Small things that make you frown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2016, 09:22 PM
RE: Small things that make you frown
(02-09-2016 09:18 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(02-09-2016 08:50 PM)Aliza Wrote:  [Image: peanut-butter-jar.gif?w=450]

Shit!

I'm a person of a certain age, so I haven't clue what this means.

No, you're reading too far into it. I'm out of peanut butter.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
02-09-2016, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2016 09:53 PM by Fireball.)
(02-09-2016 09:22 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(02-09-2016 09:18 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I'm a person of a certain age, so I haven't clue what this means.

No, you're reading too far into it. I'm out of peanut butter.

I never in my whole life would have guessed that that was an empty PB jar!
Laugh out load Give me your address and I'll send you a case of your favorite PB, be it creamy or crunchy! No strings attached!

Except for the bit where you are cool, calm and collected. And have had your PB fix. Confused
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
03-09-2016, 08:30 AM
So little Mr. Ziggy has not been allowed upstairs in a while because, well, he is Ziggy. He is still in chew mode and it's just better to keep him on one floor of the house where he has learned, somewhat, to follow the rules.

Husband let him go upstairs last night because Ziggy wants to so bad...Karma gets to go up there and he looks so sad when he isn't able to follow her.

So he leaped up onto the bed, hiked his leg, and peed on the pillows and the comforter...the comforter that has to be dry cleaned and won't fit into the washer anyway. Off I go to the dry cleaners. Dodgy

Zig will remain a first floor dog. Confused

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
03-09-2016, 09:25 AM
The Science Channel Keeps presenting shows that kind of casually "mix" real science with lore, religion... basically, any superstition that might get them ratings, I guess. They make these shows all dramatic, too - like "Oh wow - this shit just might be real!!" They might just as well say, "Well, sure there was a massive flood so, all those bible stories really are factual!" Facepalm

I guess they think they can get away with it because they title the show using the word, "Unexplained". Just because it's unexplained doesn't mean it has anything to do with biblical or quranic lore or Atlantis lore. Pretty sure this confuses tons of viewers... especially kids. A guy I work with is certain the ancient Egyptians had help from aliens to build the pyramids. He's certain of this because: he saw a fucking show. Undecided

I really wish they'd get off that shit. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
03-09-2016, 09:36 AM
(03-09-2016 09:25 AM)kim Wrote:  The Science Channel Keeps presenting shows that kind of casually "mix" real science with lore, religion... basically, any superstition that might get them ratings, I guess. They make these shows all dramatic, too - like "Oh wow - this shit just might be real!!" They might just as well say, "Well, sure there was a massive flood so, all those bible stories really are factual!" Facepalm

I guess they think they can get away with it because they title the show using the word, "Unexplained". Just because it's unexplained doesn't mean it has anything to do with biblical or quranic lore or Atlantis lore. Pretty sure this confuses tons of viewers... especially kids. A guy I work with is certain the ancient Egyptians had help from aliens to build the pyramids. He's certain of this because: he saw a fucking show. Undecided

I really wish they'd get off that shit. Dodgy

Well, maybe they're trying to trick certain people into watching so they can surprise them with new information. Like, "OMG! This white cloth is claimed to be the shroud of turin! Let's test it and see what we find!" (Only to find that it's a 14th century fake).

.... On the other hand, that never works. I once got a frantic phone call from a "concerned Christian" who had me watch a show like that because it offered "scientific proof" that Jesus was real. We watched it together and we both managed to walk away with a totally different message. Maybe those shows present information in such a way that they're open to interpretation.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
03-09-2016, 11:26 AM
(03-09-2016 08:30 AM)Anjele Wrote:  So little Mr. Ziggy has not been allowed upstairs in a while because, well, he is Ziggy. He is still in chew mode and it's just better to keep him on one floor of the house where he has learned, somewhat, to follow the rules.

Husband let him go upstairs last night because Ziggy wants to so bad...Karma gets to go up there and he looks so sad when he isn't able to follow her.

So he leaped up onto the bed, hiked his leg, and peed on the pillows and the comforter...the comforter that has to be dry cleaned and won't fit into the washer anyway. Off I go to the dry cleaners. Dodgy

I can imagine an ASPCA type commercial to donate and help Ziggy get to the second floor.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
03-09-2016, 11:54 AM
People who already walk in front of me very slowly when I cannot pass but then they abruptly stop for no good reason. I want to slap them!
People who are in such a huge hurry that they will pass you slowly and then equally slowly cross your walking path right in front of you instead of passing you on the other side to begin with. I want to slap them as well!
People who have to yield (now traffic) but they disagree with that traffic sign so they want to cut into busy traffic and when it doesn't work out for them and they are forced to let the cars pass, they honk. Can someone please remove them from the car and punch them in the fucking mouth?

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
03-09-2016, 12:17 PM
(03-09-2016 11:54 AM)Leela Wrote:  People who already walk in front of me very slowly when I cannot pass but then they abruptly stop for no good reason. I want to slap them!
People who are in such a huge hurry that they will pass you slowly and then equally slowly cross your walking path right in front of you instead of passing you on the other side to begin with. I want to slap them as well!
People who have to yield (now traffic) but they disagree with that traffic sign so they want to cut into busy traffic and when it doesn't work out for them and they are forced to let the cars pass, they honk. Can someone please remove them from the car and punch them in the fucking mouth?
It gets worse if you are using an electric invalid scooter, as I was for a while.
This should really be a rant, but...

You pick a path along the sidewalk that you think will inconvenience others the least. Oh, oh, the person walking towards you wants to walk precisely on the sane line, for no apparent reason, and will not deviate. You are the one that has to move, you have to everything you would do whilst driving, check behind and beside you on both sides, manouver carefully, all the time aware that any other pedestrian can walk into your path from any direction.

Watch especially for the ones that are using their phones or liable to walk backwards or sideways without looking (lots and lots and lots of people do just that!)

Even if they walk into you, because you cannot dodge sideways or stop quickly, just guess who's fucking fault it is!!!!!

I could see why other users just pointed the vehicle in the direction they wanted to go and wound the throttle open, forcing all pedestrians to get out of their way.

There are times when good manners and consideration for others does not work!

Please, if you see an invalid vehicle remember they cannot move as agiley as you, cannot stop dead, need a bit more width. Give them a wide berth or pause for a second and let them pass. If they are like me you will get an appreciative smile and a "Thank you".

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
03-09-2016, 01:32 PM
People in general who see you coming and seem to deliberately get in your way. Dodgy

I know a guy who has an electric wheel chair, and he tells of people not budging for him. He's 80+ YO, and will simply run into them if they are that stupid.

I was at a store buying some clothes and a guy in a wheel chair was telling me about getting hit. He needs a stick to push the button for the crosswalk so he has more time to cross. He wasn't all the way across the street, and when the light changed, a driver hit the gas and drove right into him. Paying close attention. No
The cops and EMTs asked him how he could avoid having it happen in the future. Rolleyes Maybe people ought to look where they are going? Ya think?!
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
03-09-2016, 03:08 PM
(03-09-2016 11:26 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(03-09-2016 08:30 AM)Anjele Wrote:  So little Mr. Ziggy has not been allowed upstairs in a while because, well, he is Ziggy. He is still in chew mode and it's just better to keep him on one floor of the house where he has learned, somewhat, to follow the rules.

I can imagine an ASPCA type commercial to donate and help Ziggy get to the second floor.

Yeah, poor thing is terribly mistreated. Dodgy

Little shit...he is a stubborn one. He's going to have to be happy with most of the downstairs and the whole yard.

I'll probably be arrested for animal abuse. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post