Small things that make you frown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2016, 11:18 AM
RE: Small things that make you frown
(17-09-2016 10:44 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(17-09-2016 10:02 AM)kim Wrote:  The "check engine" light continues to nag me. I'm not too upset by it - just annoyed. Dodgy
What makes me most uncomfortable is the fact the service guy where I've taken it (who previously had it for over a week to figure it out) advises that it's safe to drive as long as it's not flashing.

I'm really getting annoyed with having to go through life, annoyed. Undecided

I have gone through the 'check engine' light thing before that can't seem to be diagnosed. In my old Blazer no one could figure out what was wrong...I repaired/replaced nearly everything in it. When I couldn't get it to pass inspection here it became my daughter's. Supposedly it was some emissions issue that wouldn't pass in TX but was fine in SC. Dodgy I really liked my little Blazer.

Then the same thing started happening in my HHR...I figured I was cursed in some way. Turns out I was tightening the gas cap too tight. A good cleaning of the gas cap (because the aftermarket one didn't fix the problem) and all was right with the world again as long as I only turned it one click. It was some guy at Autozone who let me know the whole issue could be the gas cap.

Yea - I was going to work with the gas cap as a last resort. The thing is... I am actually WILLING for it to be something more costly. If it's just the gas cap, it can continue (as it has) even after it's been taken care of. A gas cap thing will always be a temporary issue, always requiring a temporary fix.

For once, I'm looking for stability and security here, not adventure. Pretty sure that's the thing that actually makes me frown. Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2016, 11:42 AM
(17-09-2016 11:18 AM)kim Wrote:  
(17-09-2016 10:44 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I have gone through the 'check engine' light thing before that can't seem to be diagnosed. In my old Blazer no one could figure out what was wrong...I repaired/replaced nearly everything in it. When I couldn't get it to pass inspection here it became my daughter's. Supposedly it was some emissions issue that wouldn't pass in TX but was fine in SC. Dodgy I really liked my little Blazer.

Then the same thing started happening in my HHR...I figured I was cursed in some way. Turns out I was tightening the gas cap too tight. A good cleaning of the gas cap (because the aftermarket one didn't fix the problem) and all was right with the world again as long as I only turned it one click. It was some guy at Autozone who let me know the whole issue could be the gas cap.

Yea - I was going to work with the gas cap as a last resort. The thing is... I am actually WILLING for it to be something more costly. If it's just the gas cap, it can continue (as it has) even after it's been taken care of. A gas cap thing will always be a temporary issue, always requiring a temporary fix.

For once, I'm looking for stability and security here, not adventure. Pretty sure that's the thing that actually makes me frown. Undecided

What made me frown is that it could have been the gas cap thing on my Blazer and I could have kept driving it...without a car payment. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
27-09-2016, 04:38 PM
My grandson drove his Thomas The Train through the safety gate (real safe huh?) fell down the stairs and broke his nose. Facepalm
He seems okay now though, but I bet he'll be hurting later.

[Image: FvKccOc.jpg]
[Image: hZo6yqC.jpg]
27-09-2016, 04:55 PM
(27-09-2016 04:38 PM)pablo Wrote:  My grandson drove his Thomas The Train through the safety gate (real safe huh?) fell down the stairs and broke his nose. Facepalm

Yikes. That could have been way worse.
27-09-2016, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2016 05:36 PM by Aliza.)
Poor kid! I hope he makes a speedy recovery. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
27-09-2016, 05:43 PM
(27-09-2016 04:55 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(27-09-2016 04:38 PM)pablo Wrote:  My grandson drove his Thomas The Train through the safety gate (real safe huh?) fell down the stairs and broke his nose. Facepalm

Yikes. That could have been way worse.

I agree, I never trusted those gates much when mine were little.
27-09-2016, 05:45 PM
(27-09-2016 05:28 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Poor kid! I hope he makes a speedy recovery. Smile

I think he'll be fine, he's pretty resilient. Yes
27-09-2016, 05:47 PM
(27-09-2016 05:45 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(27-09-2016 05:28 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Poor kid! I hope he makes a speedy recovery. Smile

I think he'll be fine, he's pretty resilient. Yes

Plus, he gets to tell the story of the time he flew a locomotive and only got a broken nose!
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
04-10-2016, 07:43 PM
That feeling when you realize your best friend is going to be voting for Trump. Confused

04-10-2016, 08:26 PM
(04-10-2016 07:43 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  That feeling when you realize your best friend is going to be voting for Trump. Confused

Hug
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post