RE: Small things that make you frown
All you girls take care of yourselves, hear? Damn. Get better soon. Hug
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
22-10-2016, 02:03 PM
Loose versus Lose Facepalm

Loosing my religion = not as tight as before?

[Image: 1e9.png]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 8 users Like Full Circle's post
22-10-2016, 03:45 PM
I made the comment that I might drive to mall to go to one certain store to pick something up. Do you know the last time I have been to a mall? I don't remember the last time. I pretty much shop online or within about 5 miles from home.

Yes, I can order what I want online but it's really nice out and I thought I would get out of the house for a while.

Why must this be questioned? Why can't I go a whole eight miles from the house, pick up what I want, and come home?

It's ordered. I'll not leave the house again till I go to work Monday.

Sadcryface

Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
22-10-2016, 05:57 PM
People who say shit on FB, "I'm not looking for a debate"

Might as well say "only reply if you agree with me or I'll remove your comment."

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-10-2016, 06:30 PM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2016 07:34 PM by Shai Hulud.)
I hate to say this, given EWTN's role in my conversion to Catholicism, but perhaps the IRS needs to investigate their 501©3 status. The station canceled an interview with a third party presidential candidate, citing its fears of impacting nonprofit status, only to turn around and begin advertising their interview with Donald Trump. This comes not long after the firing of two long time contributors to their National Catholic Register newspaper, who just happened to be espousing anti-Trump viewpoints. The network is essentially endorsing a candidate.

Edit: Did I mention said candidate was from the American Solidarity Party? It's a party founded on Catholic teaching. So they threw the Catholic under the bus in order to worship at the altar of the Orange Prophet.

Edit 2: ASP is confirming on its Facebook page and has issued a statement.

Quote:We would like to confirm that Mike Maturen was indeed scheduled for an interview on Morning Glory Radio, a program associated with EWTN, and that the interview was canceled, supposedly because of concerns that interviewing any candidates would endanger their tax exempt status. We believed at the time that this was not a valid concern, given that religious media sources often interview candidates for informational purposes. We believe that Mr Maturen is worthy of an interview on EWTN even as a minor party candidate because much of his campaign is based on his adherence to Catholic social teaching, but we would have understood if one was not granted because of a clear decision not to cover minor party candidates. However, given their current rationale, we find it unfortunate that EWTN has scheduled an interview with Donald Trump. Here is an article on this matter.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
25-10-2016, 11:14 PM
(25-10-2016 06:30 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I hate to say this, given EWTN's role in my conversion to Catholicism

Conversion by TV channel... that's a new one Consider

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-10-2016, 06:37 AM
(25-10-2016 11:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(25-10-2016 06:30 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I hate to say this, given EWTN's role in my conversion to Catholicism

Conversion by TV channel... that's a new one Consider

Hardly a solely TV channel thing, but did watch a lot of their programming when I had wanted to hear things explained. Tongue They've always leaned conservative, but they took a giant right hand turn when the nun who founded them, died.

26-10-2016, 08:44 AM
(26-10-2016 06:37 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(25-10-2016 11:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  Conversion by TV channel... that's a new one Consider

Hardly a solely TV channel thing, but did watch a lot of their programming when I had wanted to hear things explained. Tongue They've always leaned conservative, but they took a giant right hand turn when the nun who founded them, died.

Converted by a propaganda organ. Who'd a thought? Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
28-10-2016, 01:22 PM
Speaking of propaganda organs... Drinking Beverage R/Catholicism on Reddit amused me earlier, a guy who posted a reaction video to Jaclyn Glenn, hoping to leach off her popularity, posted there saying she had slandered against him and to watch his 30 minute rebuttal of the whole...3 minutes or so, she spent on his video. General reaction in the thread: Meh, it's not slander.

29-10-2016, 10:10 AM
I'm not real sure why I took a shower. I am heading out to vote and I am pretty confident that I am going to feel like I need a shower afterward. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post