Small things that make you frown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2016, 01:59 PM
RE: Small things that make you frown
(17-12-2016 01:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 01:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  Were they young? Maybe you kicked their brains into gear... we can only hope.

I would guess one was early teen the other maybe mid-30s.

When they asked why I stopped believing my first thought was to tell them it was the result of seven years of Catholic school. Instead I told them that I didn't ever really believe I just followed what my parents made me do with regard to religion.

So they feel confident to spread the good news to you who has so much more life experience than them Rolleyes God. Were they earnest? Man. I never get JWs where I am. I dunno if I look scary or what but even when I've seen them out in their starched shirts and ties they've never tried to approach me Sad And I'd be so nice too. I just want to spread the word that there is no God Sad

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2016, 02:41 PM
(17-12-2016 01:59 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 01:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I would guess one was early teen the other maybe mid-30s.

When they asked why I stopped believing my first thought was to tell them it was the result of seven years of Catholic school. Instead I told them that I didn't ever really believe I just followed what my parents made me do with regard to religion.

So they feel confident to spread the good news to you who has so much more life experience than them Rolleyes God. Were they earnest? Man. I never get JWs where I am. I dunno if I look scary or what but even when I've seen them out in their starched shirts and ties they've never tried to approach me Sad And I'd be so nice too. I just want to spread the word that there is no God Sad

They were polite and pleasant but determined to get me to listen.

I must say I was surprised that the young girl asked me the question regarding why I don't believe...that's sort of why I said I had followed my parents' lead with regard to religion. Maybe I planted a seed. I am pretty sure they were mother and daughter.

I was polite but equally determined not to get drawn into a long discussion.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
19-12-2016, 11:47 AM
I saw this bumper sticker over the weekend:

"Don't worry about tomorrow. God's already there."

Dodgy

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
19-12-2016, 02:32 PM
Apparently THREE, count em, 3 .... legal opinions is not good enough for the French courts. Facepalm
Stupid Frenchies

http://www.wsj.com/articles/french-court...1482157757

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-12-2016, 03:23 PM
Coworker: "What does CSR stand for?"

Me: "Probably Cumulative Sanctions Report. Were you seeing it with sanctions data?"

Coworker: "Yes"

Me: "Then it's Cumulative Sanctions Report."

Coworker: "But do you know what CSR stands for?

Me: Blink

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
20-12-2016, 03:34 PM
Been out of work since the first of this month. No money coming in and no luck with interviews...I am so sick of this shit and don't know how the hell I am going to keep food on the table or make my car payment and other obligations next month.

Crap time to be looking for work...just left another interview...I am not going to even get my hopes up. Happy fucking holidays. Censored

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
20-12-2016, 03:47 PM
Anjele, I'm very sorry to hear that! I hope you find something soon! It really sucks when you don't have a job and don't know how long it will be before you find one. Sad

[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
20-12-2016, 03:49 PM
(20-12-2016 03:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Been out of work since the first of this month. No money coming in and no luck with interviews...I am so sick of this shit and don't know how the hell I am going to keep food on the table or make my car payment and other obligations next month.

Crap time to be looking for work...just left another interview...I am not going to even get my hopes up. Happy fucking holidays. Censored

Hug
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
21-12-2016, 04:15 AM
(20-12-2016 03:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Been out of work since the first of this month. No money coming in and no luck with interviews...I am so sick of this shit and don't know how the hell I am going to keep food on the table or make my car payment and other obligations next month.

Undecided Hug

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-12-2016, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2016 02:32 PM by Shai Hulud.)
Good old dad on Christmas, when mom mentions a person at her church with a quadriplegic son, his response is, "Great, another one getting a check from the government..."

(17-12-2016 02:41 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 01:59 PM)morondog Wrote:  So they feel confident to spread the good news to you who has so much more life experience than them Rolleyes God. Were they earnest? Man. I never get JWs where I am. I dunno if I look scary or what but even when I've seen them out in their starched shirts and ties they've never tried to approach me Sad And I'd be so nice too. I just want to spread the word that there is no God Sad

They were polite and pleasant but determined to get me to listen.

I must say I was surprised that the young girl asked me the question regarding why I don't believe...that's sort of why I said I had followed my parents' lead with regard to religion. Maybe I planted a seed. I am pretty sure they were mother and daughter.

I was polite but equally determined not to get drawn into a long discussion.
Lucky, I never get anyone these days. Tongue The last one I had, actually, was a Baptist minister who took great offense at my being Catholic, and kept finding other places to be each time when I asked inconvenient questions like, "Well yes we could go by the Roman Road as its called, with how Paul lays out the plan of Salvation in the book of Romans, but why then does he also say that we need to continue to work out our salvation with fear and trembling?" Also perhaps hypocritical of me, but kind of hoping you did plant a seed of doubt in that girl's mind about the JW's, given, if nothing else, their policies towards life saving stuff like blood transfusions.

Hug On the job front.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user