Small things that make you frown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2017, 02:21 PM
RE: Small things that make you frown
(14-03-2017 12:45 PM)kim Wrote:  Years ago, a lot of my (former) co-workers had the same complaint.

When I would tell them to just lock it instead of shutting down, I would get a fearful look from a few who would say, "I don't think they want us doing that.".

Way to think outside the cube. Dodgy
We call it a PICNIC.
(Problem in chair, not in computer Tongue )

(14-03-2017 01:59 PM)morondog Wrote:  That's why when the user complains often the first question is "Is your computer plugged in?" Big Grin

Yup. Unless I can see that the computer is on, it's usually the first thing I check. Smile

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
14-03-2017, 02:30 PM
Shoveling snow in the rain. Yuck.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
18-03-2017, 09:56 AM
(14-03-2017 12:45 PM)kim Wrote:  
(14-03-2017 12:16 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I work in IT. This morning a user complained because hourly employees clock in through their computer and every morning she has to wait for her computer to start up because "it shuts down overnight". This then adds minutes to her clock-in time waiting for the computer to start. So I was thinking maybe a loose cord, faulty power supply, or maybe the cleaning people in the evening are bumping something, but upon further discussion, this employee shuts her computer down herself every night before she goes home and thought it would somehow just be back on for her when she arrives in the mornings! Facepalm

Years ago, a lot of my (former) co-workers had the same complaint.

When I would tell them to just lock it instead of shutting down, I would get a fearful look from a few who would say, "I don't think they want us doing that.".

Way to think outside the cube. Dodgy

Yeah we just lock our screens at the end of the day. Very rarely do we actually shut down the things.

18-03-2017, 12:47 PM
I just cancelled my last paper magazine subscription. I used to get a bunch of magazines every month but a few years back I realized that I would end up picking a day every few months and binge browse magazines that had piled up. Ads have increased and content has decreased so it's time to let go of the last one. *sigh*

It was easier than when I finally gave up on getting a daily or even weekend newspaper delivered. I loved the newspaper...there were parts I didn't read but always the comics for last. A couple years after moving here I stopped the daily paper for the weekend ones. Then I realized that by the time I took out all the ads, the classified, and the sports section there just wasn't enough left to justify the cost and the waste of paper. Undecided

I have been reading print magazines and newspapers since I was a kid...the end of an era.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
25-03-2017, 09:26 AM
Slept later than I intended to. Sad So now I've had to hurry and get ready to go to the dentist. Last permanent crown today. anyway, was hoping I could sit on the net for a bit and drink my coffee but I'm having to do a quick post here and chug my coffee down. Undecided Here's hoping the day improves.

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
25-03-2017, 10:25 AM
(25-03-2017 09:26 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Slept later than I intended to. Sad So now I've had to hurry and get ready to go to the dentist. Last permanent crown today. anyway, was hoping I could sit on the net for a bit and drink my coffee but I'm having to do a quick post here and chug my coffee down. Undecided Here's hoping the day improves.

I mean if you had gotten up the first time I went back to wake you up then you would have had time. But whatever. Tongue

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
25-03-2017, 10:45 AM
Goddamn the world is noisy!

Yes, it's great that I can hear better at work and I don't have to try to fill in the blanks of words that I missed...but DAYUM!

Having the TV volume set where it's always been hurts my ears and the grocery store...who knew it so freaking loud in there. Blink

Some days I can't wait to take my hearing aids out to just give my brain a rest from all the aural sensory overload.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-03-2017, 11:12 AM
(25-03-2017 10:25 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(25-03-2017 09:26 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Slept later than I intended to. Sad So now I've had to hurry and get ready to go to the dentist. Last permanent crown today. anyway, was hoping I could sit on the net for a bit and drink my coffee but I'm having to do a quick post here and chug my coffee down. Undecided Here's hoping the day improves.

I mean if you had gotten up the first time I went back to wake you up then you would have had time. But whatever. Tongue

Dodgy Tongue

25-03-2017, 11:13 AM
I can't feel the right side of my face or my tongue Hobo

25-03-2017, 11:18 AM
(25-03-2017 11:13 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I can't feel the right side of my face or my tongue Hobo

Evil_monster

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post