Small things that make you frown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2016, 11:36 AM
RE: Small things that make you frown
Thank you guys.

I'm here with him now, he's being his usual pain in the ass so I might be stuck with him for a while. Tests being run, expected to be in the ICU a day or two longer.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
06-11-2016, 07:51 AM
Doctors believe he has cardiomyopathy. https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-.../topics/cm

Outlook

Some people who have cardiomyopathy have no signs or symptoms and need no treatment. For other people, the disease develops quickly, symptoms are severe, and serious complications occur.

Treatments for cardiomyopathy include lifestyle changes, medicines, surgery, implanted devices to correct arrhythmias, and a nonsurgical procedure. These treatments can control symptoms, reduce complications, and stop the disease from getting worse.

Undecided

Headed out to see him soon. I really hope he stays around for a few more years. Mom will be devastated when it happens, I can see me spending a lot of time with her so she doesn’t feel alone and lonely. This getting old shit sucks.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
06-11-2016, 10:07 AM
(06-11-2016 07:51 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Doctors believe he has cardiomyopathy. https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-.../topics/cm

Outlook

Some people who have cardiomyopathy have no signs or symptoms and need no treatment. For other people, the disease develops quickly, symptoms are severe, and serious complications occur.

Treatments for cardiomyopathy include lifestyle changes, medicines, surgery, implanted devices to correct arrhythmias, and a nonsurgical procedure. These treatments can control symptoms, reduce complications, and stop the disease from getting worse.

Undecided

Headed out to see him soon. I really hope he stays around for a few more years. Mom will be devastated when it happens, I can see me spending a lot of time with her so she doesn’t feel alone and lonely. This getting old shit sucks.

Gettin' old ain't for sissies. Good to see that modern medicine is helping your father.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
06-11-2016, 01:52 PM
Zig and Karm are pouting and mad at me.

It's ear cleaning day. They hate that...only slightly more than I do. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
06-11-2016, 02:25 PM
Feeling a shade guilty... So, I'll take out what is essentially a credit card to get my tooth issues taken care of, but I wouldn't do that to get braces that my daughter would like? I hate financing something like my dental work, but I had justified it to myself by the reasoning that as my children's provider, I need to make sure I am in decent health to continue providing. As of now, my teeth are not hurting, but an infection is the next step in the process and if it turned nasty, well... that could get really bad. So I figured it is honestly the morally correct thing to do to get my problem fixed before it gets even more expensive or causes me to be out of work or seriously ill.

I viewed my daughter's wanting braces as just that - a want. She is not in pain from her teeth or anything like that. But at the same time, neither am I with my own teeth. Bleh. I am kind of rambling. Will be glad when I get all my dental work done and the financing paid off. That'll teach me to put off dental work again.

Anyway, just been feeling down today and I think it is tied to the getting my dental work financed thing. It's not like I am getting braces or anything, or like I am putting my own wants ahead of my child's. I feel like my dental issue is a need whereas her wanting braces is cosmetic and purely a want (at least at this point, there is no medical need for her to have them). Damn this stupid mom thing and feeling guilty about doing much of anything for yourself. Sad

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
06-11-2016, 02:33 PM
(06-11-2016 02:25 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Feeling a shade guilty... So, I'll take out what is essentially a credit card to get my tooth issues taken care of, but I wouldn't do that to get braces that my daughter would like? I hate financing something like my dental work, but I had justified it to myself by the reasoning that as my children's provider, I need to make sure I am in decent health to continue providing. As of now, my teeth are not hurting, but an infection is the next step in the process and if it turned nasty, well... that could get really bad. So I figured it is honestly the morally correct thing to do to get my problem fixed before it gets even more expensive or causes me to be out of work or seriously ill.

I viewed my daughter's wanting braces as just that - a want. She is not in pain from her teeth or anything like that. But at the same time, neither am I with my own teeth. Bleh. I am kind of rambling. Will be glad when I get all my dental work done and the financing paid off. That'll teach me to put off dental work again.

Anyway, just been feeling down today and I think it is tied to the getting my dental work financed thing. It's not like I am getting braces or anything, or like I am putting my own wants ahead of my child's. I feel like my dental issue is a need whereas her wanting braces is cosmetic and purely a want (at least at this point, there is no medical need for her to have them). Damn this stupid mom thing and feeling guilty about doing much of anything for yourself. Sad

It depends on how misaligned her teeth are. My oldest has pretty straight teeth with a tiny gap between the front two. Not really worth the effort. I thought my youngest should get braces but he didn't want them. My middle one's teeth grew in where no two were in line. Every tooth was slanted in a different direction. She would not smile for pictures and was very self-conscious about her teeth. Braces were the right thing for her.

As for fillings and root canals for you...yeah, that is definitely a need. You don't want to lose teeth or suffer infections or abscesses. But don't underestimate the benefit of braces.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
06-11-2016, 02:34 PM
(06-11-2016 02:25 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Feeling a shade guilty... So, I'll take out what is essentially a credit card to get my tooth issues taken care of, but I wouldn't do that to get braces that my daughter would like? I hate financing something like my dental work, but I had justified it to myself by the reasoning that as my children's provider, I need to make sure I am in decent health to continue providing. As of now, my teeth are not hurting, but an infection is the next step in the process and if it turned nasty, well... that could get really bad. So I figured it is honestly the morally correct thing to do to get my problem fixed before it gets even more expensive or causes me to be out of work or seriously ill.

Consider how much more expensive your teeth will cost if you put this off. You're saving money in the long run by biting the bullet (no pun intended) before they get worse. Your daughter's braces do not trump your own actual medical needs. You're correct to prioritize yourself first in this case. Besides, lots of kids who need braces don't get them until they're adults and they turn out just fine. Smile
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
06-11-2016, 02:46 PM

Dental infections can become very serious very fast. I think you did the right thing by taking care of your teeth. Your daughter's teeth sound like more of a cosmetic concern than something that could potentially destroy her health. If it was me, and my parent could potentially harm their health by not getting their teeth fixed--I would *much* rather they do that instead of getting me braces. And of course, your daughter can still get braces in the future. I'm sure as a parent it wasn't an easy decision because you want to give your kids everything they need--but I think you made the right call. Don't feel guilty for taking care of your health.
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
06-11-2016, 02:50 PM
(06-11-2016 02:46 PM)jennybee Wrote:  

Dental infections can become very serious very fast. I think you did the right thing by taking care of your teeth. Your daughter's teeth sound like more of a cosmetic concern than something that could potentially destroy her health. If it was me, and my parent could potentially harm their health by not getting their teeth fixed--I would *much* rather they do that instead of getting me braces. And of course, your daughter can still get braces in the future. I'm sure as a parent it wasn't an easy decision because you want to give your kids everything they need--but I think you made the right call. Don't feel guilty for taking care of your health.

Yeah that! Eloquently said, Jenny. Smile
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
06-11-2016, 03:18 PM
Hugs FC. Hug

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post