Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2017, 09:37 PM
RE: Small things that make you frown
(16-01-2017 09:13 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(16-01-2017 07:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  $778,000.00
(16-01-2017 07:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  1300sf

Laughat City folk...

I basically only use three rooms in my home. Everything else just collects dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-01-2017, 09:40 PM
(16-01-2017 09:37 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(16-01-2017 09:13 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Laughat City folk...

I basically only use three rooms in my home. Everything else just collects dust.

Well those are the dust rooms Tongue

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
16-01-2017, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2017 09:58 PM by yakherder.)
(16-01-2017 09:37 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(16-01-2017 09:13 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Laughat City folk...

If I were gonna build my house without input from my more rational girlfriend, I'd probably just make one big room and use moveable dividers to section it off as I see fit in case I change my mind.

I'd also probably have a rope ladder instead of stairs. What a waste of space Big Grin

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
16-01-2017, 10:06 PM
I just wasted entirely too much time trying to figure out what the inside of one of my characters' homes looks like. Facepalm Was trying to find the actual floor plan of the historical home I'm basing their home on but no dice. Eh, it's dumb - not like I'm going to say what house it's based on in the book. So I can literally look up any floorplan online and use that. Facepalm

16-01-2017, 10:17 PM
Not a waste. Being able to precisely visualize the historical context of the objects and space they occupy daily can go a long way toward the detail of that character, in your mind...even if the house details won't make it to paper.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
17-01-2017, 11:52 AM
(16-01-2017 05:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Zig is getting better about coming in the door and letting me wipe off his paws...he doesn't like it but he tolerates it. He did get a bath...then the bathroom got a bath...then I got a bath...yeesh! But he did well when I did let him out and stayed out of the areas where there isn't any grass...like were we used to have a shed in the back yard till the hail decided we didn't need it any more.

The soil here is a sticky black clay that is a real mess to deal with, especially when it gets wet. It's almost impossible to get off the dogs' paws without putting then in the tub and nearly performing a full bath. Confused
We're lucky not to have that kind of mud. But the next time we let our dog out in the backyard after she has had a bath, she'll rub both sides of her face in the dirt/mud like she's trying to scratch it. Then she lies on her side in the dirt/mud and then turns on her back and wriggles around like she's scratching her back. There's plenty of grass in the backyard, but she'll find a spot with dirt/mud. She leaves us wondering why we bothered with the bath. Sad

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
17-01-2017, 06:17 PM
All the WD40 in the world isn't going to help when the squeaky hinge sound is really coming from a parrot with a sense of humor.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
17-01-2017, 06:21 PM
(17-01-2017 06:17 PM)Aliza Wrote:  All the WD40 in the world isn't going to help when the squeaky hinge sound is really coming from a parrot with a sense of humor.

I have experienced the same thing. Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
17-01-2017, 06:23 PM
(17-01-2017 06:17 PM)Aliza Wrote:  All the WD40 in the world isn't going to help when the squeaky hinge sound is really coming from a parrot with a sense of humor.

I think your parrot got it from my door. It literally sounds like the sound effect they use in horror movies.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
17-01-2017, 08:37 PM
Getting cold feet again on my book. Confused