Oh and I twisted my ankle.

It freaking hurts.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2017, 08:09 PM
RE: Small things that make you frown
My brother and sister-in-law got a Bassett Hound pup before they even got married. (named KC of all things) They had her for years and years. SIL travels A LOT for work so my brother was always in charge of KC's care and later that of my nephew. Though they were sad when KC had to be put down he was sort of relieved that he didn't have to rush home from work to tend to a geriatric dog. He used the time to grocery shop, get his hair cut, and run other errands...then SIL came home with a black lab puppy and then it all started all over again. They recently posted a picture of the dog (full grown) laying on the kitchen counter when they came home from dinner out. They still don't know how she got up there but she was apparently afraid to get down. At least she didn't eat the iPad that was laying next to her. Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
27-04-2017, 09:11 PM
(27-04-2017 07:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(27-04-2017 06:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  They tend to go fast. I contacted several breeders before we found Zig and there was a guy flying up from Florida to get one of the litter mates. I wasn't looking for a show quality dog, I just like the general disposition of the breed and they are small enough to be portable without being so small they are delicate.

Still waiting to hear from the rescue org. I am purposely not getting my hopes up. Undecided

Aww...I'm still crossing fingers and toes that your news is good.

I think I'm going to follow my husband's lead and just forget a pet.

It's weird to me because I've always had one since I was a little girl.

Get the man a collar, problem solved. Gasp
28-04-2017, 07:31 AM
(27-04-2017 08:09 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My brother and sister-in-law got a Bassett Hound pup before they even got married. (named KC of all things) They had her for years and years. SIL travels A LOT for work so my brother was always in charge of KC's care and later that of my nephew. Though they were sad when KC had to be put down he was sort of relieved that he didn't have to rush home from work to tend to a geriatric dog. He used the time to grocery shop, get his hair cut, and run other errands...then SIL came home with a black lab puppy and then it all started all over again. They recently posted a picture of the dog (full grown) laying on the kitchen counter when they came home from dinner out. They still don't know how she got up there but she was apparently afraid to get down. At least she didn't eat the iPad that was laying next to her. Facepalm

Brain may not be as awake as the rest of my body, because my first thought was actually, "Anjele had Kingschosen euthanized?"

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Shai Hulud's post
28-04-2017, 01:07 PM
My procrastination has caught up with me AGAIN.
That and promising too much to too many.
And here I sit at the motor vehicle registration office ... in the middle if a long string of crap I put off doing all month.

I just want this month to be done. Undecided

Oh AND ... I think I have pink eye. Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
28-04-2017, 02:05 PM
I think I just got Secularist Bingo. Our secretary was ranting about the new "free speech zone" they've put on campus, and how you can't even pray in schools any more, or have Christian displays at courthouses, how we should have the 10 Commandments up everywhere as the basis of our laws. And how if these atheists want Good Friday removed, they should be forced to work on it. (Uh...we all do in this state, none of us get Good Friday off. She also called me out on having a test on Good Friday, "and you're Catholic!") And then started ranting about those atheist groups who send cease and desist letters. Facepalm Took all I had in me not to say, "On that note, next Christmas, can you not have a giant manger on our department office window? I was expecting us to get a letter from FFRF and several students expressed their discomfort to me."

[+] 4 users Like Shai Hulud's post
28-04-2017, 02:13 PM
(28-04-2017 02:05 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  how we should have the 10 Commandments up everywhere as the basis of our laws.

I take it she's a bit on the slow side, poor sod (sodette? Consider ), isn't she?

(21-04-2017 06:00 AM)Vera Wrote:  ten commandments, no? The basis of all morality, no? I mean, it doesn't get any more moral than this, no? Of course you shouldn't covet the property of others, no?

"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house; thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his man-servant, nor his maid-servant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's."

Then again, maybe it's *I* who doesn't have my priorities straight, of course the ultimate source of morality cannot include every tiny bit of minor instruction, like, not to rape or not to have slaves. Luckily, it's got all the *really* important things covered, like no grovelling in front of other gods, no taking dog's name if vain and kill all those icon-painters and other sinners Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
28-04-2017, 02:20 PM
(28-04-2017 02:13 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 02:05 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  how we should have the 10 Commandments up everywhere as the basis of our laws.

I take it she's a bit on the slow side, poor sod (sodette? Consider ), isn't she?

(21-04-2017 06:00 AM)Vera Wrote:  ten commandments, no? The basis of all morality, no? I mean, it doesn't get any more moral than this, no? Of course you shouldn't covet the property of others, no?

"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house; thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his man-servant, nor his maid-servant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's."

Yeah, somehow I think she overlooks those ones while doing things like putting up manger scenes on the windows in a public university. . .

Quote:Then again, maybe it's *I* who doesn't have my priorities straight, of course the ultimate source of morality cannot include every tiny bit of minor instruction, like, not to rape or not to have slaves. Luckily, it's got all the *really* important things covered, like no grovelling in front of other gods, no taking dog's name if vain and kill all those icon-painters and other sinners Drinking Beverage

Well when you're only working with 10 Commandments, you need to prioritize I guess? (Being snarky, don't believe that.) Then again, Deuteronomy does say if a woman's raped you need to pay her dad and marry her. Christian Apologetics Site GotQuestions does some truly astounding mental gymnastics about that chapter of Deuteronomy.

29-04-2017, 04:14 AM
(28-04-2017 02:20 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Then again, Deuteronomy does say if a woman's raped you need to pay her dad and marry her. Christian Apologetics Site GotQuestions does some truly astounding mental gymnastics about that chapter of Deuteronomy.

Aaaand... how does it sit with you?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
29-04-2017, 04:47 AM
There's a big freakin' nail in the back tire of my car. Thanks, Trump.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post