM
^ good people are hard to find, and I treasure them as well ^
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
17-06-2016, 12:52 PM
Hope you're feeling better anjele

It's the last day of school here and I'm waiting to get kiddo

Sad

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-06-2016, 12:57 PM
(17-06-2016 12:51 PM)skyking Wrote:  ^ good people are hard to find, and I treasure them as well ^

Every so often I get a FB message from her letting me know that she and 'OldWhat'sHisKnee' think I am a good girl. I'll be 59 in eleven days. Tongue

Since her husband's knee replacement and several complications she has started referring to him as 'OldWhat'sHisKnee'.

I enjoy many of her posts...she frequently makes me laugh out loud.

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
17-06-2016, 01:44 PM

I used to accept friend requests without checking them out first and it bit me a few times. Now everyone gets a close scrutiny, cuz ya never know what kind of crazy has crawled into their brain since the last you've heard from them.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
17-06-2016, 08:22 PM
(17-06-2016 12:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Day three after having problem tooth pulled...not doing well with it.

Have been on a heavy duty antibiotic since Saturday and had to get a stronger pain med yesterday. Went to work all three days and had to leave early as the AC is out and the heat index here is over 100.

When I got home yesterday and changed into cooler clothes I spent three hours trembling with chills under a quilt. Today I left a lot sooner. I will go to the office in the morning for a couple hours to get some things done.

After an evening in a tiny room with the whole crew husband cleaned out the garage (stuff from there and most of the furniture is in a POD in the driveway) and hooked up a portable air conditioner so the dogs have a bigger place to hang out during this process. Were I still Catholic I suppose I could take solace in the fact that I am working off some years in purgatory...never mind...they did away with purgatory. Shit...I was hoping for some sort of payoff.

You're earning another pearl in your crown in heaven. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-06-2016, 10:07 PM
(17-06-2016 08:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-06-2016 12:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Day three after having problem tooth pulled...not doing well with it.

You're earning another pearl in your crown in heaven. Yes

Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post