Small things that make you frown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2016, 05:17 PM
RE: Small things that make you frown
(19-07-2016 05:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I feel like death would be a relief. Sadcryface

Started feeling kind of bad Thursday evening but thought it was from three weeks of breathing dust and dealing with all the stress around me.

Finally pretty much crawled to the ER early Saturday morning after coughing all night and running a fever. Every muscle from my waist up hurts. Doctor was snippy. didn't do anything other than a flu test which I requested. Gave me an antibiotic and an inhaler and said to take Robitussin.

Last night I spent about two hours in the bathroom alternately hacking up a lung and throwing up while I gasped for air. Went to my doctor today. She gave me a breathing treatment that worked for about an hour. Also sent me for chest X-rays that came back fine.

Now I have a prescription for Prednisone and a pill to help prevent so much coughing. No real diagnosis. I haven't slept over three hours in a row since Wednesday night. I was nearly knee-crawling to the pharmacy to get the meds.

I need to look for work but can't even think about trying to go talk with anyone. My pool looks inviting but I am afraid I would have a coughing fit and drown if I got in it.

Everything hurts and I can barely breathe. Sadcryface

I think I will go feel sorry for myself for a while. Weeping

Sad

Hope you feel better.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2016, 05:25 PM
(19-07-2016 05:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I feel like death would be a relief. Sadcryface

Started feeling kind of bad Thursday evening but thought it was from three weeks of breathing dust and dealing with all the stress around me.

Finally pretty much crawled to the ER early Saturday morning after coughing all night and running a fever. Every muscle from my waist up hurts. Doctor was snippy. didn't do anything other than a flu test which I requested. Gave me an antibiotic and an inhaler and said to take Robitussin.

Last night I spent about two hours in the bathroom alternately hacking up a lung and throwing up while I gasped for air. Went to my doctor today. She gave me a breathing treatment that worked for about an hour. Also sent me for chest X-rays that came back fine.

Now I have a prescription for Prednisone and a pill to help prevent so much coughing. No real diagnosis. I haven't slept over three hours in a row since Wednesday night. I was nearly knee-crawling to the pharmacy to get the meds.

I need to look for work but can't even think about trying to go talk with anyone. My pool looks inviting but I am afraid I would have a coughing fit and drown if I got in it.

Sounds like the flu. I'll give you an e-hug. Hug
20-07-2016, 06:39 PM
(19-07-2016 05:25 PM)Fireball Wrote:  

Sounds like the flu. I'll give you an e-hug. Hug

Whatever flus they tested me for came back negative.

At this point I am pretty convinced I am going to die from whatever this is. I have been to the ER and to my doctor. I have taken a round of antibiotics, have an inhaler, and am now on steroids and am getting worse.

I am not sure what to do. Doctor won't give me a cough suppressant because she doesn't want the cough suppressed. Meanwhile...I can't sleep because of the coughing and am often unable to breathe. My head is cloudy and I am weak as a kitten. This is six full days of misery and there has been no relief.

The only thing I know for sure is the chest X-ray showed no masses or pneumonia.

This is not good. Confused

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
20-07-2016, 07:16 PM
(20-07-2016 06:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 05:25 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Sounds like the flu. I'll give you an e-hug. Hug

At this point I am pretty convinced I am going to die from whatever this is. I have been to the ER and to my doctor. I have taken a round of antibiotics, have an inhaler, and am now on steroids and am getting worse.

I am not sure what to do. Doctor won't give me a cough suppressant because she doesn't want the cough suppressed. Meanwhile...I can't sleep because of the coughing and am often unable to breathe. My head is cloudy and I am weak as a kitten. This is six full days of misery and there has been no relief.

The only thing I know for sure is the chest X-ray showed no masses or pneumonia.

Hug Could it be some sort of an allergy to something that you were exposed to during the house repairs?
20-07-2016, 08:34 PM
Could be an allergic reaction to the plaster dust. Did they use a sander or wet sponges? A sander will release a considerable amount of irritating dust into the air. I have taken to using the sander only on small jobs where I can hit the wall and get out before the plaster dust can get to me. The rest of the time I use a wet sponge to avoid the dust.

Then again, it could just be the smell from the new paint. I just cleaned and painted one of our bathrooms, and the smell (reek, really) still lingers after 3 weeks.
20-07-2016, 10:12 PM
(20-07-2016 06:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 05:25 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Sounds like the flu. I'll give you an e-hug. Hug

They don't know what it is, yet they gave you an antibiotic? Consider

That's quackery. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-07-2016, 09:17 AM
(20-07-2016 07:16 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(20-07-2016 06:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Whatever flus they tested me for came back negative.

Hug Could it be some sort of an allergy to something that you were exposed to during the house repairs?

That would be my thought but apparently the doctors aren't hearing me when I tell them about the work that has been done here. In the meantime I spent about three solid hours coughing last night. I am sore all over and my throat is shredded. Heaven forbid they just give me a cough medicine that might allow me to get some sleep. Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
21-07-2016, 09:20 AM
(20-07-2016 08:34 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Could be an allergic reaction to the plaster dust. Did they use a sander or wet sponges? A sander will release a considerable amount of irritating dust into the air. I have taken to using the sander only on small jobs where I can hit the wall and get out before the plaster dust can get to me. The rest of the time I use a wet sponge to avoid the dust.

Then again, it could just be the smell from the new paint. I just cleaned and painted one of our bathrooms, and the smell (reek, really) still lingers after 3 weeks.

There was dust upon dust. We have been constantly changing air filters and it seems to be getting better.

There's really no paint smell. It think it's a combination of all the dust from the drywall work and then the pulling up of the old floor combined that triggered all this. I am still having coughing spells that last from twenty minutes to over three hours and can't seem to get any relief. This really sucks.

21-07-2016, 11:10 AM
The doc doesn't want you to take a cough suppressant because he wants you to get the phlegm out. If the coughing isn't productive, you could get your own OTC suppressant.
21-07-2016, 11:44 AM
(21-07-2016 11:10 AM)pablo Wrote:  The doc doesn't want you to take a cough suppressant because he wants you to get the phlegm out. If the coughing isn't productive, you could get your own OTC suppressant.

I get that but I wouldn't take it all the time...just enough to get a couple hours of sleep. Sadcryface