Small things that make you frown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2017, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2017 09:36 PM by CleverUsername.)
RE: Small things that make you frown
(28-01-2017 09:06 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Bonus points if she later asks you to pause a multiplayer game? Did you decide on one? Watching Keeping Up With the Joneses here.

Laugh out load Thankfully I don't play games often, that's probably more my brother's problem.

Nope. My problem is Im at college so I have a relatively small movie pool and I've had roughly the same (I get a new one here and there) relatively small movie pool for a year and a half here, so I've watched everything I'm actually enthusiastic to watch enough times to start wearing down the entertainment value.

I have almost every pre-2010 Pixar movie (plus Inside Out), Shrek 2, Kung Fu Panda 2, How to Train Your Dragon, Ice Age, Wreck-It Ralph, The Emperor's New Groove,The Peanuts Movie, Rise of the Guardians, and a DVD of Penguins of Madagascar episodes, plus most of those have creator commentaries which I like watching as much as I do the movies (there are also a few more but they're bad enough that I'm ashamed to admit I own them Confused ). You know, in case anyone who sees this post would like to push me towards something. Hobo Blush

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2017, 11:59 PM
Poor bro then, if it happens. When visiting my parents, it's been known to. Laugh out load Also as someone who owns A Matter of Faith and both God's Not Dead films, I can't really fault anyone else's choice in cinema, heh. But Emperor's New Groove or Wreck it Ralph! Llamas or inside the world of computers/video games!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-01-2017, 09:29 AM
(28-01-2017 11:59 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Poor bro then, if it happens. When visiting my parents, it's been known to. Laugh out load Also as someone who owns A Matter of Faith and both God's Not Dead films, I can't really fault anyone else's choice in cinema, heh. But Emperor's New Groove or Wreck it Ralph! Llamas or inside the world of computers/video games!

I'll keep those suggestions in mind for next time I'm trying to figure out what to watch. Smile Ended up going with How to Train Your Dragon last night since it was the most recent one I got.

For another thing that makes me frown, I told myself I wouldn't put off my homework until Sunday again, and I did it anyway. I'm not shocked at this point.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
29-01-2017, 05:32 PM
I can't focus to complete this assignment because the assignment is boring and stupid.

Shai Hulud, don't issue boring and stupid assignments to your students. We don't like it! Angry
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
29-01-2017, 07:57 PM
Dragon win! And Aliza, I try not to. The longest assignment I have is a 5 page paper for the upcoming semester, and it's to relate Straight Outta Compton (which we'll watch) to one of a set of seven criminological theories. Tongue And sorry about the boring and stupid assignments!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
30-01-2017, 09:46 AM
(28-08-2014 11:40 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  We already have a thread for smiling so let's turn that smile upside down! Post here little things that leave a scowl on your face.

When you make the tenth and final post on a page and then somebody posts immediately after you. Then nobody notices you posted. Sad

Small things that make you frown should make you chuckle instead.

(29-01-2017 05:32 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I can't focus to complete this assignment because the assignment is boring and stupid.

Shai Hulud, don't issue boring and stupid assignments to your students. We don't like it! Angry

If you were never issued boring assignments you would not know what an exciting assignment would be.
01-02-2017, 12:07 PM
So I was digging through some old journals I had when I was a little kid...and I came across my old Sunday School workbook.

I started crying, because on one page, there was a section where I had to fill in the blanks with my name saying I had sinned, I didn't deserve love or forgiveness, I deserved eternal torment, I was a wretched, demonic creature. But god was so kind to forgive me, a 5 year old little girl, for being the monster I never had a choice to be.

What a horrid thing to teach a child. No wonder I have anxiety.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 4 users Like Loom's post
01-02-2017, 12:19 PM
(01-02-2017 12:07 PM)Loom Wrote:  So I was digging through some old journals I had when I was a little kid...and I came across my old Sunday School workbook.

I started crying, because on one page, there was a section where I had to fill in the blanks with my name saying I had sinned, I didn't deserve love or forgiveness, I deserved eternal torment, I was a wretched, demonic creature. But god was so kind to forgive me, a 5 year old little girl, for being the monster I never had a choice to be.

Hug
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
01-02-2017, 12:24 PM
(01-02-2017 12:07 PM)Loom Wrote:  So I was digging through some old journals I had when I was a little kid...and I came across my old Sunday School workbook.

Reason #723 why religious indoctrination of children is nothing short of child abuse.
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
01-02-2017, 12:27 PM

I had similar teachings which gave me so much anxiety as a Christian. I was raised Catholic though and my first introduction to the church--around 6 years old-- was at a happening before Easter. A man stood up and read from the Bible about how God killed all the first born in Egypt and people smeared blood on their doors to avoid him killing them by mistake. I went home crying to my mother, fearful that God was going to come and kill me since I was the first born in my family. I had nightmares after that for a long time and viewed God as a monster and not as a loving being for many years after that. I am sorry you went through this.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post