Small things that make you frown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2017, 06:36 PM
RE: Small things that make you frown
Good news - bad news thing.

I think I am really, really going to like the new job...but I don't get a paycheck till January 31st. Sadcryface

Since my last paycheck was on December 1st and most of it went to my hearing aids I have to figure out how I can make it another month with no money. Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
04-01-2017, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2017 12:41 PM by Shai Hulud.)
(03-01-2017 06:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Good news - bad news thing.

I think I am really, really going to like the new job...but I don't get a paycheck till January 31st. Sadcryface

Since my last paycheck was on December 1st and most of it went to my hearing aids I have to figure out how I can make it another month with no money. Weeping

Hug

---

First candidate today. Thought I was overanalyzing it when feeling condescended to when we were first introduced. By end of our one on one meeting, knew it for certain...do not react to my university where I got a PhD by belittling it as not impressive, unlike yours, because you went to one of the top five in the nation for our field. Do not, after knowing that I've taught courts related classes, say, "and of course that was a Bright Line Cutoff Rule state. Now let me explain, the Bright Line Cutoff Rule is..." Yes. I've taught about it at length. I know what it is. Had to turn and pretend to take notes because that was the point where my eye quite literally began to twitch. Someone's not getting my vote...

Also she whitesplained to one of my African American students about race and the criminal justice system (there is no racism apparently).

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-01-2017, 04:04 PM
Thought about buying apples and thought I've got some awesome peanut butter they would go with and then remembered how much Duke LOVED apples (not to mention peanut butter)

Then I frowned and put them back. I'll buy them another time.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

05-01-2017, 05:00 AM
Inadvertently called a work colleague I am meeting for the first time on Tuesday, a cunt.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
08-01-2017, 11:25 AM
In one of the Catholic groups that I'm in on Facebook, one of the Traditionalists is demanding photos of everyone's Catholic books to 'prove' that they're not reading liberal theologians who aren't "Traditional". His own photos show books by the leader of a schismatic sect.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-01-2017, 01:10 PM
(08-01-2017 11:25 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  In one of the Catholic groups that I'm in on Facebook, one of the Traditionalists is demanding photos of everyone's Catholic books to 'prove' that they're not reading liberal theologians who aren't "Traditional". His own photos show books by the leader of a schismatic sect.

He's got sectual urges??? That's hairy-tickle! Gasp

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
08-01-2017, 01:15 PM
Weather...

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

08-01-2017, 02:17 PM
Waited 20 minuets to get a yummy cheeseburger with jalapeno poppers delivered, got it then immediately ran into a door and dropped it all.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
08-01-2017, 02:18 PM
(08-01-2017 02:17 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Waited 20 minuets to get a yummy cheeseburger with jalapeno peppers delivered, got it then immediately ran into a door and dropped it all.

Does the 5 second rule come into play?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
08-01-2017, 02:20 PM
(08-01-2017 02:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-01-2017 02:17 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Waited 20 minuets to get a yummy cheeseburger with jalapeno peppers delivered, got it then immediately ran into a door and dropped it all.

Does the 5 second rule come into play?

Pretty dirty floor and I already got sick last year, wasn't chancing it, I did manage to save a popper though.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze