Small things that make you frown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2017, 04:41 PM
RE: Small things that make you frown
(02-04-2017 09:32 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  So, the boy mentioned something tonight that's got me a bit worried. Undecided This isn't anything he's really mentioned before, but we picked him up from being over at his dad's place and when we got home, he burst into tears. Asked him what was wrong and he mentioned a couple of things but the one that really bothered me / worried me was him mentioning that he constantly experiences this feeling of being watched. Like there is someone else in the room. He says he feels this way no matter where he's at (whether it's somewhere familiar or unfamiliar), no matter what time of day it is (day or night), and no matter whether he is alone or if there are other actual people in the room. He said he feels like there is always someone there watching him.

He carries around the Nook quite a lot and watches YouTube on it. He'll carry it to the bathroom with him, even, and we have to get on to him because unless we say something, he'll watch it late into the night. He told me that it helps him to keep his mind off of the feeling of being watched. He seemed very distressed and of course that worried me too. Sad

As he spoke he was fidgeting with a little toy he has, and asked if we'd order him a little fidget toy thing (it's one of those fidget toys that help folks with anxiety or ADD or ADHD - hell I use similar stuff to help me when I'm stressed at work) so we did because it was no big deal, honestly, and I wanted to make him feel better.

I'm just not sure. I asked him if he has always felt this way (like, even when he was little) but he thinks it's just been the last two years or so. Of course my thought immediately goes to my dad's death (he died in October 2015) which was not quite two years ago but I don't know if it's related at all.

Anyway. Sad

Is it possible that your mother is filling him full of god is watching you or grandpa is watching you?

Sounds like a little digging and maybe some counseling are in order.

Don't talk to your mom about it...she will find some way to blame you and/or your relationship with Revs.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
06-04-2017, 09:56 PM
(06-04-2017 04:41 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 09:32 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  So, the boy mentioned something tonight that's got me a bit worried. Undecided This isn't anything he's really mentioned before, but we picked him up from being over at his dad's place and when we got home, he burst into tears. Asked him what was wrong and he mentioned a couple of things but the one that really bothered me / worried me was him mentioning that he constantly experiences this feeling of being watched. Like there is someone else in the room. He says he feels this way no matter where he's at (whether it's somewhere familiar or unfamiliar), no matter what time of day it is (day or night), and no matter whether he is alone or if there are other actual people in the room. He said he feels like there is always someone there watching him.

He carries around the Nook quite a lot and watches YouTube on it. He'll carry it to the bathroom with him, even, and we have to get on to him because unless we say something, he'll watch it late into the night. He told me that it helps him to keep his mind off of the feeling of being watched. He seemed very distressed and of course that worried me too. Sad

As he spoke he was fidgeting with a little toy he has, and asked if we'd order him a little fidget toy thing (it's one of those fidget toys that help folks with anxiety or ADD or ADHD - hell I use similar stuff to help me when I'm stressed at work) so we did because it was no big deal, honestly, and I wanted to make him feel better.

I'm just not sure. I asked him if he has always felt this way (like, even when he was little) but he thinks it's just been the last two years or so. Of course my thought immediately goes to my dad's death (he died in October 2015) which was not quite two years ago but I don't know if it's related at all.

Anyway. Sad

Is it possible that your mother is filling him full of god is watching you or grandpa is watching you?

Sounds like a little digging and maybe some counseling are in order.

Don't talk to your mom about it...she will find some way to blame you and/or your relationship with Revs.

I'm not sure, honestly. Of course she mentions to me about how she (and all of us) will see my dad again. My son's had a couple of breakdowns at school where the grief just hit him all at once. And my mom works at the school so not sure what she might have told him in those moments.

Counseling is definitely on the table and something I am considering.

08-04-2017, 09:33 AM
I accepted an invitation to lunch...so far I haven't made it off the couch to even take a shower. Voluntary social interaction - shudder-

My baby boy turns 30 tomorrow...30, thirty...he turns 30. Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
15-04-2017, 08:33 PM
(14-04-2017 11:05 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  9 hours later the prep for EA's daughters Sweet 16 party is nearly done. It looks amazing but jeebus fuck am I tired. Now as long as her good for nothing asshat father actually shows up and does not make a giant ass of himself should be a good day.

Well he made as good an effort to fuck it up as he could be fucked. Motherfucker did not even bother showing up. Waited til he was supposed to be there and called her saying he was still in San Antonio. What the actual fuck is wrong here? Her mom's boyfriend spend the better part of 2 days helping to set this party up but her flesh and blood father can't be fucked to even show up, all she asked of him. Gonna put a tire iron in between his fucking eyes next time I see him. Censored Found out she was in tears when he called. EA and I had gone to go fetch the pizzas for the party.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
16-04-2017, 01:24 AM
(15-04-2017 08:33 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(14-04-2017 11:05 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  9 hours later the prep for EA's daughters Sweet 16 party is nearly done. It looks amazing but jeebus fuck am I tired. Now as long as her good for nothing asshat father actually shows up and does not make a giant ass of himself should be a good day.

Well he made as good an effort to fuck it up as he could be fucked. Motherfucker did not even bother showing up. Waited til he was supposed to be there and called her saying he was still in San Antonio. What the actual fuck is wrong here? Her mom's boyfriend spend the better part of 2 days helping to set this party up but her flesh and blood father can't be fucked to even show up, all she asked of him. Gonna put a tire iron in between his fucking eyes next time I see him. Censored Found out she was in tears when he called. EA and I had gone to go fetch the pizzas for the party.

Ya know, as much as he's her dad and all that shit, it sounds like she's better off without him anyway.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
16-04-2017, 09:38 AM
(16-04-2017 01:24 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 08:33 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Well he made as good an effort to fuck it up as he could be fucked. Motherfucker did not even bother showing up. Waited til he was supposed to be there and called her saying he was still in San Antonio. What the actual fuck is wrong here? Her mom's boyfriend spend the better part of 2 days helping to set this party up but her flesh and blood father can't be fucked to even show up, all she asked of him. Gonna put a tire iron in between his fucking eyes next time I see him. Censored Found out she was in tears when he called. EA and I had gone to go fetch the pizzas for the party.

Ya know, as much as he's her dad and all that shit, it sounds like she's better off without him anyway.

If he fell off a cliff tomorrow he would be doing both his kids a world of favor. At least that way they would have no expectations for him to disappoint.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
16-04-2017, 09:18 PM
Liars.

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
16-04-2017, 10:12 PM
Of all nights to not have any beer in the fridge

17-04-2017, 01:27 PM (This post was last modified: 17-04-2017 02:46 PM by Shai Hulud.)
Glad I got an extra hour of sleep last night, I had forgotten how busy a day today is. 8am I had a student in for 30 minutes of advising. 9am to 10am was class. 10am I had a student in for half an hour of advising. 11am to 12pm I had class, 12pm to 1pm I had an all faculty meeting, 1pm to 2pm I had class. My 2pm appointment hasn't shown yet, and have 2 hours of office hours coming up from 3pm to 5pm, with one confirmed student coming in at 4:30pm for advising during it. It's now around 2:30pm and I am eating a protein bar for lunch. Edit: And I have someone coming in at 5:45pm for advising now as well.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
17-04-2017, 02:03 PM
I don't want to go home today. Been a long time since I felt that way.