Small things that make you frown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2016, 08:27 PM
RE: Small things that make you frown
I feel so run down today. I stayed in bed and slept on and off all day long. My body aches, my limbs are tired and my brain feels foggy. Blah. Sad
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-08-2016, 08:49 PM
(27-08-2016 08:27 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I feel so run down today. I stayed in bed and slept on and off all day long. My body aches, my limbs are tired and my brain feels foggy. Blah. Sad

Oh no Sad Hope you feel better

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
29-08-2016, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2016 06:28 PM by Shai Hulud.)
Youth Minister friend from home posted a link about one of his former youth group kids being arrested for murder and telling people to pray for him, that he's not the type to do this sort of thing. Uh dude, he shoved a sword through his brother in front of the rest of the family (allegedly, innocent until proven guilty in our system), he's going to need a good lawyer more than your prayers that the cops decide he didn't do what his own parents saw him do. Or if you want to pray, try praying for a good lawyer and the ability to prove it was some sort of psychotic break that mitigates some of the responsibility for his actions.

Edit: I just realized why the names sounded so familiar. One of my old roommate's best friends is the brother/stepbrother to the victim and alleged killer.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
29-08-2016, 08:08 PM
My wife works in a long term health care facility, in the palliative care wing.

She's been working as a health care aid for 25 yrs, 15 yrs in that wing, I honestly don't know how she does it. She's well known now for being really good at dealing with the toughest patients.

Last Thursday she was asked if she was willing to transfer to another wing for 6 weeks to see if she can help with an new patient that nobody else seems to be able to deal with.

He is a very angry man at everyone and everything, and rightly so...He turned 65 just a few months ago and retired, he was hit by a car while crossing the street. The driver was texting and driving.

He's now pretty much paralysed from the waist down. I'm waiting up for her to see how her first day went.

A friend in the hole
"I'll be back when I want it...not when I need it." - Hawkeye
"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
29-08-2016, 08:19 PM
(29-08-2016 08:08 PM)unsapien Wrote:  My wife works in a long term health care facility, in the palliative care wing.

She's been working as a health care aid for 25 yrs, 15 yrs in that wing, I honestly don't know how she does it. She's well known now for being really good at dealing with the toughest patients.

Last Thursday she was asked if she was willing to transfer to another wing for 6 weeks to see if she can help with an new patient that nobody else seems to be able to deal with.

He is a very angry man at everyone and everything, and rightly so...He turned 65 just a few months ago and retired, he was hit by a car while crossing the street. The driver was texting and driving.

He's now pretty much paralysed from the waist down. I'm waiting up for her to see how her first day went.

People like your wife are very special people. What she does is a very difficult job.

Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
02-09-2016, 01:00 AM
Once again, an old complaint....stupid people make me frown.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-09-2016, 06:00 AM
(02-09-2016 01:00 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Once again, an old complaint....stupid people make me frown.
Lots of them around, especially in supermarkets!

(Yeah, just, barely, survived another shopping expedition and the chariot has a new dent :weepingSmile

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
02-09-2016, 02:13 PM
After two meetings worth of "woe to us is the budget", the uni sent us all an email to come check out our brand new multi-thousand dollar camera drone. Now granted, I'm pretty sure it comes out of a different "pot" so to speak than say...the faculty, where we can't afford to replace the empty position in Sociology due to the Governor's continued cuts, but still.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-09-2016, 08:50 PM
[Image: peanut-butter-jar.gif?w=450]

Shit!
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
02-09-2016, 09:18 PM
(02-09-2016 08:50 PM)Aliza Wrote:  [Image: peanut-butter-jar.gif?w=450]

Shit!

I'm a person of a certain age, so I haven't clue what this means.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post