• 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2016, 05:10 PM
RE: Small things that make you frown
Uncle Possum? Juice? Muffin? Unsure Hobo

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2016, 06:26 PM
(16-09-2016 04:44 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I hate that there was a vehicle accident and it sounds like a young child is in grave danger. It's a sad situation.

This was posted on FB earlier...this is the sort of language skills I was expected to deal with every day during the twenty plus years I was in SC. I had to read this twice and look at the pictures to figure out what was actually being said.

God knows I almost had a heart attack this morning as I'm driving Bryan to the doctor this morning to check on his arm I drive up on uncle possum truck then found out later that it was juice and his little girl muffin God please hold them in your arms tha baby really need your prayers they're not looking for her to make it everybody please have a blessed and safe day& pray for her
Can I have a translation? Blink Like was a kid hurt or okay? Guessing okay from context clue by you hating it for sounding that way.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-09-2016, 06:58 PM
(16-09-2016 06:26 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(16-09-2016 04:44 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I hate that there was a vehicle accident and it sounds like a young child is in grave danger. It's a sad situation.

This was posted on FB earlier...this is the sort of language skills I was expected to deal with every day during the twenty plus years I was in SC. I had to read this twice and look at the pictures to figure out what was actually being said.

God knows I almost had a heart attack this morning as I'm driving Bryan to the doctor this morning to check on his arm I drive up on uncle possum truck then found out later that it was juice and his little girl muffin God please hold them in your arms tha baby really need your prayers they're not looking for her to make it everybody please have a blessed and safe day& pray for her
Can I have a translation? Blink Like was a kid hurt or okay? Guessing okay from context clue by you hating it for sounding that way.

The best I can do is...the person writing this was taking Bryan to the doctor to have the doctor check on his arm (no idea why). They came upon the scene of a an accident involving a truck that belongs to Uncle Possum. I don't know why it wasn't till later, or how much later, the writer found out that Uncle Possum wasn't the one driving the truck at the time of the wreck. It was being driven by someone named Juice and his young daughter, Muffin, was injured seriously in the accident. The outlook isn't good for the child and prayers are requested. But the writer wants everyone to have a safe and blessed day.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
16-09-2016, 07:25 PM
Thanks! Though even with the translation my first thought is now mirroring Escape Artist's thoughts...Uncle Possum, Juice, Muffin, etc. And the last two things are...wow.

16-09-2016, 08:25 PM
It's a real testimony to the ability of programmers to develop a platform where functionally illiterate people can post their thoughts and actions. Next developed will be software that can actually derive intelligible content from said posts.

[/obfuscatory language post]
17-09-2016, 05:12 AM
(16-09-2016 06:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It was being driven by someone named Juice and his young daughter, Muffin, was injured seriously in the accident.

Oh. I was parsing it as
...Juice and his little girl. Muffin God, please hold them.."
and I was wondering if the muffin god was related to the muffin man

Consider

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
17-09-2016, 09:44 AM
(17-09-2016 05:12 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(16-09-2016 06:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It was being driven by someone named Juice and his young daughter, Muffin, was injured seriously in the accident.

Oh. I was parsing it as
...Juice and his little girl. Muffin God, please hold them.."
and I was wondering if the muffin god was related to the muffin man

Consider

Do you know the Muffin Man? I heard he lives on Drury Lane.

[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
17-09-2016, 10:02 AM
The "check engine" light continues to nag me. I'm not too upset by it - just annoyed. Dodgy
What makes me most uncomfortable is the fact the service guy where I've taken it (who previously had it for over a week to figure it out) advises that it's safe to drive as long as it's not flashing.

I'm really getting annoyed with having to go through life, annoyed. Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
17-09-2016, 10:44 AM
(17-09-2016 10:02 AM)kim Wrote:  The "check engine" light continues to nag me. I'm not too upset by it - just annoyed. Dodgy
What makes me most uncomfortable is the fact the service guy where I've taken it (who previously had it for over a week to figure it out) advises that it's safe to drive as long as it's not flashing.

I have gone through the 'check engine' light thing before that can't seem to be diagnosed. In my old Blazer no one could figure out what was wrong...I repaired/replaced nearly everything in it. When I couldn't get it to pass inspection here it became my daughter's. Supposedly it was some emissions issue that wouldn't pass in TX but was fine in SC. Dodgy I really liked my little Blazer.

Then the same thing started happening in my HHR...I figured I was cursed in some way. Turns out I was tightening the gas cap too tight. A good cleaning of the gas cap (because the aftermarket one didn't fix the problem) and all was right with the world again as long as I only turned it one click. It was some guy at Autozone who let me know the whole issue could be the gas cap.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
17-09-2016, 11:09 AM
(17-09-2016 10:44 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(17-09-2016 10:02 AM)kim Wrote:  The "check engine" light continues to nag me. I'm not too upset by it - just annoyed. Dodgy

I have gone through the 'check engine' light thing before that can't seem to be diagnosed. In my old Blazer no one could figure out what was wrong...I repaired/replaced nearly everything in it. When I couldn't get it to pass inspection here it became my daughter's. Supposedly it was some emissions issue that wouldn't pass in TX but was fine in SC. Dodgy I really liked my little Blazer.

Then the same thing started happening in my HHR...I figured I was cursed in some way. Turns out I was tightening the gas cap too tight. A good cleaning of the gas cap (because the aftermarket one didn't fix the problem) and all was right with the world again as long as I only turned it one click. It was some guy at Autozone who let me know the whole issue could be the gas cap.

Unfortunately there are 100's of things that can turn on your check engine light, my engine light comes on anytime there is a big overnight drop in the temperature (it's happened for the last 2 years), we figure it's condensation build up in wiring or control module somewhere but it goes away after the engine warms up (and the moisture evaporates), it's annoying but my car is too old to waste money finding the problem.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard