Small things that make you frown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2017, 11:55 PM
RE: Small things that make you frown
(16-01-2017 09:22 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I paid just over 12k for 2 acres of property surrounded by lakes and rivers in Rivière Rouge, Québec. Granted, it's undeveloped, but if I get everything on my wish list I'll spend a few hundred thousand. I know, there's a reason for such differences in property value. But I'd take a nice cabin out in the sticks any day even if it weren't way cheaper. Personal preference Big Grin

Yeah, but it's in Quebec. You have to deal with the wild French mimes.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
18-01-2017, 12:02 AM
(17-01-2017 11:55 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(16-01-2017 09:22 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I paid just over 12k for 2 acres of property surrounded by lakes and rivers in Rivière Rouge, Québec. Granted, it's undeveloped, but if I get everything on my wish list I'll spend a few hundred thousand. I know, there's a reason for such differences in property value. But I'd take a nice cabin out in the sticks any day even if it weren't way cheaper. Personal preference Big Grin

Yeah, but it's in Quebec. You have to deal with the wild French mimes.

Perhaps. But if we're still using California as a comparison... Well, It could be worse Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
18-01-2017, 07:14 AM
Woke up twice last night with a charlie horse. (And got tangled in the sheets trying to get up to walk it off.) Still hobbling around for class in 45.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-01-2017, 07:21 AM
I finally gave up and quit following someone on Facebook who just can't let the whole 'Trump' thing go...not even for a day.

Now, if only there was a way that I could set to ignore all the threads that have Trump in the title around here. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
27-01-2017, 07:27 AM
(27-01-2017 07:21 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I finally gave up and quit following someone on Facebook who just can't let the whole 'Trump' thing go...not even for a day.

Now, if only there was a way that I could set to ignore all the threads that have Trump in the title around here. Undecided

You would have to get rid of the entire Politics section.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
27-01-2017, 12:08 PM
(27-01-2017 07:27 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(27-01-2017 07:21 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I finally gave up and quit following someone on Facebook who just can't let the whole 'Trump' thing go...not even for a day.

You would have to get rid of the entire Politics section.

And the "Favorite Pictures for a Laugh at Anything Else" thread.

I've often wondered if a "Favorite Pictures for a Laugh at Politics" thread would take off. Consider

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
27-01-2017, 01:17 PM
(27-01-2017 12:08 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(27-01-2017 07:27 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  You would have to get rid of the entire Politics section.

And the "Favorite Pictures for a Laugh at Anything Else" thread.

I've often wondered if a "Favorite Pictures for a Laugh at Politics" thread would take off. Consider

At this point, it would probably become the thread with the most posts.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
27-01-2017, 05:54 PM
(27-01-2017 01:17 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(27-01-2017 12:08 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  And the "Favorite Pictures for a Laugh at Anything Else" thread.

At this point, it would probably become the thread with the most posts.

Yabut, I'm not laughing. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
28-01-2017, 08:53 PM
"Mom, I can't decide on a movie to watch, help me out."

"Watch *insert movie I do not have*."

Facepalm Not particularly helpful there.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
28-01-2017, 09:06 PM
(28-01-2017 08:53 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  "Mom, I can't decide on a movie to watch, help me out."

"Watch *insert movie I do not have*."

Facepalm Not particularly helpful there.

Bonus points if she later asks you to pause a multiplayer game? Did you decide on one? Watching Keeping Up With the Joneses here.

Need to think of a witty signature.