Small things that make you frown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2016, 12:40 PM
RE: Small things that make you frown
My hair is still brown even though I was going for a bit of a different color. Just a lil lighter brown. Definitely not what I wanted though. At least it didn't come out crazy looking Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2016, 04:43 PM
(12-07-2016 12:40 PM)jennybee Wrote:  My hair is still brown even though I was going for a bit of a different color. Just a lil lighter brown. Definitely not what I wanted though. At least it didn't come out crazy looking Tongue

I figured that would happen. You were going for a color several shades lighter than you hair color. The dye you used managed to do the lightening that has to come first but the red/auburn color didn't take.

For DIY you would be better off to go a couple shades lighter only. But pick a brunette that has some red tones, not ash. After making sure your hair is healthy enough to color again, go for the more red tone.

First you have to basically bleach out dark hair to be able to go to another color.

I have some natural auburn in my hair so it can be easy to take it up a notch but I have to use quality color. To get back to normal, I have to go with an ash coloring and work it back a bit over time.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-07-2016, 06:18 PM
(12-07-2016 04:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(12-07-2016 12:40 PM)jennybee Wrote:  My hair is still brown even though I was going for a bit of a different color. Just a lil lighter brown. Definitely not what I wanted though. At least it didn't come out crazy looking Tongue

I figured that would happen. You were going for a color several shades lighter than you hair color. The dye you used managed to do the lightening that has to come first but the red/auburn color didn't take.

For DIY you would be better off to go a couple shades lighter only. But pick a brunette that has some red tones, not ash. After making sure your hair is healthy enough to color again, go for the more red tone.

First you have to basically bleach out dark hair to be able to go to another color.

I have some natural auburn in my hair so it can be easy to take it up a notch but I have to use quality color. To get back to normal, I have to go with an ash coloring and work it back a bit over time.

I'm going to use two boxes next time too. One just isn't enough for the length of my hair.
12-07-2016, 06:46 PM
Anti-derivatives are different than derivatives! Angry There goes 30 minutes of my time that I'll never get back.

That's usually how it goes for me. I'll solve a problem that (for me) is very complex, and the solution will boil down to something in point slope form that I'm supposed to graph and I'll be like, "how the hell do I solve for intercepts?!" Hobo
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
12-07-2016, 09:20 PM
(12-07-2016 06:46 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Anti-derivatives are different than derivatives! Angry There goes 30 minutes of my time that I'll never get back.

That's usually how it goes for me. I'll solve a problem that (for me) is very complex, and the solution will boil down to something in point slope form that I'm supposed to graph and I'll be like, "how the hell do I solve for intercepts?!" Hobo

The anti of something is different from the something? Sounds like rocket science! J/K, my beginning calculus course was in Fall of 1977. Funny sidebar- We bought a new car for me three weeks ago today. I'm retired, so when the salesman asked me my occupation, I hesitated. My wife quickly interjected, "Rocket Scientist" before I could even answer! Laugh out load While it is technically true, it isn't something I would say, generally.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
13-07-2016, 07:02 AM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2016 07:20 AM by Aliza.)
(12-07-2016 09:20 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(12-07-2016 06:46 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Anti-derivatives are different than derivatives! Angry There goes 30 minutes of my time that I'll never get back.

The anti of something is different from the something? Sounds like rocket science! J/K, my beginning calculus course was in Fall of 1977. Funny sidebar- We bought a new car for me three weeks ago today. I'm retired, so when the salesman asked me my occupation, I hesitated. My wife quickly interjected, "Rocket Scientist" before I could even answer! Laugh out load While it is technically true, it isn't something I would say, generally.

Yeah, what's especially bad is that I noted the integral sign when I wrote it on my paper, in the portion of the problem where I plugged my arrived at values into the arc length formula. And then I proceeded to solve it like a derivative. And I got myself all the way through the problem, and surprise of all surprises, my answer didn't match the back of the book.

I logically accused the book of being wrong, so I checked on Chegg's solution guide. Could not see for the life of me how they were arriving at the answer. So I went to Wolfram Alpha, where I can view the solution step by step. I actually typed, "Integrate from 0 to 2pi". I sat there, dumbfounded as to how they were getting a power of 3/2 and a coefficient of 2/3 when I was clearly getting a power of -1/2 with a coefficient of 1/2. (This should have been a huge clue, yet it was not.) Facepalm

Sometimes you just need to step away from the problem and do something else. Blush

Oh, and if you tell a car salesman that you're a rocket scientist, you'll be paying more for that car. Silly Fireball. Tell them you're a poor high school teacher on a fixed income.
13-07-2016, 09:31 AM
(13-07-2016 07:02 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(12-07-2016 09:20 PM)Fireball Wrote:  The anti of something is different from the something? Sounds like rocket science! J/K, my beginning calculus course was in Fall of 1977. Funny sidebar- We bought a new car for me three weeks ago today. I'm retired, so when the salesman asked me my occupation, I hesitated. My wife quickly interjected, "Rocket Scientist" before I could even answer! Laugh out load While it is technically true, it isn't something I would say, generally.

Yeah, what's especially bad is that I noted the integral sign when I wrote it on my paper, in the portion of the problem where I plugged my arrived at values into the arc length formula. And then I proceeded to solve it like a derivative. And I got myself all the way through the problem, and surprise of all surprises, my answer didn't match the back of the book.

I logically accused the book of being wrong, so I checked on Chegg's solution guide. Could not see for the life of me how they were arriving at the answer. So I went to Wolfram Alpha, where I can view the solution step by step. I actually typed, "Integrate from 0 to 2pi". I sat there, dumbfounded as to how they were getting a power of 3/2 and a coefficient of 2/3 when I was clearly getting a power of -1/2 with a coefficient of -1/2. (This should have been a huge clue, yet it was not.) Facepalm

Sometimes you just need to step away from the problem and do something else. Blush

Oh, and if you tell a car salesman that you're a rocket scientist, you'll be paying more for that car. Silly Fireball. Tell them you're a poor high school teacher on a fixed income.

Oh, we got a good deal. The car was marked up $1500 above MSRP. When the chips are down, the haggling starts. I don't think the poor guy expected it! The look on his face was priceless. Blink I guess he figured we'd just pay the asking price. Oh, no, not me! No
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
13-07-2016, 10:15 AM
Just as the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer it gets snuffed out.

My job was eliminated today. I am now unemployed. Yes, it was a shit job...but it was a job. I will get a little bit of severance. Since I am still getting emails from recruiters I will start looking at them more seriously next week...I am taking the rest of this week off.

It's probably a good thing all the way around since the company is planning to relocate the office to the other side of the city which would increase my weekly commute by over 300 miles and add tolls to my commuting cost.

This was probably HRs way of dealing with my asshole boss because they glossed over his behavior and no one from HR talked to me until today.

2016 really sucks. It's just one thing after another. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
13-07-2016, 10:30 AM
(13-07-2016 10:15 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Just as the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer it gets snuffed out.

My job was eliminated today. I am now unemployed. Yes, it was a shit job...but it was a job. I will get a little bit of severance. Since I am still getting emails from recruiters I will start looking at them more seriously next week...I am taking the rest of this week off.

It's probably a good thing all the way around since the company is planning to relocate the office to the other side of the city which would increase my weekly commute by over 300 miles and add tolls to my commuting cost.

This was probably HRs way of dealing with my asshole boss because they glossed over his behavior and no one from HR talked to me until today.

That sucks. Sad I thought i was going to be fired the other day, but it didn't happen. I went into panic mode until I was cleared though.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
13-07-2016, 10:37 AM
(13-07-2016 10:15 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Just as the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer it gets snuffed out.

Well, shit. Hug I hope it gets better, soon.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post