Small things that make you frown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2016, 01:33 AM
RE: Small things that make you frown
Dogs have to be let out so he can't stay until 5 am even though it's already 1:45. Dodgy

I'm sensing a pattern with men. Even with the ones I think are nice and crazy about me. I think I'm wrong in that assessment.

I need a gay man who hates dogs for companionship and a warm squishy man doll robot for sex. Then my life would be complete.

Ok. Not really. But it would be better. Maybe I need the I'm drunk thread. I just worked all day on the 22nd, my 10 year wedding anniversary, had a terrible day. At least the guy took me out on a nice date. But I'm still going to be alone when I wake up. And my legal spouse is going to be waking up next to his fiancé.

I'm too sober. I shouldn't be able to type right now and autocorrect figure it out.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
23-07-2016, 10:03 AM
That sounds like a "bigass things that makes you frown". Sad

Small thing I know, but in the office to take advantage of the air conditioning. It's sweltering out, in the 90s F before humidity. Anyhow, we have no faculty restroom in this university, only ones that everyone uses, so I go to the bathroom on the third floor near my office. Reach over for toilet paper in a stall...nothing. Oh well, I'm (in theory) alone, try next one, barely any. Try next one, it was there fortunately. But I felt like I was the bear in Goldilocks and the Three Bears, searching for the stall that was just right, because it actually had toilet paper.

(Oh also there's a happy clappy yay God conference going on in town and they've got a few hundred out of state middle schoolers staying on campus and they're loud and everywhere in the hallways, so it's hard/awkward to walk around and get exercise as a 30 year old guy.)

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-07-2016, 02:42 PM
Still sick. It's been two weeks now with only minor improvement.

All I want to do it sleep.

I need to get to the job of job hunting but don't want to do anything but sleep. I have things I need to do around the house and can barely manage to do them. I have pretty much not left the house in days. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
28-07-2016, 08:58 PM
(23-07-2016 12:38 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Meh! I can't sleep. I've been under the influence of a "natural sedative" for the last two weeks but all of a sudden my good old friend insomnia is back. Sadcryface2

Peanut butter therapy is the answer. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-07-2016, 09:05 PM
(28-07-2016 02:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Still sick. It's been two weeks now with only minor improvement.

All I want to do it sleep.

I need to get to the job of job hunting but don't want to do anything but sleep. I have things I need to do around the house and can barely manage to do them. I have pretty much not left the house in days. Undecided

You need to be relentless with your doctor, demand answers. Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
28-07-2016, 09:13 PM
stepped back down off a chair and directly onto Katie dog. While wearing my work boots Sad
She seems OK now but was quite and rightly offended. I'm not small.
03-08-2016, 10:10 PM
Last night of Theology on Tap. Sad

Also during the mixer game before hand, where they tried to make us open up, got "What are you reading now". Went with the Christian book I'm reading now; didn't think Godless would go over well with 3 youth ministers, a priest, and a missionary.

Need to think of a witty signature.
04-08-2016, 08:19 PM
Actually not sure if it makes me frown or what...a friend just shared a post on FB about an open house being held at the house I grew up in from 6th grade through HS. My parents were in that house till around 2000. It wasn't often a happy home but it was home.

The address is what caught my eye...but it's changed so much since it belonged to our family that I had to study the photo.

Kinda weird and a little unsettling. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
04-08-2016, 08:26 PM
(04-08-2016 08:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Actually not sure if it makes me frown or what...a friend just shared a post on FB about an open house being held at the house I grew up in from 6th grade through HS. My parents were in that house till around 2000. It wasn't often a happy home but it was home.

The address is what caught my eye...but it's changed so much since it belonged to our family that I had to study the photo.

I'm facebook friends with the woman who bought my parents house.
After my parents died my brother lived there for a little while and remodeled it before selling to her.
When she posts pictures from inside and around the house it's kinda weird.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
08-08-2016, 07:47 AM
(04-08-2016 08:26 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 08:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Actually not sure if it makes me frown or what...a friend just shared a post on FB about an open house being held at the house I grew up in from 6th grade through HS. My parents were in that house till around 2000. It wasn't often a happy home but it was home.

I'm facebook friends with the woman who bought my parents house.
After my parents died my brother lived there for a little while and remodeled it before selling to her.
When she posts pictures from inside and around the house it's kinda weird.

They are asking $189K for that property! Mom and dad bought it for $18K back in 1969. Holy crap!

My sister was stunned to see the asking price. It's really not a fancy place. The only thing that might interest people is that there are just over three acres and it's in town...that's if they don't know the whole bottom floods and is basically useless for anything other than growing grass (not that kind) and maybe a garden that will in all likelihood get washed away.

I will be interested to find out who buys it and for how much.