Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2016, 11:59 PM
RE: Small things that make you frown
(22-08-2016 04:41 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Dodgy

Hug

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
24-08-2016, 06:11 PM
Job search not going well.

Have had some interviews...one place wanted someone who could be with them as long as their former bookkeeper - 30 years - yeah, probably not.

Yesterday I had an interview at a place where I would really like to work. The owner was emailing me up until 7:30 last night, even asked when I could start.

Today the recruiter called and said he hired a person he interviewed today. Undecided

I have one more paycheck coming and no prospects.

This sucks.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
24-08-2016, 06:51 PM
Hug I hope things look up before that check...

---
Channel surfing, landed on local Evangelical channel. "Jurassic Park or Jesus?"...

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
24-08-2016, 07:45 PM
(24-08-2016 06:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Job search not going well.

Have had some interviews...one place wanted someone who could be with them as long as their former bookkeeper - 30 years - yeah, probably not.

Yesterday I had an interview at a place where I would really like to work. The owner was emailing me up until 7:30 last night, even asked when I could start.

Today the recruiter called and said he hired a person he interviewed today. Undecided

This sucks.

Tell them you will work for them forever. There's no way they can call you a liar, if anything happens downstream. It is unlawful for an employer to insist on the longevity of your employment. Not that that helps you any.
24-08-2016, 07:56 PM
(24-08-2016 07:45 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 06:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Job search not going well.

This sucks.

Tell them you will work for them forever. There's no way they can call you a liar, if anything happens downstream. It is unlawful for an employer to insist on the longevity of your employment. Not that that helps you any.

I am 59...30 years is a bit optimist. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
24-08-2016, 08:32 PM
(24-08-2016 07:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 07:45 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Tell them you will work for them forever. There's no way they can call you a liar, if anything happens downstream. It is unlawful for an employer to insist on the longevity of your employment. Not that that helps you any.

Then it their loss, though that doesn't help you much. All I ever ask in a (fellow) employee is competence and don't fuck with me. I worked at a major corporation for decades, and those expectations never seemed to be what management had in mind. We could have gotten at least twice the work done if people quit screwing around and did their jobs. Before the internet, it was reading books, and just plain goofing off instead of doing their jobs. My wife works at the corporate office of a major bank, and she sees people sitting there watching sports and movies all day on their cell phones. She wouldn't normally see it, but they are all packed into little cubicles where one can see into the next what a person is doing. How those people don't get canned on the spot is beyond me.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
24-08-2016, 08:36 PM
(24-08-2016 07:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 07:45 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Tell them you will work for them forever. There's no way they can call you a liar, if anything happens downstream. It is unlawful for an employer to insist on the longevity of your employment. Not that that helps you any.

No one stays at a job for 30 years these days. They're fooling themselves. Remind your prospective future employer of that and ask them if they want a position filled with a revolving door of wet-behind-the-ears employees for the next thirty years, or one stable, loyal employee with 30 years of experience?
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
24-08-2016, 09:48 PM
(24-08-2016 08:36 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 07:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am 59...30 years is a bit optimist. Undecided

No one stays at a job for 30 years these days. They're fooling themselves. Remind your prospective future employer of that and ask them if they want a position filled with a revolving door of wet-behind-the-ears employees for the next thirty years, or one stable, loyal employee with 30 years of experience?

FWIW, when I got laid off from my aerospace job in '91, I interviewed at a dealership for a mechanic job that I was overqualified for. The interviewer (the service manager) told me straight up that he wouldn't hire me because the minute the job market turned around, that I would leave. As if any other person interviewing for that job wouldn't do the same, given better circumstances!
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post